Light Mounting Suggestions Needed

Nugz

This is what I ended up with. I need a mount, bar stock, sheet pans, (what size)?
I actually have 14 of these COB's but think I only need 4 or 6 in a 18" x 36" x 43" tent.

Mean Well HLG-320H-24A 320W Single Output Switching LED Power Supply
Citizen CLU038-1210 cob led 3500k 90cri 98 watts max 2300ma max

Thank you

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
This is what I ended up with. I need a mount, bar stock, sheet pans, (what size)?
I actually have 14 of these COB's but think I only need 4 or 6 in a 18" x 36" x 43" tent.

Mean Well HLG-320H-24A 320W Single Output Switching LED Power Supply
Citizen CLU038-1210 cob led 3500k 90cri 98 watts max 2300ma max

Thank you
Sorry I can't help this all looks like foreign language to me . I'm sure someone on here will help though best of luck

Nugz

Ok, so stupid me bought a 24v driver for 36v chips. Is there anyway this can work or do I need a different driver? Recommendation on the driver so I can get this right?
Thank you

Nugz

Wish I would have found this first, lol

Big Perm

Budtender
Ok, so stupid me bought a 24v driver for 36v chips. Is there anyway this can work or do I need a different driver? Recommendation on the driver so I can get this right?
Thank you
You can get a 12v driver (HLG-320H-12A), wire it in series for the 36v you need to save some money, or get a different driver and be done.
You couldn't run them both at max, so probably get a whole new driver. Sorry for the long answer, lol.
Edit: You could get by with adding an HLG-80H-12 ($37-ish) in series and be ok. Would set you at 400w max.

Last edited:

Big Perm

Budtender
I found a HLG-40H-12 for $31. It will give you 360w max in series at 36v.
Edit: That wouldn't work either as it would exceed the 40H by 10 amps.
Sorry man, I tried. Maybe send the driver back for the HLG-320H-36A? 36B if you want remote dimming.
BTW, I'd probably go with series wiring for those cobs, not parallel.

Last edited:

Nugz

Sorry man, I tried. Maybe send the driver back for the HLG-320H-36A? 36B if you want remote dimming.
Thank you, that is what I am going to do. I appreciate your input.

Nugz

Have you ever seen or used something like one of these? If I am reading correctly either one will allow the 24v driver to power the 36v COB's? Opinion?

Big Perm

Budtender
Have you ever seen or used something like one of these? If I am reading correctly either one will allow the 24v driver to power the 36v COB's? Opinion?

Those will work on paper, sort of. The thing with wiring drivers in series is that the voltage does go up. However the current from the bigger driver will smoke one of those little drivers. That's why the drivers I was bringing up wouldn't work, you would be running too much current through the smaller driver.
The cheapest option I can find is to get the HLG-320H-12 and wire it in series with the driver you have now. With this combo, the drivers are safe...but your cobs are not. If you turn both of those drivers all the way up, they will hit around 640W, and smoke your cobs.
But, in the future, you can use these same drivers and put in more cobs.
You're options are do that, or get the HLG-320H-36. If you are going to get a whole new driver, I'd go with something like an HLG-320H-C2100 driver that lets you wire those cobs in series.