Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 6-12

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

SimpleJak

Tugg Speedman
I have to say as business owner and many friends in business (although not many in Cannabis), Heisen explains some very accurate hurdles when it comes to running a business. His numbers of 10% actually being potential customers who are interested and the rest being non-customers (who visit your app/site) is fairly accurate to how traffic conversions work. And of those 10% interested, not all will be actual purchasing customers. And his point about customer retention is a solid point. Most new businesses do not understand that repeat customers are a GIGANTIC portion of a business' profit. With repeat customers you have already broken down a lot of their hesitations of a purchase since you have built trust with that customer.

While I am all for new businesses and ideas (because innovation and creation are the foundation of progression, and the world needs that) it's good to get a perspective on what you're getting yourself into. And I get thats why you are here. I love seeds, new genetics, all that fun stuff but I agree with a lot of people stating the amount of seeds you may be wanting to give away could be too much, too often. And if people don't grow your genetics
(because they have too many), you wont have people posting/sharing it and it wont gain traction. Since Cannabis has become an actual industry with actual businesses and investors coming into play, you will need focus on the marketing aspect to keep up. Cookies kind of set the bar for that. Just like when Amazon set the bar for shipping deliveries... every other competing company had to follow suit. This industry is fast faced and cutthroat since this shift.

With a field to that size, i would think Heisens suggestion about selling flower could be a better way. What about selling in bulk to washing/processing companies. This is just a thought to keep your passion going and get some profit.

I wish you best of luck with whatever you decide to do! If you want to do it, go for it! Keep the motivation going but don't forget to keep sending out for feedback to keep you grounded with your plans, and don't let it discourage you.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I have to say as business owner and many friends in business (although not many in Cannabis), Heisen explains some very accurate hurdles when it comes to running a business. His numbers of 10% actually being potential customers who are interested and the rest being non-customers (who visit your app/site) is fairly accurate to how traffic conversions work. And of those 10% interested, not all will be actual purchasing customers. And his point about customer retention is a solid point. Most new businesses do not understand that repeat customers are a GIGANTIC portion of a business' profit. With repeat customers you have already broken down a lot of their hesitations of a purchase since you have built trust with that customer.

While I am all for new businesses and ideas (because innovation and creation are the foundation of progression, and the world needs that) it's good to get a perspective on what you're getting yourself into. And I get thats why you are here. I love seeds, new genetics, all that fun stuff but I agree with a lot of people stating the amount of seeds you may be wanting to give away could be too much, too often. And if people don't grow your genetics
(because they have too many), you wont have people posting/sharing it and it wont gain traction. Since Cannabis has become an actual industry with actual businesses and investors coming into play, you will need focus on the marketing aspect to keep up. Cookies kind of set the bar for that. Just like when Amazon set the bar for shipping deliveries... every other competing company had to follow suit. This industry is fast faced and cutthroat since this shift.

With a field to that size, i would think Heisens suggestion about selling flower could be a better way. What about selling in bulk to washing/processing companies. This is just a thought to keep your passion going and get some profit.

I wish you best of luck with whatever you decide to do! If you want to do it, go for it! Keep the motivation going but don't forget to keep sending out for feedback to keep you grounded with your plans, and don't let it discourage you.
People despise the man I work for but when it comes to business the guy is as sharp as they come. I get the back end of all the chatter. I ask alot of questions and gu gives me the answers. He is pretty smart when it comes to web sales. The average website sale is in the 40 to 60 dollar range. People typically are set in that range. Not many sales exceed over 100 dollars especially when it comes to seeds. His marketing strategies are pretty brilliant imo. Yeah sure he's done some bullshit not many agree with but operating a business that requires a 20k a month positive cash flow is challenging. Has to be constantly evolving.
Me explaining to that guy was just the tip of the ice berg. Logistics and getting paid for something that is still considered federally illegal is a huge hurdle. High risk credit card processing is 30 percent . Not to mention the banks you bank with wanna see tax ID numbers and LLC certificates. If he wants to just stay low key he would be better to just go back to strainly, suck up to ol dude and sling a few packs @ 30 per.

