Kelp4less

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
I saw Lars Ulrich in the Safeway in Truckee one day. My Ex and I were walking through and I'm like Holy shit that's Lars. She didn't believe it so I made it a mission to prove her wrong, lol.

Got behind him and his 2 ladies that were with him speaking German for the most part. I just kept my cool, but the bagger couldn't help himself, lol.

I think most of those guys just want to be treated like a normal person.

I met Gary Valentine once when we were walking through Keystone Village and saw them making a movie. I yelled "Danny!", and he came over and was super cool and talked to my son and I for a few minutes until the director yelled for him to come back. I didn't actually know his real name, or that he is the older brother to Kevin James then.
They were probably speaking Danish, My fam jam is from a town called Hou on the east coast. It’s great there, if you’re broke you can go down to the beach and collect ore(amber) and sell it. When I came back to Canada I had more money than I left with.

They were probably speaking Danish, My fam jam is from a town called Hou on the east coast. It’s great there, if you’re broke you can go down to the beach and collect ore(amber) and sell it. When I came back to Canada I had more money than I left with.
It probably was. That makes a lot of sense. Because it did sound a little more Scandinavian that straight German. One of my best friends growing up was Norwegian, and him and his family would speak it all the time at home. It was kinda similar, but kinda more German sounding if I remember it right. What you're saying totally makes sense.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I saw them a few times. Craziest concert of my life was after Facelift came out. When Man in the Box came on it was crazy. He was kneeling the whole time with his sunglasses on.

My Ex and I were close to the front and the crowd got crazy with the pushing. She freaked out as we were getting separated and had the crowd help her get out by lifting her on top the crowd.

My new Jordan just fell off at the same time, so I reach down to get it and the crowd almost smothered me, until I just busted my way back up. I pushed my way through to meet up with her after that shit.

And we went to concerts all the time. This was just the most dangerous. Still have the ticket upstairs.

Funny story time…
The first time I heard of Alice In Chains was when I went to an Extreme concert in Boston in 1989 or 1990 and Alice In Chains was opening for them. They came out on stage, started playing “Man in the Box”, and all of a sudden everyone started booing and yelling “you suck!”. Then someone climbed up the balcony, stuck a middle finger in front of the spotlight shining in the stage, and they walked off stage before finishing the song. About 6 months later I heard the song on the radio and I fell in love with their music and couldn’t believe they got boo’d off stage like that. I think it was just because it was an Extreme concert and they were a local band who had made it big at the time and the crowd wanted them to get on stage.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ain’t no business like show business. Star fucking is what they call it when you start talking like a fan to them. Its frowned upon, and it’s sorta creepy to corner a guy back stage and start telling him you’re his biggest fan.
I work in the homes of very wealthy and famous people pretty often and most of them hate when you talk to them like they are special. A long time ago I worked in the home of Brendon Morrow (from the Dallas Stars) and the other workers were fawning over him like schoolgirls. He came up to me one day and said “I take it you aren’t a big hockey fan. You don’t know how refreshing it is to have someone here who I can talk to about something other than hockey.” I’ve had a few clients that expect you to treat them like royalty but most of them just want to be talked to like regular people.

Sativa Kid

Anybody on here have any experience sourcing organic amendments/inputs from Kelp4less? A lot of the local stores to me have inventory issues right now, and there aren’t a lot of organic options to begin with, outside of the big name brands. I did notice some of their prices are higher than other places, but they offer free shipping, which can definitely save some money when shipping 50lbs or so worth of product. I also like that they have a wide variety of inputs available, will probably buy everything I need for my nutrient and compost teas from there, minus the compost and EWC. TIA for your feedback!
Gaja Green Boom!

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
I work in the homes of very wealthy and famous people pretty often and most of them hate when you talk to them like they are special. A long time ago I worked in the home of Brendon Morrow (from the Dallas Stars) and the other workers were fawning over him like schoolgirls. He came up to me one day and said “I take it you aren’t a big hockey fan. You don’t know how refreshing it is to have someone here who I can talk to about something other than hockey.” I’ve had a few clients that expect you to treat them like royalty but most of them just want to be talked to like regular people.
This is it right here, just treat them like normal people and you just might make a memorable impression, they remember that better than being swooned, since it’s out of the norm. I’m from Canada bro, Brendan Morrow was a household name for at least a decade. He was a good player, unfortunately that grinder style of forecheck is leaving the game in favour of a speedy attack, but when the refs put away the whistle in the later playoff rounds it sure works still, only problem is getting there with these types, they usually aren’t the fleetest of foot, which makes their line easy pickens +/- wise.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Funny story time…
The first time I heard of Alice In Chains was when I went to an Extreme concert in Boston in 1989 or 1990 and Alice In Chains was opening for them. They came out on stage, started playing “Man in the Box”, and all of a sudden everyone started booing and yelling “you suck!”. Then someone climbed up the balcony, stuck a middle finger in front of the spotlight shining in the stage, and they walked off stage before finishing the song. About 6 months later I heard the song on the radio and I fell in love with their music and couldn’t believe they got boo’d off stage like that. I think it was just because it was an Extreme concert and they were a local band who had made it big at the time and the crowd wanted them to get on stage.
When I was kid and learning guitar I loved Nuno, but I could never get into Extreme, they were too wimpy for me, even as a kid I knew I liked Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth and Suicidal Tendencies a lot better than that glam shit. I didn’t even know it was all called thrash metal, I just knew it made me bang my head all day long and I couldn’t wait to start a band and play like that. Turns out there isn’t much money in that game, even the huge bands are king shit of turd island income wise, aside of Metallica of course, they’re an outlier to that outlook. You see these smaller bands come and go from town over the years and they age much much more than your friends or people you see monthly. Road life is rough and they pay for it, the band, stage hands, tour mangers, roadies, bus sluts, everyone. Even comedians pay a huge toll, if they don’t have a routine and stick to it, the days become nights and night become days and it all spirals out of control. Normal consistent sleeping patterns are huge in life and watching some of them is all the proof I need.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
When I was kid and learning guitar I loved Nuno, but I could never get into Extreme, they were too wimpy for me, even as a kid I knew I liked Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth and Suicidal Tendencies a lot better than that glam shit. I didn’t even know it was all called thrash metal, I just knew it made me bang my head all day long and I couldn’t wait to start a band and play like that. Turns out there isn’t much money in that game, even the huge bands are king shit of turd island income wise, aside of Metallica of course, they’re an outlier to that outlook. You see these smaller bands come and go from town over the years and they age much much more than your friends or people you see monthly. Road life is rough and they pay for it, the band, stage hands, tour mangers, roadies, bus sluts, everyone. Even comedians pay a huge toll, if they don’t have a routine and stick to it, the days become nights and night become days and it all spirals out of control. Normal consistent sleeping patterns are huge in life and watching some of them is all the proof I need.
My sister and her husband are actually close friends with Nuno. She dated him in HS, and my brother in law drummed for him, but not in Extreme. Last time I saw Nuno in person was when I was a kid, though, when he came over to the house while my parents were out. They came home early and my dad threw him through the screen door & down the front steps and, I shit you not, he said "Nuno...that's a No-No!" because he wasn't supposed to be over when they weren't home. That was at least 35 years ago and we still laugh about it to this day :ROFLMAO:

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
My sister and her husband are actually close friends with Nuno. She dated him in HS, and my brother in law drummed for him, but not in Extreme. Last time I saw Nuno in person was when I was a kid, though, when he came over to the house while my parents were out. They came home early and my dad threw him through the screen door & down the front steps and, I shit you not, he said "Nuno...that's a No-No!" because he wasn't supposed to be over when they weren't home. That was at least 35 years ago and we still laugh about it to this day :ROFLMAO:
Ahahaha that’s an awesome story, I definitely don’t have any that good. Hahahha