Light proofing a window unit ac

Jewels

Bon~Fire
If not used during lights off : beer flat,,,fabric.

Much tricksy'r if you want to run it stealth. (Sunny outside : lights off : ac running = tricky)

Tricky because there is mass exchanges happening on both sides.
Essentially you are building a light baffle/ labyrinth. Could be outside or inside.
Large enough to not restrict air, yet enough double backs, to trap light.
A plenum or a lung.
In that scenario I cannot imagine anything "compact"

Another alternative, is to mount the AC in a different location, and pipe the cold air in.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Well looking like i can build a big ass baffle, keep lights on in the daytime, or take it completely apart and foil tape it all from the inside, hmmm i shall burn down and ponder, thanks for the input mr jewels

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
If it's one of the units you can see light coming through the vents, I got nothing. But if it's just sealing up around it, you could probably cut a square hole in a piece of foamboard insulation the size of the unit and shove it over the top and tape it up.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
On second thought, if it comes through the vents, you might be able to make a box that sits right over top of it and completely block the window. Then cut a hole for some duct and a booster fan or something.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Yea its coming through the white foam board right through the vents, was gonna flip my lights on to 8pm to 8 am to just use my lights for heat at night vs the space heater, looks like ill just run em on during the day and redo the ac in spring, its sealed up good in there now, be a mission to take it out lol

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
I gotta get baked and stop thinking about it my inner mac guyver will pop up with something at random 😂😂😂 that and a thru door vent with a filter are my last 2 things to get done before i can fire up the room 😁😁😁 gonna get the latter here shortly at blowes, 2 layers of ac prefilter may be what i need to block the light from outside 💡💡💡

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I gotta get baked and stop thinking about it my inner mac guyver will pop up with something at random 😂😂😂 that and a thru door vent with a filter are my last 2 things to get done before i can fire up the room 😁😁😁 gonna get the latter here shortly at blowes, 2 layers of ac prefilter may be what i need to block the light from outside 💡💡💡
Home Depot sells “create your own” filter kits with carbon mesh. I’ve used those and 3M Velcro to keep light out of the air vents on tents. Not sure if it will be applicable for your use because I’m having a hard time imagining your problem, but worth a look!