Interesting cloning technique

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I've yet to have good stems come outta a flower clone. Buncha spindly, weak, stretchy branches. I've only vegged long enough to get them to flip back and take new clones like you say. I can't imagine the support needed if i was to grow and flower one out. Seems like it would be a huge mess.
Some people call it monster cropping. It's dumb imo. Just grow the plants and flip em , put the branches where u want.

Streetpro09

Tester
Some people call it monster cropping. It's dumb imo. Just grow the plants and flip em , put the branches where u want.

That's my thought exactly but if you just go by what the "experts" say or write........ First time i flipped one back i was supper confused knowing what monster cropping was. Luckily that wasn't the goal. Keeps me wondering about these "experts".

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
So what happened @MisterKister ? Did you get massive roots via this tek?

LOL about re-inventing the wheel. Yer all a few decades too late to spout too loudly on that stuff.... try cloning in soil...or vermiculite with crap ass powders or nothing at all cus you couldn't find products to do it anywhere or info HOW to do it anywhere (1992). "Plugs" and cloning gels/etc. were still years away from hitting the market.

Basically...shitting with no paper with a handful of leaves... :ROFLMAO:
as long they weren't leaves of three!:)

Streetpro09

Tester
View attachment 134394
I think this one made a little over 12o’s
I wonder if it depends how far into flower you take the clone. My reveg clones seam to take forever to flip back and meanwhile they are growing stem and throwing a single curled up leaf at each node.

Maybe it's my light? It's just a big tube florescent. Idk t-8?

I've not had luck with it myself. By the time they are throwing 3-5 blade leaves they are so tall i couldn't imagine vegging them any longer. Thats why i just take clone from there.

Opie1

Master Grower
I wonder if it depends how far into flower you take the clone. My reveg clones seam to take forever to flip back and meanwhile they are growing stem and throwing a single curled up leaf at each node.

Maybe it's my light? It's just a big tube florescent. Idk t-8?

I've not had luck with it myself. By the time they are throwing 3-5 blade leaves they are so tall i couldn't imagine vegging them any longer. Thats why i just take clone from there.
Yeah I know what you’re saying, most plants will have limbs that are really flimsy. I pinch/cut the tops off of each one to slow down the outward growth. They’ll grow a new one that keeps growing out, but it’ll make the limbs bigger/stronger. A fan blowing them around will strengthen them a lot too, the more movement you can get by without damaging them the better. I’m still trying to figure out when is best to take cuttings for the cuts I have, right now it’s looking like 4-5 weeks into flower.

Opie1

Master Grower
Yeah I know what you’re saying, most plants will have limbs that are really flimsy. I pinch/cut the tops off of each one to slow down the outward growth. They’ll grow a new one that keeps growing out, but it’ll make the limbs bigger/stronger. A fan blowing them around will strengthen them a lot too, the more movement you can get by without damaging them the better. I’m still trying to figure out when is best to take cuttings for the cuts I have, right now it’s looking like 4-5 weeks into flower.
I actually said that wrong, they don’t have to grow a new one, the node below becomes your new top. It’ll slow down growth and make the main limb bigger/stronger.
This is a good way to go if you’re trying or need to keep your count down. You gotta watch your humidity too, keep plenty of air moving

Streetpro09

Tester
I actually said that wrong, they don’t have to grow a new one, the node below becomes your new top. It’ll slow down growth and make the main limb bigger/stronger.
This is a good way to go if you’re trying or need to keep your count down. You gotta watch your humidity too, keep plenty of air moving

See i always throw them out after cloning so I've never really seen the growth pattern after topping a reveg. I'll bet that's what I'm missing about it.