Join me in the journey! going to make a shit ton of seeds

Hi all!
Thought I would introduce myself. I am fairly new to this. So far I have two grows under my belt, both of which were not super impressive.

I decided to change that. Instead of growing bag seeds, I decided to buy some commercial genetics. I have a few packs of cult classic seed gear, some hemp from hoku and some PCG clones from a local dispensary.

the stable

• [CCS|1] cult classic seeds#unicorn sherbert
  • [CCS|2] cult classic seeds#fresh squeezed
  • [HKC|1] hoku seed company#KZ x TNT x RL
  • [HKC|4] hoku seed company#KZ x AMP x RL
  • [NYC] Purple City Genetics#NYC Piff 3
  • [WC] Purple City Genetics#Wedding Cake
  • [RNT] Purple City Genetics#Runtz
  • [DD] Purple City Genetics#Double Dream
  • [GM] Purple City Genetics#Gush Mints

the plan is to sex the seedlings, find a good male and pollinate all the females. keep good notes and hope for the best?

join me on the journey. it's going somewhere. might not be spectacular, but i'm willing to take that risk.

Vee

Ancient Member
Hi all!
Thought I would introduce myself. I am fairly new to this. So far I have two grows under my belt, both of which were not super impressive.

I decided to change that. Instead of growing bag seeds, I decided to buy some commercial genetics. I have a few packs of cult classic seed gear, some hemp from hoku and some PCG clones from a local dispensary.

the stable

• [CCS|1] cult classic seeds#unicorn sherbert
  • [CCS|2] cult classic seeds#fresh squeezed
  • [HKC|1] hoku seed company#KZ x TNT x RL
  • [HKC|4] hoku seed company#KZ x AMP x RL
  • [NYC] Purple City Genetics#NYC Piff 3
  • [WC] Purple City Genetics#Wedding Cake
  • [RNT] Purple City Genetics#Runtz
  • [DD] Purple City Genetics#Double Dream
  • [GM] Purple City Genetics#Gush Mints

the plan is to sex the seedlings, find a good male and pollinate all the females. keep good notes and hope for the best?

join me on the journey. it's going somewhere. might not be spectacular, but i'm willing to take that risk.
2 grows Huh! that should do too, consider Clarkes book on Marijuana Botany HERE

a basis understanding on https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance is good

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
2 grows Huh!
Interesting - what I pinged on was:
both of which were not super impressive.
@muffled_evolution , hopefully you came here wanting to learn - and get honest opinions. Here's my advice for what it's worth.

I showed up here in 2019 thinking about doing the same thing. I am just now starting to think about selecting a few males to keep and use. The good news is that nothing you have done up to this point is wrong. You bought beans that are the genetics you wanted and had a plan "A".

I've posted 100 ideas on here to get feedback on and I've tried maybe 50. And some of those I realized didn't sound like a great idea as soon as I posted them. They're still there. I'm a stoner. You move on.

My advice would be to grow some plants you are happy with, that are healthy to harvest, that end up being great smoke and THEN you decide if/when you found something you want to have a ton of. Drop 2 out of each pack of regs and mathematically you should get a female to smoke. Practice taking clones - which you can grow(learn) and have available if you do find the unicorn.

Find a grow style you're good at and can replicate. Doesn't matter if it's hydro, soil with part A and part B, organic - whatever. Grow a plant you can't wait to smoke then keep the ones that blow your head off.

Think about what your goal is too. Beans for you or are you wanting to start a business.

Or not - whatever 🥴

MikeyDread

Blessings, hey you made it further then alot of people who quit after their frist grow, so be proud of that, now you have made the jump from bag seeds to real genetics and clones, great.

But dont bite off more then you can chew, put the seeds away and play with them later.
You have alot of clones that now need attention and when I say attention I mean alot, think teenager at the school dance with her best dress infront of the nerdy pimpled science kids.. that type of attention.

Your going to need to find a way to balance the needs of each strain and by the list its going to be all over the place.

Like @H.A.F. mentioned grow them, see what you like and what you dont. Take clones then you can hunt through the seeds for some males.

Its not easy to veg, clone, flower, pop seed, grow, maintain, flower, sex, cure, veg, clone, flower, pop seed, grow, maintain, flower, sex, cure...thats the cycle your setting yourself up for.

And after 2 grows you may just want to keep your feet wet, grow some nice headstash, instead of jumping into the deep end.

But I command you on your willingness to take the risk, sometimes its best to learn in the fire! Good luck and blessings, I will follow along.

Sugar Pops

Just wanted to say hi! And wishing you well on your endeavours.
Best advice I can give you at this point is to always remember it isn’t a race, so be as patient as possible ( sometimes, that’s the hardest part!)
Good luck and happy grows!

Reactions: Vee
gotta link to that I wanna that on my duvet (bed cover) ..lol
That would make a really nice blankey wouldn't it :cool: