Light Emitting Plasma (LEP)

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨

Vee

Ancient Member
its true I trashed my Gravitas 2 years ago due to the 'poor' returns excess heat and the worst ....
continual updates from the Gravita it was like Windows 95 all over again..
as you must replace the thin shield minimum every year.. I was switching them out every 6-8 months

in truth the light is great for vegging being 6500k-ish! but I missed really missed

the crucial 2700k you need for bud development

I returned to HID awaiting improvements to LED or better

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
its true I trashed my Gravitas 2 years ago due to the 'poor' returns excess heat and the worst ....
continual updates from the Gravita it was like Windows 95 all over again..
as you must replace the thin shield minimum every year.. I was switching them out every 6-8 months

in truth the light is great for vegging being 6500k-ish! but I missed really missed

the crucial 2700k you need for bud development

I returned to HID awaiting improvements to LED or better
Thanks man for your insight. I like all the lighting developments and haven't found much practical info on these.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Not sure if this is considered HID but anyway. Does anyone have any insight on plasma grow lights? I've read very little about them but have seen some interesting things. They're super expensive, and come in regular and supplemental. I might have found a deal on one like this
What can this light do, and is it any good?
Thanks (y)
I've used a Plasma light. It was nice for vegging large mothers. It was around 6500K and got good light penetration but to expensive for what it did and how long it lasted.
14-15seasonstart4.jpg

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I'll be interested in hearing what you eventually do. I'm just waiting for LED tech to get to the price point and effectiveness I need. Until then my HIDs work well for me.
You can build an excellent LED light for way under a buck/watt. Been building them for over 4 years now, I am still using the 1st lights I built. I just keep adding on to them. I will never go back to HID. Nothing against HID, I used them for years and years. Leds are changing the future of Cannabis cultivation for the better.
Plasma? Nah, think I'll stick to my Veros and CREE's. Let somebody else play with those. lol

curious2garden

Really Active Member
You can build an excellent LED light for way under a buck/watt. Been building them for over 4 years now, I am still using the 1st lights I built. I just keep adding on to them. I will never go back to HID. Nothing against HID, I used them for years and years. Leds are changing the future of Cannabis cultivation for the better.
Plasma? Nah, think I'll stick to my Veros and CREE's. Let somebody else play with those. lol
I'm pretty conservative. A friend invested in plasma. But I'm the grower and he's the chemist. He was being kind. I'm waiting for LED to out perform my HID at the same or lesser price point. If you can guide me on how to build a system please PM me ;D
Thanks

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I'm pretty conservative. A friend invested in plasma. But I'm the grower and he's the chemist. He was being kind. I'm waiting for LED to out perform my HID at the same or lesser price point. If you can guide me on how to build a system please PM me ;D
Thanks
Can I suggest you take a stroll over to growmau5's channel on Youtube, he has a set of instructional videos that teaches you about everything you need to know to build your own "high performance" light. Teaches you about the components and the drivers to use and a bunch more great info for the DIY'er. He has a design called Chilled Logic Puck. Rapidled has them.
If I was to purchase a DIY light kit, this would be one of my top pics. Another one is Greengenes (Pacific Light Concepts). He has a few styles and also sells the "Photo Boost" strips.

1570945467433.png