Little about myself

This is my first post on any forum. I’m fairly new to hobby going on 2nd year. Started with Fastbuds and fox farm soil. I thought it was hilarious when Heisenbean said that in floraflex video. That man knows his shit. After that run I found Reddit an that’s where it got fun for me found RocBud and to me he is badass at what he does then Mephisto and Nightowl shortly after. So only really had experience with autos. Tried organic and I must tell you my experience maybe I did it wrong but I don’t ever wanna see another bug. I have dealt with so many thrips it’s ridiculous. So I wanted to try RDWC and photos. Currently on 2nd run I love it so far the good times and the stressful times. It’s a afterwork hobby that I have really used as a crutch to deal with the day to day bs. It gives me time to take break from work and wife&kiddos not in a bad way but like someone who grills but a lot. Anyways seen heisenbeans video on rdwc after I bought a 13gallon 4 site diy from pa hydroponics another guy who is bad ass at what he does. Still alot more but that’s a start. So please don’t get spooked just regular guy from Deep South who grows but can’t show too much.

F series

Insanely Active Member
Just a little tip for any soil growers.

When I buy soil, I mix my coco coir, perlite, worm castings and dry amendments with mosquito bits, and a light spinosads + pymethrins water solution, I hydrate the mixed soil with the solution then "seal" it in a storage tote. For at least a week.

NEVER have bugs, and when it's time for the soil I'll always have a mixed batch ready and sexy😊

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
This is my first post on any forum. I’m fairly new to hobby going on 2nd year. Started with Fastbuds and fox farm soil. I thought it was hilarious when Heisenbean said that in floraflex video. That man knows his shit. After that run I found Reddit an that’s where it got fun for me found RocBud and to me he is badass at what he does then Mephisto and Nightowl shortly after. So only really had experience with autos. Tried organic and I must tell you my experience maybe I did it wrong but I don’t ever wanna see another bug. I have dealt with so many thrips it’s ridiculous. So I wanted to try RDWC and photos. Currently on 2nd run I love it so far the good times and the stressful times. It’s a afterwork hobby that I have really used as a crutch to deal with the day to day bs. It gives me time to take break from work and wife&kiddos not in a bad way but like someone who grills but a lot. Anyways seen heisenbeans video on rdwc after I bought a 13gallon 4 site diy from pa hydroponics another guy who is bad ass at what he does. Still alot more but that’s a start. So please don’t get spooked just regular guy from Deep South who grows but can’t show too much.
i know the feeling barney makes me nervious

VAHomegrown

Welcome! There isn't a better forum to be a member of. Everyone is positive and willing to go out of their way to help. Much different than the other forums I'm on (the other forum are very brand/product biased and great lines don't get any attention; if you don't have the light of the week your grow will fail etc)

I add Diatomaceous earth to the top of my soil and seems to help keep the critters down. PI Contact (Pymethrin) spray once a week around my AC unit intake, tent intake lines and tent doors. It cuts down on the moths and aphids that somehow manage to get in (they are fine, then all the sudden the contact spray works and they fall dead to the floor within 6" of the wall) I dont use any Pymetrin directly or around the plants.

Last edited:
Howdy from the great white north🇨🇦
Welcome! There isn't a better forum to be a member of. Everyone is positive and willing to go out of their way to help. Much different than the other forums I'm on (the other forum are very brand/product biased and great lines don't get any attention; if you don't have the light of the week your grow will fail etc)

I add Diatomaceous earth to the top of my soil and seems to help keep the critters down. PI Contact (Pymethrin) spray once a week around my AC unit intake, tent intake lines and tent doors. It cuts down on the moths and aphids that somehow manage to get in (they are fine, then all the sudden the contact spray works and they fall dead to the floor within 6" of the wall) I dont use any Pymetrin directly or around the plants.
Most definitely there is a good crowd here and just by reading comments I can tell everyone is very helpful. Which is bad ass because of where I am currently I don’t really tell anyone about my hobby. Which sucks cause my hobby is bad ass to me the good and bad parts. I love it all at the end of the day. All advice is appreciated