Is Weed Seeds USA legit?

hermzthewise

Hey Chuckers

This is my first post and it is a question. It is the reason I joined.

I caught wind of the suspicious weed seeds website claiming to be a seedbank on Bing but upon clicking shop now, it takes me to another website called ILGM.

Is this something that happens to anyone else?

I've never heard of ILGM before and the seeds seem to be at rip-off prices.

Any help is appreciated

Opie1

Master Grower
Hey Chuckers

I caught wind of the suspicious weed seeds website claiming to be a seedbank on Bing but upon clicking shop now, it takes me to another website called ILGM.

Any help is appreciated
@H.A.F. can probably tell you a lot about that guy/bank, I think he purchased from there a couple times when he first started out (the ILGM place).
I could be wrong, but I think he (Robert) buys whatever he can find in bulk and names it whatever his customers order. I wouldn’t buy anything from him.

Opie1

Master Grower
Hey Chuckers

Any help is appreciated
Google GreenPoint Seeds if you want legit genetics.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
@H.A.F. can probably tell you a lot about that guy/bank, I think he purchased from there a couple times when he first started out (the ILGM place).
I could be wrong, but I think he (Robert) buys whatever he can find in bulk and names it whatever his customers order. I wouldn’t buy anything from him.
ILGM is a white label seed bank. They don’t just randomly give names of what their customers want to their seed though. Their seeds come from Spain (from what I understand) and they the strains they sell are just the same crosses as the strains they are named. For example, their Purple Haze is a cross of Haze and Purple Thai. I actually liked their purple haze, bought multiple pack, and they all came out the same. They are a “legit” seed bank…as in they don’t scam people and they deliver promptly. That said, their prices are on the high side for not being top quality genetics. I grew a bunch of their seeds when I started and honestly had 0 complaints about their germination or the flower.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
To add to what Opie said…Greenpoint Seeds has great stuff at good prices and you can get packs for next to nothing if you watch the reverse auctions. If there are other specific strains/breeders you are looking for then you can usually find them at North Atlantic Seed Co or DC Seed Exchange.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Watching the podcasts I learned that haze wasn't even invented until I was a grown man. In the 80'sAmsterdam had legal weed - and that was all it took to be a destination place. They built on that, and when haze came around I think it was their thing. For whatever reason, I think because the high was closer to the hash they were used to. Whatever, I think haze ended up being their niche.

But then there was a political change and some raids and mostseed production moved to Spain. Yes, they have the "legit" cut of whatever but it's grown in bulk.

The main issue I see is that they always have every new thing that comes out - in feminized and auto - and are never out of stock of anything. Nature doesn't work like that.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So, the seeds usually pop, 'guaranteed!!!", the plants grow well, and the smoke gets you high.
Northern Lights is not supposed to smell like spearmint? No way! Whatever I grew from them I un-checked from my list of "tried that" because I have no clue if I did. And terp-wise it aged like bread.

If Marlboro grew weed they would pop ILGM seeds. It would be sold as over the counter mids in a 20-pack like smokes. Bob would pick up a pack with his Big Gulp on the way to work and not have to grow weed and be fine with that.

Unless and until he smoked real weed :cool:

I think that comfort of knowing that even if you kill it they give you another bean is where they snag the 1st time buyers

sandman83

Super Active Member
So, the seeds usually pop, 'guaranteed!!!", the plants grow well, and the smoke gets you high.
Northern Lights is not supposed to smell like spearmint? No way! Whatever I grew from them I un-checked from my list of "tried that" because I have no clue if I did. And terp-wise it aged like bread.

If Marlboro grew weed they would pop ILGM seeds. It would be sold as over the counter mids in a 20-pack like smokes. Bob would pick up a pack with his Big Gulp on the way to work and not have to grow weed and be fine with that.

Unless and until he smoked real weed :cool:

I think that comfort of knowing that even if you kill it they give you another bean is where they snag the 1st time buyers
generic crosses to recreate popular strains was my opinion.... I fell for a lot of the cheaper/freebie attitude deals and have a jar to show for it but there's a lot better out there for the price these days. Check out DCSE or Great lakes and grab something in your range.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
generic crosses to recreate popular strains was my opinion.... I fell for a lot of the cheaper/freebie attitude deals and have a jar to show for it but there's a lot better out there for the price these days. Check out DCSE or Great lakes and grab something in your range.
I switched to Dagga Gardens. I am not as much about the seedbank as the breeders they carry. I have found certain breeders that select for the high I like when releasing their seeds. Some breeders select for instagram pretty, some breed this and that because the name sounds cool.

My go-to breeder now is 707 Seedbank. He has some worked lines that you'll pay more for, but he does chucks as well. He tested all his males and found his Kush Cleaner male then he hit everything with it, but he only released a portion of what he made - after testing it. If the stuff leaned towards the Kush Cleaner male he fed it to the chickens (his words LOL) If it was like a GG4, or a better version of GG4, then he named it and released that.

Anyway - a breeder is one that is actually making selections and putting their twist on whatever plant it is. And after growing out a bunch it seems he smokes what I like to smoke. If you find that - stock up.

sandman83

Super Active Member
I switched to Dagga Gardens. I am not as much about the seedbank as the breeders they carry. I have found certain breeders that select for the high I like when releasing their seeds. Some breeders select for instagram pretty, some breed this and that because the name sounds cool.

My go-to breeder now is 707 Seedbank. He has some worked lines that you'll pay more for, but he does chucks as well. He tested all his males and found his Kush Cleaner male then he hit everything with it, but he only released a portion of what he made - after testing it. If the stuff leaned towards the Kush Cleaner male he fed it to the chickens (his words LOL) If it was like a GG4, or a better version of GG4, then he named it and released that.

Anyway - a breeder is one that is actually making selections and putting their twist on whatever plant it is. And after growing out a bunch it seems he smokes what I like to smoke. If you find that - stock up.
awesome thanks! I had saved that one as well just haven't personally used yet. Looks like some delicious crosses X that kush cleaner male,will have it in my back pocket.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Gaslamp seeds and seedsherenow are another great place to search for good genetics and decent prices.
Yeah, except fuck schmeeds here now. Same pack of beans will cost you on average $20 more before shipping. I "missed out" on snagging a pack of Freeborn beans on SHN when he dropped some, but the beans were $300-$450/pack. I just bought two packs of Freeborn beans from Dagga for $120 each. Less than $10/bean.

Oh, and I also got some Mean Gene freebies thrown in - along with tons of other stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
SHN guaranteed replacement - you get to choose which three packs (in a lifetime) you want to get replaced regardless of situation. And I think they must store their beans for shit. My germ rate of stuff that went through their hands was lower than anywhere else - including ILGM.

After your 3rd replacement Becky the customer service nazi steps in and if you get too loud threatens to close your account :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

They stopped wanting my money - and you know buying beans is somewhat of an addiction over here LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
ILGM has "free replacement, guaranteed germination" but mids.
SHN has legit breederds but questionable seed storage and a big mark-up.

SHN's initial draw was that they took a debit card before anyone else.

sandman83

Super Active Member
ILGM has "free replacement, guaranteed germination" but mids.
SHN has legit breederds but questionable seed storage and a big mark-up.

SHN's initial draw was that they took a debit card before anyone else.
sigh I'm still weird about mailing cash but it was the only method back in the day. The seed storage of the breeders/banks is so important its ridiculous. We can be as careful as we want after received but can't fix issues already caused.