Indoor Plant Expressions vs Outdoor

MikeyDread

When you read this message I hope it finds you in good spirits

Indoor vs outdoor plant expressions will always very based on location , strain., blah..blah..blah

What I'm curious to know is, when running the same strains, what differences have you seen.
Does indoors out preform outdoors in regards to yield or vice versa?
What about tric development or smell or color.
What surprises have you encountered that you didn't expect?

Feel free to comment with your experiences, Bless!

Last summer I ran zkittlz indoors and outdoors both were pretty close to the same, really couldn't tell what was what. But when smoked the indoors had a better teste , although cured and cut same time, same way. Buds were a bit denser indoors and somewhat more airy outdoors.

My Sweet Black Angel, was very dark color outdoors almost brown and didnt have the best bag appeal. But the indoor run, has vibrant colors and more trics.
I also noticed, larger leaf development outdoors and better resistance to stress outdoors. Inside she is such a baby.

MD

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Outoors will always win with total yield, especially if you put them right into the ground, because they grow much longer and larger. Bud density really depends on the conditions. If you have a humid or excessively hot environment environment, outdoors, then your buds will be more airy.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I'll take sun grown over indoor grown any day.
I really miss my GH a lot!
Though never had PM or Botrytis indoor, easier to manage conditions.
A few years ago, grown about the same time...Deputy

bout a pound outdoor GH.
65 gal bag
_DSC4007.JPG

2+ oz indoor 2x4 tent
7 gal bag
DEPUTY (1).JPG

Indoor had tighter buds, buzz on both was the same.
IMO... outdoor tasted better.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Coots mix mostly water only with a few top dressings. Same for both plants.
I also grew 2 LVTK plants at the same time, Love this strain.

Indoor had better flavor, tighter buds. The buzz was very close on these 2 as well.
Indoor 2+ oz
INDOOR LVTK (2).JPG
Greenhouse almost 2lbs, was to tight for a full plant shot.
_DSC4183.JPG_DSC4994.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I would love to be able to have the option to grow every strain outdoors but living in the north the sun gets to far south with only 10-8hrs daylight in September/October limits my options I grew Bobberberry outside last summer and just finished up some indoor the outdoor were a far more beautiful color plant but indoor won on bud size an taste....but back in the 70/80s I had a skunk that finished by sept I ran her outside she liked it more...
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

D

Deleted member 60

It's fun to watch folks fuck with both approaches.

After 7 seasons outdoors (which followed about 30 years of indoor grows consisting of all of the approaches you can think of).....I think genetics has a huge impact on density. Case in point....anything with Cookies in it......gonna be rock hard....indoors or out.

But yeah...every location is different. Full sun locales are likely gonna out perform those with shade in the mix/etc.

I've rivalled the weight I see outdoor in an indoor scenario...but geezusfuckin De Christo....you gotta slam a ton of light on em to do it. Before things went legal here....such expense was worth it. These days....nah.....

But overall....outdoor kills indoor on weight everytime. Bottom line......it's damn hard to cultivate 18 trees indoors that are 6-8 ft tall.

Frost....well...indoor may be more consistent.....cus for one thing...it's a static envoronment....no weather/rain/HAIL...etc. to knock the shit out of yer plant. That's also why indoor has more pests, IMO. Put shit in a greenhouse and see what I mean. It's a fuckin magnet for critters cus it's a perfect environment for critters. Outdoors...knock on wood......I've seen a few aphids....ONCE.......and some bud rot here there on wet Fall seasons cus the buds get so damn huge....but nothing like I've seen indoors (aka..the BORG)

It's all about intent, IMO. If yer still making $$$ doing this.....indoor is gonna be more consistent on bag appeal....and for the most part...a sure thing on having a harvest. Outdoor has the weather/rippers/etc.... so no sure thing...as many here well know.

My intent isn't flower...it's hash......so indoor pales, pales, pales in my scenario. Too much work (and expense) for far too little take. I'll take a pound of outdoor with (possibly, but not always) slightly less trich coverage over 3-4 z of frosty-as-fuck indoor. Guess which will make more hash?

But it's all good! No right or wrong, IMO....been there, did that on both fronts! For me....the change to outdoor has been good fun after being driven by the market/garden for all of those years in perpetual mode indoors....with no breaks. I have far more weed/hash than I can use....and I get 6 months off from fuckin with all of it....other than packin fat bowls of hash. :p

MikeyDread

Some beautiful plants and some great replies.

I've never had the ability to grow plants like trees, one day soon. I love hash.

20 yrs ago we used to throw a plant here and there on the 401 hyway, made it real easy to get to them, we could make it look like a flat tire or someone taking a wizz, I ended up with some finished product but always hit and miss.

Then I was forced to do a lot of autos due to short hrs of daylight. I'm hoping this summer I can finish something nice and proper

I've been lucky to not have too many issues with PM or pests, I do use neem all through veg, I've been known to drop some cinnamon the top of soil don't know if it helps, but I do it.

I agree flavor seems to be better indoors.