Lady Bigs

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I brought some in one year and they were all crispy on the floor in a week. If you have a clean grow area they will probably bite the dust and make you clean your fans out.

I tried again now that I have living soil with worms and a cover crop and I think they love it. Seen some breeding pairs hooked up and such. I do have some beneficial bugs they can feast on if they want but they seem pretty lazy. I think it's more the environment like 👆 he said.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I brought some in one year and they were all crispy on the floor in a week. If you have a clean grow area they will probably bite the dust and make you clean your fans out.

I tried again now that I have living soil with worms and a cover crop and I think they love it. Seen some breeding pairs hooked up and such. I do have some beneficial bugs they can feast on if they want but they seem pretty lazy. I think it's more the environment like 👆 he said.
She can stay as long as she wants. They don’t bark, do they?

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Not necessarily. they are also attracted to a nice enviroment. You must have a warm, well lit area with good humidity in your house. check the underside of your leaves and see if you having anything crawling around.
I checked under the leaves, with my readers on and a magnifying glass. All clean.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK, fair enough. How ‘bout this one: When does “week one of veg” start?
The easiest thing to keep track of is when you get seeds wet. That starts the process and is the same every time. After that it can take different times to break soil so counting that can be a mess.

If you are looking at feeding schedules you generally don't want to feed anything for the first week or two- so those things can screw yo up.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The easiest thing to keep track of is when you get seeds wet. That starts the process and is the same every time. After that it can take different times to break soil so counting that can be a mess.

If you are looking at feeding schedules you generally don't want to feed anything for the first week or two- so those things can screw yo up.
The issue I have with this method is that, if you or the environment is off, and it causes the plants to slow down growth early on in the seedling stage, then you could flip them before they are really ready to be flipped. It would probably only be a week or two early but it could make a big difference. A perfect example is if you compare @Zaphod420s contest plants with mine. His are already flipped but mine definitely aren’t ready to be flipped yet.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
These two are GG4 from ILGM. The seeds got wet on 11/22, five weeks ago. I’ve trimmed a couple of the lower leaves that were touching the ground. It looks to me like some of the upper fan leaves are blocking the light to the lower growth. Should I trim some of those out of the way?

The uTune experts seem to be all over the place on this issue.

I’m going to try my hand at some LST today.
59F61F2D-879E-4388-A5AB-B9981E2BF4BD.jpegDEEB0B67-AE84-4562-8845-72204C8C070C.jpegE1BF4134-230D-44B2-A802-568D6F22697C.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The issue I have with this method is that, if you or the environment is off, and it causes the plants to slow down growth early on in the seedling stage, then you could flip them before they are really ready to be flipped. It would probably only be a week or two early but it could make a big difference. A perfect example is if you compare @Zaphod420s contest plants with mine. His are already flipped but mine definitely aren’t ready to be flipped yet.
So far nearly everything I have germinated is breaking soil on or about day 3 in the dirt. If they don't by then I excavate a little to see why. By day 5 if they haven't popped they're pretty much done. There's not going to be that much difference in your grow once it's dialed it even though it might be very different from my grow or his grow.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These two are GG4 from ILGM. The seeds got wet on 11/22, five weeks ago. I’ve trimmed a couple of the lower leaves that were touching the ground. It looks to me like some of the upper fan leaves are blocking the light to the lower growth. Should I trim some of those out of the way?
At this stage the only thing I would take off the top is the top if that's the route you're going. Any pruning for me would be lower stuff that isn't getting light. Once you flip and start seeing flowers I worry more about them not being shaded.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

The uTune experts seem to be all over the place on this issue.

I’m going to try my hand at some LST today.
View attachment 103911View attachment 103912View attachment 103913
Everyone is all over the place on pruning/defoliation because there haven’t really been any studies on how well it works for cannabis. I also think the dude who wrote a book about the practice and coined the name “shwazzing” caused people like me to discount it as bro science because he’s a fucking tool who has a snake oil salesman vibe. I’m starting to believe that there has to be a happy medium and pruning the right amount, at the right times, does help. But, when the plant is in vegetative growth, I’m pretty sure everyone agrees that you should only remove leaves if they are restricting air from flowing through the plant or if they are touching the pot or soil.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Everyone is all over the place on pruning/defoliation because there haven’t really been any studies on how well it works for cannabis. I also think the dude who wrote a book about the practice and coined the name “shwazzing” caused people like me to discount it as bro science because he’s a fucking tool who has a snake oil salesman vibe. I’m starting to believe that there has to be a happy medium and pruning the right amount, at the right times, does help. But, when the plant is in vegetative growth, I’m pretty sure everyone agrees that you should only remove leaves if they are restricting air from flowing through the plant or if they are touching the pot or soil.
I'll look for it, but I read something about defoliating more than 25% of the biomass causing slowed growth.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I've done both and damn if I couldn't really tell much of a difference. So I quit doing it because why do all that work if there's no noticeable gain?
When I tried it, I noticed. They stop growing up. They just regrew thier leaves. And didn't do much till then. This may be a cultivar thing. Some it's good some it's not. Been seeing that a lot.