In depth review of greenpoints, 'Citron' and 'Cookiedawg' strains. with a detailed pheno breakdown.

Tegridy Guy

I wanted to give folks a full, detailed review and a pheno breakdown of these two strains so seed buyers can know what to expect. also newbies that want to know what a pheno hunt means and what attributes should i pay attention to should read this. these two strains are my introduction to greenpoint, the only other breeders ive used is greenhouse or strain hunters rather, and barneys farm. i should include that i live in a very humid state, even with a dehumidifier going it still can be from 65 to 75% during flower. a much larger dehumidifier would do better but i cant afford it right now. the strains from strain hunters and barneys farm were very short and compact and extremely leafy. due to this structure combined with my humidity i was having bud molding issues and a little powdery mildew. this will be relevant later. now to the review.

First strain is the 'Citron'. this is a cross of 'Clementine with Animal cookies '. im going to give a detailed description of every pheno. i got 4 out of the 6 seeds because i dropped 2 of them. what can i say, im dexterity challenged.
pheno 1 grew straight up, tall with a few main trunks going up with little latteral branching. i believe this structure is mostly from the animal cookies. stretch was quite a bit but not unmanagable around 3 feet when flowered at about 20 inches. limbs were small and a bit weak. buds were on the small side with little color and terps and high were pretty good but not the best pheno. yeild was ok . 9 weeks to mature.
pheno 2 grew straight up again, tall with a many main stems going up with little latteral branching and thick strong limbs. fairly stretchy as well at 3 feet. the least leafy of all the strains and phenos. this pheno produced some of the prettiest buds ive ever seen to date. buds were medium size and full of purple and foxtails. hard and super super frosty. the heaviest yeilder so far of all strains and phenos. terps were incredible musty orange smell and flavor that lasts a very long time. tricomes were on the small side but numerous. the high was powerful and quite sedating. really nice evening high but not really what i was looking for. 9 weeks to mature.
pheno 3 had a really nice structure very symetrical. im guessing this structure is more clementine like. which was shrub like with the top being fairly equal with the many thick strong limbs. medium tall. more lateral branching than the first two. a little shorter than the first two. tighter internodes. absolutely resisted bending the branches, no matter how much you pinch it pops right back up. the buds were on the small side. hard and colorless kind of lime green and super frosty. this was my favorite high of all the phenos. exactly what i was looking for. a good wake and bake strain. terps were excellent. taste and smell was like the old school skunk, lemony, sour skunky with a twist of orange. really nice. the high was really potent but eye opening and uplifting. all of these phenos were a bit stretchy but i believe this stretch and the bigger internodal lengths help my mold issue. because i have had no mold on any buds from greenpoint to date. pheno 3 was more compact but still enough space to allow air to flow. all the phenos had a high calyx to leaf ratio making it super easy to trim. medium yeild. 9 weeks to mature.
pheno 4 is much more compact than all othe phenos, too compact maybe. good structure. thick limbs very symetrical. much leafyer than all other phenos. very tight internodes. these attributes could cause mold issues later. buds are medium size with little color, lime green. extremely loud terps of lemony skunky sour with an orange twist. is still in progress so i will have to update this later.

The next strain is the Cookiedawg. this is a cross of 'Chem 4 with Animal cookies'.i have 4 phenos from this one with the 5th and 6th to come in the future.
pheno 1 grew straight up kind of like the citron with a few main stems. medium tall about 3 feet when flowered at 20 inches. stems were large and thick. im guessing this structure comes from the animal cookies. some lateral branching not much. stretch was quite a bit with medium internodal length. the absolute smallest buds of all the strains and phenos. buds were colorful with extreme frosting. trichomes are fairly large. terps were meager with a mild sweet smell and taste. effects were heavy and sedating. small yeild. 9 weeks to mature.
pheno 2 grew more like a candelabra like shrub. with thick strong branches. very nice structure fairly compact but still airy enough. very symetrical. not much lateral branching. im guessing that this structure comes more from the chem 4. buds were small but incredibly triched over with very large trichomes. a little color not much. smell was very interesting, with a fruity mango like industrial cleaner is the only way i can describe it. the flavor is not as intense as the smell. it matured the fastest at 8 weeks. the high was powerful heavy and sedating.
pheno 3 had an odd cascading candelabra kinda shape. fairly compact not as stretchy as some. id say medium hight. limbs were thick but shorter. seemed like more of a half and half structure. buds are the most unusual ive ever seen. buds were small but absolutely the most triched over buds ive ever seen. its almost white from the coverage. the most colorful buds as well, white with lots of purple showing through a bit. outstanding looking, rock hard buds. terps are meager for the amount of trichomes. smells like mildly sweet rubber. i have not harvested this yet so i cannot comment on the smoke yet.
pheno 4 this plant has an unusual shape . growing up kind of like pheno 1 but with long lateral branches from odd places. kind of messy looking. not symetrical at all. this pheno is tall and stretchy like the citron pheno 1 and 2. its developing a grape, rubber smell. very large trichomes with large heads. this plant is also not mature yet so i will have to update on this later.

I will be doing one on the 'GMOPunch' soon. pretty amazing looking plants. extremely vigorous growers and they really do smell like garlic. i would include pictures because some of this stuff is beautiful indeed. im just not comfortable with or have the time for pictures right now. i dont have a good camera either. maybe soon.
i didnt have any requirements of the strains other than they be under a certain hight. be vigorous growers . be potent with a reasonable yeild. finish in a reasonable time and most of all no moldy buds or powdery mildew. i was also looking for an uplifting high, a couchlock stone or something in between but preferable to one extreme or the other. taste was secondary because i want some new different tastes.
in conclusion. so far without the other phenos harvested yet, all of those expectations were met. there was considerable variation in phenos. this was a plus to me for i was looking at different shapes and how they fit into my space, which is 4 by 4, and how different shapes impacted the powdery mildew and bud mold issue. i give everything a thumbs up. everything was true to its description of the parent plants. all seeds germinated fast. no hermies. it did not seem that one genetic dominated over the other.
hope this helps any newbs doing their first pheno hunts. or anyone wanting to know details about the strain before buying.

Last edited: