How much filter do I need

So I have. 2 tents flower and veg

my house is stinking to much
I have 3 440 cfm fans and filters and It’s not enough when I flower this big amount so I’m buying a 720 cam fan and filter and getting. New filter for my 6 inche fan that’s coming from the flower tent

do you think that should be enough to cleanthe air in the room

Kulla380

Really Active Member
Information about your setup would help.. you say you have 2 tents. What's the dimension on them? Are your filter and fan the same cfm?

Ok flower 4x4 veg 3x4 each tent has its one fan and filter and I have another fan and filter desiring in the room

I think my filters are a year old that might be the prob

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ok flower 4x4 veg 3x4 each tent has its one fan and filter and I have another fan and filter desiring in the room

I think my filters are a year old that might be the prob
440CFM is plenty for tents of that size. I run an AC Infinity T6 in my 4x4, that has a max of 402CFM, and 75% of the time it’s only running at 30% - 40% of its max speed.
The filters will last a lot longer if you only connect them in flower when they are needed. Also, how do you have them hooked up? Are they in the tent (air sucking into them) or outside the tent (air pushing through them). If you want them to be most effective then you want them inside the tent so the tent walls suck in (negative air pressure). This prevents the smell from having any way out of the tent other than through the filter.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I religiously change all my filters every 10 to 12 months, I had my shingles replaced a couple years ago and the guys on the roof told me it smelled on the roof which my tents vent into attic. Since then I am very good at changing more often and I know this helped as I just had my HVAC in the attic replaced with no problems filters were six months old.

As someone said make sure filters are rated at CFM you are pulling.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I think the quality of the filter is also important I bought a cheap Vivosun and it never did a very good job from new, I have used cam brand and they were fine for one flower cycle but not worth the extra $$ IMO others may disagree lately I been running Terrabloom filters and have been real impressed I have a Y in my intake line and only run the air thru the filters when they start to get stinky higher humidity also shortens their life I tie a plastic bag over them until they are needed,

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I’m looking at 2 terabloom and and I plower

the nice ones will be connected to the rooms the cheaper one will just sit in the room that should be more then enough
I think you will be happy with them Dab I have a pile of filters that didn't cut the mustard but have been impressed with Terrabloom especially for the $$