Kelp4less

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Anybody on here have any experience sourcing organic amendments/inputs from Kelp4less? A lot of the local stores to me have inventory issues right now, and there aren’t a lot of organic options to begin with, outside of the big name brands. I did notice some of their prices are higher than other places, but they offer free shipping, which can definitely save some money when shipping 50lbs or so worth of product. I also like that they have a wide variety of inputs available, will probably buy everything I need for my nutrient and compost teas from there, minus the compost and EWC. TIA for your feedback!

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Kelp4Less and KIS will both do you fine
I have ordered from KIS before, ive always been happy with the product, they just murder me on shipping. A $15 bag of oly mountain compost costs $43 to get it shipped to me from KIS lol. I don’t think they sell guanos though, do they? That’s how I discovered Kelp4less, I was searching for a good 0-7-0 guano, and then realized I can buy all the ingredients I need for my teas from them, minus the compost and EWC. Which they do offer, i just source my EWC locally and I already bought some Oly Mountain from BAS. It costed more per bag from BAS but was cheaper when accounted for shipping.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I only buy the free shipped shit from KIS. LOL. Start tagging on that kinda shipping and I might as well just go to town and make do with the components I can source locally. I do hear ya though. Some shipping costs make ya wonder if it's really shipping costs or just gouging ya for more $$$ for the product that's hidden in the shipping/"handling"/etc.
It would be nice to be able to buy more from KIS. I believe they are based out of WAand I grew up there. I always like finding products coming from back home. Was actually a factor in me choosing to go with Oly Mountain instead of Malibu’s Bu Brew lol.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I only buy the free shipped shit from KIS. LOL. Start tagging on that kinda shipping and I might as well just go to town and make do with the components I can source locally. I do hear ya though. Some shipping costs make ya wonder if it's really shipping costs or just gouging ya for more $$$ for the product that's hidden in the shipping/"handling"/etc.
They are definitely hiding the price of the product in the shipping. The amount some of these online stores charge for shipping is absurd.

Deez. Nutz

If you get on the kelp4less mailing list, they often have these 2 for Tuesday 24 hour flash sales. Some of their stuff is not cheap though, but when buying twofers you can save a few bucks.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
If you get on the kelp4less mailing list, they often have these 2 for Tuesday 24 hour flash sales. Some of their stuff is not cheap though, but when buying twofers you can save a few bucks.
I get most all my extra stuff From kelp4less always free shipping and discount code comes for next order. Quick shipping also.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
I honestly can’t say enough good things about kelp4Less, I love being able to tailor my programs to a T with the products they offer. They aren’t cheap though, but I don’t mind paying a little extra for the versatility of mixing my own. Since I discovered how to make my own rooting gels/powders/tonics with hormones from eBay and other suppliers, I’m in heaven. It’s as easy as pie and to my pleasant surprise, it works as well if not better than whatever you can buy in shops. IAA, SA, GA3, Chitosan jasmonic acid are all available on eBay. They all kick ass at the right times. Especially the chitosan/IAA near the end of flower.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
I haven’t ordered anything from them for a while, I got myself a coffee grinder for powders, it works fantastic, just wear a mask and be careful when you open it. One summer I had my cousins buzz up maxi bloom 6hrs a day for 5 days a week lol, we had a tote of the stuff. To totally dissolve it, you need to buzz it up into a fine powder, then use near boiling water and dump them together at the same time into a separate vessel, then use a 1/4hp circulation pump to keep things mixing. That’s how we did it on a 2500/L rez. You don’t need to do this at home, just a few buckets and a tight lid. Dump them back and forth till dissolved.

Back to Kelp4Less lol.
There are a few things I haven’t tried.
the B-1 powders, The Awakening I think it’s called and the ph balancing powders. For home guys you can’t go wrong, for warehouses and other large types, your employees need to be taught a lot. Some already understand, some don’t, some can learn, some can’t, but all can be taught mix orders and ratios. I like the sites like that but with organics. I’d post a link, but it’s sorta shameful to do so with such bias.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
See this? This reminded me of a funny story. Years ago when Blue Rhino was the best thing since sliced bread. A guy that was working for me, asked how the potassium number could be so high and the fertilizer still worked? He was understanding what he was learning and we were very deep into it, like days and days on end nothing but him and me going through the flower phase, his brain was so focused on learning what I was teaching him he failed to see that it was the phone number so boldly printed on the 25kg bag and not the n-p-k, lol we laughed at that for days and days. Hahaha 😝.

Attachments

See this? This reminded me of a funny story. Years ago when Blue Rhino was the best thing since sliced bread. A guy that was working for me, asked how the potassium number could be so high and the fertilizer still worked? He was understanding what he was learning and we were very deep into it, like days and days on end nothing but him and me going through the flower phase, his brain was so focused on learning what I was teaching him he failed to see that it was the phone number so boldly printed on the 25kg bag and not the n-p-k, lol we laughed at that for days and days. Hahaha 😝.
You must be an Alice In Chains fan too.

I'm from Seattle.

I Love Hate Love them. Lol.
I saw them a few times. Craziest concert of my life was after Facelift came out. When Man in the Box came on it was crazy. He was kneeling the whole time with his sunglasses on.

My Ex and I were close to the front and the crowd got crazy with the pushing. She freaked out as we were getting separated and had the crowd help her get out by lifting her on top the crowd.

My new Jordan just fell off at the same time, so I reach down to get it and the crowd almost smothered me, until I just busted my way back up. I pushed my way through to meet up with her after that shit.

And we went to concerts all the time. This was just the most dangerous. Still have the ticket upstairs.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Yeah man, they were great. I feel ya on the crazy concert type thing. I’ve seen a ton of crazy shows n shit. I was involved in concert production in Calgary for a number of years, tons of crazy stories. At first it was sorta weird being that close to famous people and seeing that they are just normal people when they shut of the show persona, like off stage. My friend that hooked me up with the job is the one with the most crazy stories, man o man. I remember him telling me not to take the open peanuts bag from the rider because the tour has been around North America and I’d probably get sick. Sure n shit, I got sick as a dog, lesson learned. After that I passed up all the goodies from the dressing rooms.

Yeah man, they were great. I feel ya on the crazy concert type thing. I’ve seen a ton of crazy shows n shit. I was involved in concert production in Calgary for a number of years, tons of crazy stories. At first it was sorta weird being that close to famous people and seeing that they are just normal people when they shut of the show persona, like off stage. My friend that hooked me up with the job is the one with the most crazy stories, man o man. I remember him telling me not to take the open peanuts bag from the rider because the tour has been around North America and I’d probably get sick. Sure n shit, I got sick as a dog, lesson learned. After that I passed up all the goodies from the dressing rooms.
I saw Lars Ulrich in the Safeway in Truckee one day. My Ex and I were walking through and I'm like Holy shit that's Lars. She didn't believe it so I made it a mission to prove her wrong, lol.

Got behind him and his 2 ladies that were with him speaking German for the most part. I just kept my cool, but the bagger couldn't help himself, lol.

I think most of those guys just want to be treated like a normal person.

I met Gary Valentine once when we were walking through Keystone Village and saw them making a movie. I yelled "Danny!", and he came over and was super cool and talked to my son and I for a few minutes until the director yelled for him to come back. I didn't actually know his real name, or that he is the older brother to Kevin James then.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Ain’t no business like show business. Star fucking is what they call it when you start talking like a fan to them. Its frowned upon, and it’s sorta creepy to corner a guy back stage and start telling him you’re his biggest fan.