Just a couple of sips

After watching Jeremy(the build a soil guy) and now you growing some really nice looking plants in sips I have decided that if I ever try growing in dirt again this will be the way I would do it. It's like the perfect amalgamation of dwc + soil grow styles and it gets rid of the headache of a lot of different factors:
-Previously mentioned Soil moister/watering
-no air stones
-no constant need to monitor ph or ppm
and that's just for starters...

Loving this grow Leeski and your plants are looking totally plugged in (y)

Last edited:

Leeski

Super Active Member
Thanks @Zaphod420 I’m extremely happy how things have gone so far, I’m hoping that flower goes as smooth and I can keep them healthy & happy.

Jeremy (build a soil) has some great vids,
I watched a few on earthboxes when doing my home work on sips, in one episode he describes them as being like a stomach and in my brief experience with sips I say he’s on the money with that description, I have feeder roots on the surface and i 100% know the roots are in the res , I have ordered an endoscope so hopefully if I feed it down the water filler might get some images of the roots. Any how cheers for you reply man really appreciate it. Have a good day ☮

Leeski

Super Active Member
Do you pull back the plastic to top dress or is it bottom feeding along with whatever you ammended in the media for the rest of the cycle?

Looking really nice amigo
Yes mate, I pulled the cover back to top dress , I let the reservoirs dry out for 36hrs so I could top water a little to get things rocking. I intend to top dress once more after stretch with bat poop and palm tree ash as pk booster, the reservoirs will only ever have fresh water….
Thank you for kind words

This has been fascinating to me , I must have dropped a barely grain into my em1 when making bokashi , em1 is done but going to see which biology wins ! Last pic looks trippy as f I’m kinda high ☮View attachment 121550View attachment 121551View attachment 121552
It just so happens I too am high while looking at your barely nugget floating in em1, and that is kind of fascinating to think whats going to eat it first yeast or bacteria. I would think if it was a piece of malted(heated) barley lactic acid bacteria will win unless there is still some pretty active yeast(not all the way done fermenting) still left in your em1. One thing I do know for certain though is something is going to eat that tasty Morsel. 🧁
MaximusDelicious.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Joebud didn't mean for the answer to sound officious or anything. There's probably enough other bad stuff in the soil we should all be wearing masks - but should we really?

I think that's coming from the Purell cult that has produced countless new allergies over the past few decades that were never a problem before. For example, until about the 80's few people were lactose intolerant.

The people that say we should cook our soil to kill everything, just in case something is bad.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
For example, until about the 80's few people were lactose intolerant.
I don't buy that. I think that we just didn't understand it until then. Every gastroenterologist I've seen (and it's been quite a few) has told me that humans are not built to consume lactose and we are really only supposed to drink human milk for the first few years of our lives. People who actually have no issues with lactose are in the minority, believe it or not. The key to combating lactose intolerance isn't in a pill, even though lactaid pills do exist...the key is just avoiding lactose.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't buy that. I think that we just didn't understand it until then. Every gastroenterologist I've seen (and it's been quite a few) has told me that humans are not built to consume lactose and we are really only supposed to drink human milk for the first few years of our lives. People who actually have no issues with lactose are in the minority, believe it or not. The key to combating lactose intolerance isn't in a pill, even though lactaid pills do exist...the key is just avoiding lactose.
The influx of milk processing to increase production for an ever increasing population has included everything from feeding them hormones and anti-biotics to feeding with stuff grown in fields sprayed with every 'government approved' pesticide thaey can get away with. If you think this doesn't affect the end consumer...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The influx of milk processing to increase production for an ever increasing population has included everything from feeding them hormones and anti-biotics to feeding with stuff grown in fields sprayed with every 'government approved' pesticide thaey can get away with. If you think this doesn't affect the end consumer...
I'm sure it does but, what I'm saying is, that we are lactose intolerant by design.