Macro Photography

Keyown1

Super Active Member
saw a bunch of macro shots on the web and thought damn that's cool. I want to do that. So a few weeks and a couple grand later, I got this nice setup and no earthly idea how to use it lol. I seriously need to stop making decisions stoned. Like I need another expensive hobby I don't have time to properly learn.

sandman83

Super Active Member
saw a bunch of macro shots on the web and thought damn that's cool. I want to do that. So a few weeks and a couple grand later, I got this nice setup and no earthly idea how to use it lol. I seriously need to stop making decisions stoned. Like I need another expensive hobby I don't have time to properly learn.
I can completely relate to that.......

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
@BigBallzWillie yeah once you get comfortable with macro and the environment in which the insects live your interest in it opens up a whole new way of thinking. You certainly don't look at flowers etc as just pretty anymore. Very rewarding doing macro but it's a lot harder than people think, very demanding.
Toke...
Where ya at @Toke ?

Hmmmm......some horny japanese beetles
trple.JPG

trpleb.JPG

tyke1973

Insanely Active Member
Disco biscuit,Super lemon haze,
Nikon d 7100 ,tamron macro lens 1/1 hand held diffuser light ring 1/500's f4.2 iso3200.Iso through the roof lights was off at the time of photos,i only ever photograph during lights of if there ready to come on or seconds after they have gone off.I really don't like going in any room during lights off ,but i have to check the trichomes and it seems to show the trichome color better during lights off DSC_0097 (3).JPGDSC_0098 (2).JPGDSC_0099 (3).JPGDSC_0100 (3).JPGDSC_0102 (2).JPGDSC_0103 (3).JPGDSC_0103 (4).JPGDSC_0107 (3).JPGDSC_0108 (2).JPG

Last edited:

tyke1973

Insanely Active Member
What camera you got

Keyown1

Super Active Member
What camera you got
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens
Canon EOS Rebel T7i
Canon MR-14EX II Macro Ring Lite

various extension rings and few more macro lenses. Barely know how to use any of it. I just haven't had the time to dedicate to learning. I literally have quite a bit of brand new equipment collecting dust in a bag. It's a bad habit of mine trying to do new things when I don't have the time for the things already on my plate. Beautiful pics by the way.

tyke1973

Insanely Active Member
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens
Canon EOS Rebel T7i
Canon MR-14EX II Macro Ring Lite

various extension rings and few more macro lenses. Barely know how to use any of it. I just haven't had the time to dedicate to learning. I literally have quite a bit of brand new equipment collecting dust in a bag. It's a bad habit of mine trying to do new things when I don't have the time for the things already on my plate. Beautiful pics by the way.
perfect, turn fans of use a tripod with remote