SimpleJak

Tugg Speedman
People despise the man I work for but when it comes to business the guy is as sharp as they come. I get the back end of all the chatter. I ask alot of questions and gu gives me the answers. He is pretty smart when it comes to web sales. The average website sale is in the 40 to 60 dollar range. People typically are set in that range. Not many sales exceed over 100 dollars especially when it comes to seeds. His marketing strategies are pretty brilliant imo. Yeah sure he's done some bullshit not many agree with but operating a business that requires a 20k a month positive cash flow is challenging. Has to be constantly evolving.
Me explaining to that guy was just the tip of the ice berg. Logistics and getting paid for something that is still considered federally illegal is a huge hurdle. High risk credit card processing is 30 percent . Not to mention the banks you bank with wanna see tax ID numbers and LLC certificates. If he wants to just stay low key he would be better to just go back to strainly, suck up to ol dude and sling a few packs @ 30 per.
I agree! GPS has an amazing business model and it shows that Gu knows what hes doing when it comes to the business side of things. Especially in a place where its not easy to compete. Him (and actually you are a huge part too) being so active on the Discord is huge. It allows for that evolution you were talking about. When people listen to the customers, you can solve their problems and add value to the company. I know thats not the only area you need to be evolving in when it comes to a business, but the customer is a big part of it. Kudos to you guys for being so active. It sucks when you purchase from a company and it feels "gated" to get info/answers.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
These ain't them "transgender beans"
🤣
I have 40 acres and decent genetic library of NLD and BLD coming from high grade names...i can do this, individual tastes i cant control though.
Selection process...idk, this is why i posted, work out logistics i dont see yet. No is what my heart is saying...i see problems arising with that.
Yeah plant count fem v. reg bugs me a little bit too...i hate sprays, i will have to look into natural rhodelization.
I need to think about the 4 plant count peeps..so send 10, guarantees 4 fems from one strain. Your input is greatly appreciated.

I haven't really exposed my capabilities per se. I can supply a large amount of bred genetics solo. It would be a big commitment on my part but it wouldn't be a Grower's Club thing...theyd be my seeds in my packs. I like the tiered idea, although im not sure what i would need to include in those higher value tiers. Im already a bit sketched at the idea of somehow being successful and having 100+ peeps expecting 12 seeds each, every month, lol...not a joke that number lol. That's industrious, thats me signing my life over to these peeps subscribed to this.
Very few of us need more seed.
We are after, a few of the very best seed.
What price is that worth, is the real question?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
If you paid $10/month for a subscription, that also came with a private chat server with the breeder, how many seeds would you expect said breeder to distribute to you via mail each month to feel like you are receiving your money's worth?
Would there be a feeling of devaluation if the amount of seeds sent exceeded a certain amount? And how significant is the fact they would be regular seeds, and not feminized.
Thank you for your thoughts
Mud
according to who the breeder is and yes regs are important to me,i like it 10pac regs with 11/14 beans value in my book!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
You think I got in this business 10 minutes ago? You think I don't know the ins and outs? The dude that I was just mixed up with was the web officer for seeds here now and worked for greenpoint for the last decade. I know a guy right now with 400k seeds of some pretty bad ass genetics and he can't even sell them. Hes been in the business a long ass time also. The dude knows alot of people.If no one knows who u are they aren't gonna buy your seeds. The first priority you should have is getting your name established, you could offer a dollar a membership and unlimited seeds per month but if no one knows you your seeds are gonna rot.
Not sure you are grasping how many people are in your shoes right now trying to do the same exact thing.
it a whole nuther world from the high times,the seed houses that had, adds they had a lock on traffic at that time

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's 20 grand per year for small farm license in Ohio.
They call that an "overhead" expense. Inspections, regulatory fees, mandated testing, labeling requirements, plant 'metrics' oversight, it all costs the gardener money before they ever plant a fucking seed. If the dumb-asses in power realized the valuation of their already exorbitant state taxes and sales taxes are they would make more just letting capitalism take over and pulling in their 20% after the sale.

D

Deleted member 60

It's 20 grand per year for small farm license in Ohio.
That's a huge amount of cash but it's still cheaper than attorneys/court/fines/jail.

And wow...if you can't make that 20K back in a year....10-fold or more...give it the fuck up and go back to yer job @ 7-11. :ROFLMAO: I woulda gladly paid the man 20K to not fry/freak/noid out for all of those years. That's chump change when yer rollin' well and have the nod to go even harder. For sure....the folks buying such licenses aren't growing in their spare bedroom in tents. Nope.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That's a huge amount of cash but it's still cheaper than attorneys/court/fines/jail.

And wow...if you can't make that 20K back in a year....10-fold or more...give it the fuck up and go back to yer job @ 7-11. :ROFLMAO: I woulda gladly paid the man 20K to not fry/freak/noid out for all of those years. That's chump change when yer rollin' well and have the nod to go even harder. For sure....the folks buying such licenses aren't growing in their spare bedroom in tents. Nope.
noid out, is to lay flat in the weeds watching, as your bug dope wore off about 4 hrs. later, as they stole your garden!

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Id like to think there's success in the basics. I can vouch for @Mudballs . Juicy plump mature done with care. Pick a strategy with that foundation and there's a chance but it has to be simple. Know your farmer!

My favorite business model that makes me laugh is LINDEYS steak house.
The menu is
1.Small steak
2. Big steak

Merry Christmas