JUST PICTURES...

Thanks @Schwaggy P ! Means allot coming from you. Could you do a write up on your picture taking technique and what equipment you use? Just to give a general rundown.
Thank you. I'm by no means a photographer, I got ahold of a well reviewed camera and spent a few weeks fiddling with settings and setups until the photos came out the way I wanted.

I use a Canon DSLR EOS Rebel T6 with 18-55 ISII lens
camera.jpg
I use it for 3 types of shots:
  • Backdrop feature shots
  • Close up bud
  • In the garden/tent
The feature shots with a backdrop involve: a stand on which I clip the backdrop fabric, a light, and the camera on a stand for a steady shot. Here is a quick example shot with the setup using Chem '91skva:
camerasetup.jpg
So you can see the picture taken and the setup for that shot.

Close up bud shots are generally this same setup, but the camera is about 6inches from the bud. Here's a shot of Appalachian Super Skunk:
AppySSbudshot.jpg
These types of bud shots can then be cropped if you want a more close-up view. Here is an OGKB pic cropped:
OGKBday59.2.jpg

The in garden shots just involve me holding the camera to take pictures of the plants on the tables in the flower room or tents. This is Skunky Brewster in the flower room:
Skunkybrewster in the garden shot.jpg
My 2 main camera settings guidelines are:
  • If using flash: High Aperture, Low ISO, negative exposure
    • Example: F22, 800, -2
  • If not using flash: Low Aperture, Higher ISO, no exposure compensation
    • Example: F6, 1600, 0
For every one photo I post, there are about 15-20 photos I took. Sometimes you don't get the full scope of the picture until you upload your shots for that session and get a solid look at what you captured.

Streetpro09

Tester
Thank you. I'm by no means a photographer, I got ahold of a well reviewed camera and spent a few weeks fiddling with settings and setups until the photos came out the way I wanted.

• Backdrop feature shots
  • Close up bud
  • In the garden/tent
The feature shots with a backdrop involve: a stand on which I clip the backdrop fabric, a light, and the camera on a stand for a steady shot. Here is a quick example shot with the setup using Chem '91skva:

Close up bud shots are generally this same setup, but the camera is about 6inches from the bud. Here's a shot of Appalachian Super Skunk:
These types of bud shots can then be cropped if you want a more close-up view. Here is an OGKB pic cropped:

The in garden shots just involve me holding the camera to take pictures of the plants on the tables in the flower room or tents. This is Skunky Brewster in the flower room:
For every one photo I post, there are about 15-20 photos I took. Sometimes you don't get the full scope of the picture until you upload your shots for that session and get a solid look at what you captured.
Thanks man! That'll give me a great starting point!

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise

• Backdrop feature shots
  • Close up bud
  • In the garden/tent

Just beautiful work man. Love your write ups and pics