Lighting for indoor garden

ZiggetyZagg

We just brought our houseplants in for the season, and I need to supplement their sunshine. I'm looking for recommendations on lighting solutions. They're in a storefront window, so I don't want a bunch of chaos. I have recessed can lights in the ceiling, and I'm wondering if there's a bulb that will put out enough light to make a difference from that distance. If not, I like the concept of a clip on wand or standing light strip. Does anyone have something they use that's economical and makes a difference? TIA

D

Deleted member 60

Google/Amazon/etc. are full of LED's on stands/with multiple "octopus" type arms/etc...... but I have no clue if any of them truly offer enough light. Maybe a few of them together would work.(?) Some of them are very stylish though....so you'd at least have "cute" covered (for the wife).

Can't think of any lamp.bulb powerful enough to make a difference all the way at ceiling levels unless you are stringing up a room of HID's.

good luck

ZiggetyZagg

Thanks. As I AM the wife, I saw those octopus lights and liked them. Lol. But, I assumed they'd be crap. But yes, they are cute. It's too bad you can't throw a daylight cfl in those cans and get anywhere. Oh well.

D

Deleted member 60

LOL....I have one of those as well.

So I know full well that you don't need us to give you info...LOL..... you already know what yer gonna do....