Loco Little's Grow

Loco Grown

This might be a good time to talk about my current pollen chucking project. The current project I'm calling Sour Grapefruit, which is the following cross:

Sour Sorbet x Grapefruit Chem

To be more specific, the Sour Sorbet is the mother. DNA Genetic is the breeder of Sour Sorbet, which is basically Sour Diesel x Sunset Sherbert.

The "Grapefruit Chem" is the father, thanks to Real Gorilla Seeds, and it's genetics are (GF x Chem) x Orange Pink Grapefruit.

The goal of this cross is a strong grapefruit flavor with both old school and modern genetics combined for a bit of extra punch with a sour twist. I popped several seeds earlier this year, and after sexing I selected one pheno based on terps and structure. This one pheno is quite sour and very grapefruit with great structure and strong stems. I currently have it in a tester tent at around 7-weeks flowering, and will post pics soon, but here's some pics of the parents:

Sour Sorbet:

image_558935.jpg

20200528_000302 (1).jpg

Grapefruit:

20200614_135425 (2).jpg

Sister Grapefruit of the Dad:

image_543223 (2).jpg

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This might be a good time to talk about my current pollen chucking project. The current project I'm calling Sour Grapefruit, which is the following cross:

Sour Sorbet x Grapefruit Chem

To be more specific, the Sour Sorbet is the mother. DNA Genetic is the breeder of Sour Sorbet, which is basically Sour Diesel x Sunset Sherbert.

The "Grapefruit Chem" is the father, thanks to Real Gorilla Seeds, and it's genetics are (GF x Chem) x Orange Pink Grapefruit.

The goal of this cross is a strong grapefruit flavor with both old school and modern genetics combined for a bit of extra punch with a sour twist. I popped several seeds earlier this year, and after sexing I selected one pheno based on terps and structure. This one pheno is quite sour and very grapefruit with great structure and strong stems. I currently have it in a tester tent at around 7-weeks flowering, and will post pics soon, but here's some pics of the parents:

Sour Sorbet:

View attachment 101531

View attachment 101532

Grapefruit:

View attachment 101533

Sister Grapefruit of the Dad:

View attachment 101535
I just grew out some Grapefruit and that bud structure is spot on with what I had. Only strain I have seen like that. Nice!

Loco Grown

Oi SHIET are the colas on the sister grapefruit some chunky dumplings! Killer looking project Loco Grown (y)
I just grew out some Grapefruit and that bud structure is spot on with what I had. Only strain I have seen like that. Nice!
Thanks guys. The first seeds that I ever grew decades ago were given to me from a buddy, no idea on the genetics, but one of the phenos that came from them was this amazing grapefruit strain, which I've been trying to find for a long time. After testing a few grapefruit strains from various breeders in the past and being a bit disappointed, I decided to try to create something similar myself. The selection I've made definitely has the nose, so hopefully it will have the smoke too. I've also recently reversed this selection, and planning to cross it to my Slurricane cut in an attempt to bring out extra frost, and reduce nute requirements (my Sour Grapefruit selection is a nute whore). Anyway, here's a couple of quick shots of the Sour Grapefruit at around 7-weeks of 12/12 in my tester tent. Also I should say that this plant was quite beat up going into flower, as it was hit hard by mites in veg just before flip, so I've been quite pleased to see some healthy buds developing, and oh man the smell is off the hook.

IMG_20211114_110015625.jpg

IMG_20211114_110030612.jpg

Yes sir, that's right. But to be more accurate, I will usually go to 2.7 - 1.8 - 0.9 which puts me in what seems to be a more ideal EC range. I go for low EC.

In terms of the Kelp, I use Bloom City "CleanKelp". I've a lot of different kelp over the years, and this one is the holy grail, IMO. I've found that many kelp products tend to settle out of solution, and you find kelp at the bottom of your res, even with recirc-pumps. Not with Clean Kelp. It's fresh and green, not brown like most kelp products. I love the stuff. I use it at 5 ml/gal, so 25 ml for a 5-gal res, but I tend to mix 10-gal at a time.

For Fulvic, I use "Mr Fulvic" @ 1ml/gal:

I'm not necessarily convinced that it's the best option, but it's been solid, so why fix what isn't broken? It's dark brown, because it also has carbon in it, but it's rich in fulvic acid:

View attachment 101271
Just brewed up a 5 gal bucket of nutes based on your low ec recipe:
13.5 Jack's, 9 cal, 4.5 epsom, 1.5 silica, 25ml CleanKelp, 5ml Mr. Fulvic, 5ml GGF.
This ended being right at under 700ppm and I think is going to work very well im my dwc buckets.
Thanks again for sharing your recipe (y)