Modern leds and distance to plants

inthetrees

Nice chart. Thanks for the info. I have no less than 800 CO2 levels at all times. I related it to fully organic grows keeping the CO2 levels that high.
Yeah I actually jacked my co2 afterwards. That's the only thing I've struggled to understand with those charts. Like waiting till week 5 to hit 800 ppm seems way off to me but I'm no pro.

Thats awesome man those things look deadly! When I first looked at the HLG Canada website they wanted like $1500+ CAD for the 600's... I had a budget so I dumped $2k into my Meijiu's instead and then another 1k on this Hortibloom. Few days later I see the Scorpions and go back to the HLG website... Now the 600's are $1188 lol. I'll be switching over to the HLG's by summer. Had enough dickin around from these Chinese lights. Love the light compared to my HPS but just a guessing game what your truly getting for diodes.
For those prices.....better to just build one.

Thats awesome man those things look deadly! When I first looked at the HLG Canada website they wanted like $1500+ CAD for the 600's... I had a budget so I dumped $2k into my Meijiu's instead and then another 1k on this Hortibloom. Few days later I see the Scorpions and go back to the HLG website... Now the 600's are $1188 lol. I'll be switching over to the HLG's by summer. Had enough dickin around from these Chinese lights. Love the light compared to my HPS but just a guessing game what your truly getting for diodes.
Make sure to use the code RIU10 or PERM10 to get 10% off :alien:

inthetrees

I looked into the DIY stuff but I was too busy at the time building the undercurrent systems. I figured I would have a bit of protection going through a manufacturer but I was wrong. Learned a few lessons already with how shitty overseas QC and customer service can be.

My location, material availability, shipping costs, and exchange rates always end up jacking up my DIY costs. I definitely agree with you though man, if DIY is an option then its the way to go. $1600 for a new scorpion is a hard pill to swallow when you can buy x5 1k's with hoods for that much, or like Sad said, build x3 of your own.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
You didn't get it...............................

I meant if I bought a light of you :alien:
Shit! lol Forgive me, I'm stoned!
What customer service? That's why it's called DIY. lmao!
Really, it's not as hard as people might think to build a "high performance" grow light.
You can get parts list on here and all of us that has messed with DIY would help you.
Think about it.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Was reading on IG cat was talking bout this subject, basically said and called it light bleaching, not just the albino bud effect most have experienced when putting em too close, but in effect, bleaches some trichs, more or less. Showed some pics and he claimed if you had a bigger variety of clear, amber, and cloudy and couldn't get em all to turn, and could tell in potency. Like most or some, I use cheaper LEDs so I can position em for variety of plants and I've noticed it once or twice when I'm pushing to see how close I can get lights. Just an observation

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Was reading on IG cat was talking bout this subject, basically said and called it light bleaching, not just the albino bud effect most have experienced when putting em too close, but in effect, bleaches some trichs, more or less. Showed some pics and he claimed if you had a bigger variety of clear, amber, and cloudy and couldn't get em all to turn, and could tell in potency. Like most or some, I use cheaper LEDs so I can position em for variety of plants and I've noticed it once or twice when I'm pushing to see how close I can get lights. Just an observation
Growers don't realize just how intense the photons are that is coming out the LED's today. I try and keep the PAR readings around 800 to 900. They seem happiest in that area. 16" to 20" above canopy.