Kratky method

Will Uncle Rom have a successful harvest for his 1st kratky attempt?

• Hell Yeah

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Fuck No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Your roots look good as fuck bro, I like how they grow like straight down... Mine are always in a big spherical blob lol
Bro think this scheme would be worth doing?
kratky till late veg to train roots, then fill up the bucket and toss in some bubbles and blast it. Then you got more organized straight roots lol. Seems pointless but you’d have cool ass roots

So did u have a few seeds in there? Did u bust one open? Or was it just a fat swollen calyx?
Haven’t checked one yet lol. Not sure what I’m waiting for.. one sec

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
No, not in hydro. Just on my mom's in soil. But I might give it a try on one and see how it goes... When do u start? And how much you usually take off?
Once the roots start filling out nice. If I'm cutting roots on a baby I take half. If I have an out of control teenager I'll cut the roots to basically the bottom of the net pot. I add a rooting hormone, Rapidstart, to help speed up new root growth. That something new I do, they'll grow regardless. I'm overly rough with them. I have faith in the genetics not to herm out and my ladies not to let me down. To start out I'd just to the runners first and see how you feel about it maybe take a third and see how shell respond. Three days usually for new roots to pop.
9/9
IMG_20190909_024553.jpg
9/12
IMG_20190912_182046.jpg
9/19 a week later so at this point I should've chopped all the runners, basically all the long guys below the bulk.
IMG_20190919_163944.jpg
10/12 few days over a month had I cut those runners then the base of the net pot would have more side rooting coming out. Better uptake better stability.IMG_20191012_011441.jpg
Bro think this scheme would be worth doing?
kratky till late veg to train roots, then fill up the bucket and toss in some bubbles and blast it. Then you got more organized straight roots lol. Seems pointless but you’d have cool ass roots
I'm wondering how kratky and root trimming will work. Time for an experiment. Ooo your seed is so green 😍

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Once the roots start filling out nice. If I'm cutting roots on a baby I take half. If I have an out of control teenager I'll cut the roots to basically the bottom of the net pot. I add a rooting hormone, Rapidstart, to help speed up new root growth. That something new I do, they'll grow regardless. I'm overly rough with them. I have faith I the genetics not to herm out. To start out I'd just to the runners first and see how you feel about it maybe take a third and see how shell respond. Three days usually for new roots to pop.
9/9
View attachment 41901
9/12
View attachment 41900
9/19 a week later so at this point I should've chopped all the runners, basically all the long guys below the bulk.
View attachment 41904
10/12 few days over a month had I cut those runners then the base of the net pot would have more side rooting coming out. Better uptake better stability.View attachment 41903

I'm wondering how kratky and root trimming will work. Time for an experiment. Ooo your seed is so green 😍
Nice plant brother!
I feel like it would be crazy to start trimming roots mid/late flower but I’ll try earlier on in the future.
Is it good that the seed is green? I m under the impression that it mean it’s not ready yet.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
View attachment 41025
View attachment 41026

Wtf
View attachment 41027
I’m 99 percent certain this crazy basterd wasn’t pollenated.. can’t see signs of herm sacs on this or any other plant.. 🤔
View attachment 41028
Ive got those on my wed dub cut. Mine were empty. Its been a fight to,get her to flower but this is the last I have of thw lost f and d run. I will give it another go.

My roots were exposed to light in my f and d setup. Does this cause issues in any hydro setup?

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Again in true kratky form.. my ph pen is dead. I’ve been just splashing shit together and relying heavy on the pen. So I don t know the measurements. I looked and can’t find my test strips.. bought batteries and they are wrong ones.. calibration fluid is deep in the depths of the shed.. it’s a no go as far as knowing what ph we are giving her boys n girls.. it’s all guess work from now on. 🤞🙏
E114D031-5DD0-4BB6-9418-C2D3802E189C.jpeg
1095C997-1021-4A97-AB42-B76470070263.jpeg
F9387B21-77C9-495E-A66F-207A282BCE6B.jpeg
she’s munching some lower fans but burning if I feed more. most likely ph related. Not to big of a deal yet. Feeding 900-1000ish Ppm @ ?ph. 👍 not far to go. We ain’t gotta end pretty but I think we can finish

