Medic Grow LEDs

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
Yesterday I ordered 3 Medic Grow EZ-8 1000w lights. I currently run 9 gavita LEDs, which I'm happy with. Then I found out that gavitas parent company is Hawthorne. And Hawthorne's parent company is Monsanto. And monsanto's parent company is Satan, who is working to bring about the end times. So no more gavitas.

But back to the medic grow lights. Anyone have any experience with Medic Grow? If they suck, let me know. I can still cancel my order. I've seen great reviews on different sites, but I know those can be faked.

Yesterday I ordered 3 Medic Grow EZ-8 1000w lights. I currently run 9 gavita LEDs, which I'm happy with. Then I found out that gavitas parent company is Hawthorne. And Hawthorne's parent company is Monsanto. And monsanto's parent company is Satan, who is working to bring about the end times. So no more gavitas.

But back to the medic grow lights. Anyone have any experience with Medic Grow? If they suck, let me know. I can still cancel my order. I've seen great reviews on different sites, but I know those can be faked.
I am pretty @MisterKister ran some Medic Grow lights and eventually ran into some issue with them. They might have those issues ironed out by now but I am not sure.

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
I am pretty @MisterKister ran some Medic Grow lights and eventually ran into some issue with them. They might have those issues ironed out by now but I am not sure.
That figures. The price is almost too good to be true. The newer 1000w LEDs are ridiculously expensive, but the medic grow 1000w is $650. These lights were sold out at 90% of the sites that sell them, so I had to go with some place I've never heard of. Almost 24 hours later and they haven't sent me a receipt or even acknowledged my purchase. I paid thru PayPal, so I can still cancel.

I also really like the Optic Led Slim Killa 1000w. Other than the stupid name, they look really good. But I think they just came out, so I can find shit for info on them.

I really like that the medic grow lights is 47" x 47", and lights a 5x5 area well, as I want a wider spread. The Optic LED light is only 42"x 40", so I would have to hang it higher to get that spread.

My diy aero systems are 12' long by 5' wide, so I might be able to get away with 2 of the big ass Medic Grow lights over each unit, where I typically have to run 3 gavitas to get even canopy coverage. I want the photontek XTs, but I ain't paying $5200 for 3 lights, so I'll have to make due.

D

Deleted member 2835

Yep my medicgrow lights have all been replaced because the red diodes will quit working on them. These were the top of the line models too the spectrum x and spectrum y. I sold them to a buddy he had to have them replaced as well. I then went with two thinkgrow model I plus

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
Yep my medicgrow lights have all been replaced because the red diodes will quit working on them. These were the top of the line models too the spectrum x and spectrum y. I sold them to a buddy he had to have them replaced as well. I then went with two thinkgrow model I plus
How many did you have? Did they all have the issue? Did you contact medic grow about the warranty?

Ps. I initially marked your post with a turd, but it said -5. So I hope I didn't deduct some points from you or some shit. I didn't know it did that and I wasn't trying to

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2835

I had 1 spectrum x and 1 spectrum y. And yes they both had to be replaced twice. Medicgrows customer service is OK for being Chinese. All I had to do was send them pictures then send them the light after they email you a fed ex return label then they would send the replacement. All I can say is if you go with medic grow is if you have a 2 light grow is to buy 3 because it takes 2-3 weeks start to finish.
That way you can continue growing with out a hiccup. I know they say you shouldn't look directly at your lights but how else are you going to know if they are working properly? I should probably use sunglasses at least instead of looking at them with naked eyes..lol

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
I did order 3 and might be able to get by with 2. But I do have a literal shit ton of DE HPS lights that I can use for temporary replacement.

Anybody want to buy 18 Phantom 1000w DE HPS?

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
And on that note, DO NOT BUY Luxx 630w cmh fixtures. I bought 3 and within 2 years they were all toast.

I guess Monsanto is suing Luxx for 23 million after buying them out and finding out that Luxx was lying about everything. And Luxx was owned by Jungle Boys. So Jungle Boys can't be trusted. But then again, neither can monsanto.

D

Deleted member 2835

If you go with thinkgrow/trolmaster they will overnight you whatever part goes down after you contact them about your issues. They have amazing customer service. They require you to send them the part back on their dime. Since you have a 3 light grow order 4

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
If you go with thinkgrow/trolmaster they will overnight you whatever part goes down after you contact them about your issues. They have amazing customer service. They require you to send them the part back on their dime. Since you have a 3 light grow order 4
The medic grow EZ-8's are huge fixtures. The larger size is what I'm really looking for. Not many manufacturers make a 4'x4' fixture.

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
So I bought the lights from some outfit called Advanced Grow Lights. I have yet to get a receipt. They don't even have a phone # on their site. I sent a message through their "contact us" thing 2 hours ago. Still no response. If they don't get back to me by 5pm, I'm gonna cancel payment.

So many 🤡 in this business these days.

D

Deleted member 2835

So I bought the lights from some outfit called Advanced Grow Lights. I have yet to get a receipt. They don't even have a phone # on their site. I sent a message through their "contact us" thing 2 hours ago. Still no response. If they don't get back to me by 5pm, I'm gonna cancel payment.

So many 🤡 in this business these days.
Is there a reason why you didn't buy them directly from medicgrow?

D

Deleted member 2835

And on that note, DO NOT BUY Luxx 630w cmh fixtures. I bought 3 and within 2 years they were all toast.

I guess Monsanto is suing Luxx for 23 million after buying them out and finding out that Luxx was lying about everything. And Luxx was owned by Jungle Boys. So Jungle Boys can't be trusted. But then again, neither can monsanto.
Wonder which led company Jungle Boys will be using in the future? And yes Monsanto can lick my taint...dirty fuckers they are.