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Well looks like we made it. By made it I mean that I see several nanners and she don’t want to live anymore lol. 7 and a half weeks (13 hours darkness and the use of cmh often saves me up to a week) I wanted one more week but she’ll smoke 👍. Smells lemon and marshmallow with a hint of too much fertilizer. Classic
3C43A292-9364-4BF5-A9D2-51190F833177.jpeg
19AAE9A1-4816-4F32-920D-3B1CDDE0DAF2.jpeg
58A1BCCB-CD48-47EA-91E1-D53F38572A2D.jpeg
C71119A0-953E-4794-AF2C-622A06858717.jpeg

Ok so the following went wrong:

-roots were getting constricted. Could have used a trim job late in veg like @yougrowyourway mentioned.

-ph pen died so we were struggling guessing near the end.

-I let it drink the bucket very low several times before res change. When I checked the ppm last time i did that it was at almost 2000 😬 locked her out near the end and she wasn’t drinking. So, don’t let it get very low/ add just ph d water once or twice between res changes instead of always topping up with fertilizer.

-nanners. All the stress of f@cking around.. my bad. Too much else goin on in my room to risk pickin em off.

If I look out for those things and do shorter veg, I don’t see a problem with doin some more kratky down the road 👍. Thanks to everyone following. I enjoyed this debacle and how you folks did too

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Well looks like we made it. By made it I mean that I see several nanners and she don’t want to live anymore lol. 7 and a half weeks (13 hours darkness and the use of cmh often saves me up to a week) I wanted one more week but she’ll smoke 👍. Smells lemon and marshmallow with a hint of too much fertilizer. Classic
View attachment 45105
View attachment 45107
View attachment 45108
View attachment 45109

-roots were getting constricted. Could have used a trim job late in veg like @yougrowyourway mentioned.

-I let it drink the bucket very low several times before res change. When I checked the ppm last time i did that it was at almost 2000 😬 locked her out near the end and she wasn’t drinking. So, don’t let it get very low/ add just ph d water once or twice between res changes instead of always topping up with fertilizer.

-nanners. All the stress of f@cking around.. my bad. Too much else goin on in my room to risk pickin em off.

If I look out for those things and do shorter veg, I don’t see a problem with doin some more kratky down the road 👍. Thanks to everyone following. I enjoyed this debacle and how you folks did too
Wow, and it didnt even turn into a sewer haha. Nice job with it and it was fun watching this -thanks for trying it and documenting for all to see. 👏👏

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
View attachment 45105
View attachment 45107
View attachment 45108
View attachment 45109

Damn I'm sorry I missed catching out on the top offs. I would have warned you of that. I learned that my first run lol. Weekly res changes top offs with water then re balance the bucket.
Phenomenal job nonetheless super impressed you did this without an airstone. So how much of that root mass was submerged? This is going to be proof of the kratky for future generations 20-30 years from now lol.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Wow, and it didnt even turn into a sewer haha. Nice job with it and it was fun watching this -thanks for trying it and documenting for all to see. 👏👏
Thanks Red!
Don’t worry it will be fairly harsh raunchy smoke I’m thinkin so it’s still a little sewerish. Wouldn’t be right if it wasn’t. Glad things managed to go to shit right at the end for dramatic effect

Damn I'm sorry I missed catching out on the top offs. I would have warned you of that. I learned that my first run lol. Weekly res changes top offs with water then re balance the bucket.
Phenomenal job nonetheless super impressed you did this without an airstone. So how much of that root mass was submerged? This is going to be proof of the kratky for future generations 20-30 years from now lol.
Thanks brother.
I kept the water level just random. I found best result with a little over a third of roots under water.. not quite half. I’d usually fill it just past half and let it get down to just under a third then back up. She seemed pretty cool with that. If I overfilled it slowed shit down. If I ran her too dry she would burn.
I’m glad I was able to contribute something useful for the odd 3rd world /crazed bastard like me.
I swear by professor Kratky.. It can be done! I used approx 30 cents worth of fertilizer from my $20 (Can) bag of maxibloom. A 125 watt led fixture was above it. Bucket was 3 bucks (x2) so $6 bucks.. 😬 don’t tell Aunt Rom.. I might’ve went over budget.