Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 6-12

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Valid question i didnt think appropriate to flesh out here but members would be supporting the breeding of the following
View attachment 133573View attachment 133574

And a membership would grant you offspring from goodness i find. Im not concerned with some of the backoffice topics at this time...i was only trying to flesh out a valuation versus offerings. We've covered ground suggesting changes to my first thought on the idea. Making this happen isnt a financial nor a digital burden to me. Scaling up is just math, strainly was a touch on the math involved and my awareness of it.
I think the thing you are missing is that people enjoy freedom rather than being locked into a contract for unknown beans. And the exact people that might have the growing passion to sign up are the same ones that probably already have a stock of beans and know what they like and buy that.

For your little stock ticker thingy they only need to trust that you are reliably providing a collection of data you accumulated from elsewhere to make their life easier. If you get into providing investment advice then they have to have another level of trust in you.

For beans they need to trust that you grow well, breed well, make selections for the type of high their body craves, that they germinate, that they are herm-free, etc.

The subscription thing should be an option AFTER you have gotten the traction you need as a trusted breeder/seed vendor.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Ethos has beans in lots of seedbanks, his own storefront to sell beans, and he has the subscription thing as a side-hustle part of that conglomeration. He uses instagram to accumulate fanboys then sends out very reliable genetics that always turn out pretty for more instagram hits.

But it's midsy effects. And his stuff ages like bread for some reason.
The seed business is like the music industry, everyone wants in lol. Lots of breeders turning out there f4 and 5 projects to sell seeds. I personally don't think a no name breeder could generate enough traffic to justify a membership type seed bank to make it worth the time. The competition out there is brutal. Strainly was already a well established bank that saw traffic but trying that on your own is a huge commitment

Mudballs

Screenshot_20231224-081451_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231224-081445_Gallery.jpg
Im ready to blow the fk up here...fkn shipping and webpages are not a fkn concern...did you not see that app?

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
View attachment 133575View attachment 133576
Im ready to blow the fk up here...fkn shipping and webpages are not a fkn concern...did you not see that app?
You think I got in this business 10 minutes ago? You think I don't know the ins and outs? The dude that I was just mixed up with was the web officer for seeds here now and worked for greenpoint for the last decade. I know a guy right now with 400k seeds of some pretty bad ass genetics and he can't even sell them. Hes been in the business a long ass time also. The dude knows alot of people.If no one knows who u are they aren't gonna buy your seeds. The first priority you should have is getting your name established, you could offer a dollar a membership and unlimited seeds per month but if no one knows you your seeds are gonna rot.
Not sure you are grasping how many people are in your shoes right now trying to do the same exact thing.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
View attachment 133577
No i wont..i know how to store seeds and pollen sir
That's like 2 weeks worth of supply where I come from. I could send those out and gu would be like wtf is this shit. Where's the rest. We have over 200k registered users at greenpoint per year. You have to maintain a higher level of business to be ranked by Google. Your competitors are selling 500k seeds + a year up to 1M seeds with warehouses and employees. Websites that have been established well over a decade. Your to late to the party man. Hypothetically if you listed your crosses and gave your seeds to a high ranked seedbank your seeds would sit. Even the best vendors out there for the big seedbanks have seeds that sit and rot. Even the most well known breeders aren't selling out.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
...being called a nobody by heisen im sure just helped the street cred i need
I really don't care. I'm offering you some free advice. I'm not the one here asking for it. This was your idea not mine. To add insult to injury your the one here on a platform I established asking for said advice. Like I said I know guys more well known than u that have seeds they can't sell. I wish u all.the luck in the world with your Tupperware bowels of seeds in ziplock bags. Your gonna need it.

Mudballs

I 'could' scale up...and im thinking about scaling up...it's just a convo...im glad you took the time to touch on the big numbers and bigger picture

Mudballs

So, better option is let members pick what they want from a list of stuff mudballs likes from his grows and when they get delivered...good talk gang

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Oh how many breeders I have seen come through this place , rollitup, overgrow , IC and everywhere else and not 1 of them has gotten past the barriers of establishment ! I'm sure @H.A.F. has also seen them and they are all.still down at the bottom of the totem poles scratching around like chickens in the yard looking for food. It's a super tough business and unless u know someone on the inside with first hand knowledge of how it works youll never get off the ground. I've seen the back end of the business and the people involved in it.

Mudballs

It's not a competition as you make it out to be...it is just me and my offering...there is no lofty goal that gets me validation from an intangible number on a screen

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Your success may not be the same as mine i fear
In pretty much everyone's mind, the first part of success would be that you are not paying out of pocket to run your business. You need the profit from your business to at least run your business - or it's a charity.

@Heisen i'm done - he ain't listening.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
In pretty much everyone's mind, the first part of success would be that you are not paying out of pocket to run your business. You need the profit from your business to at least run your business - or it's a charity.

@Heisen i'm done - he ain't listening.
Pretty much. I can see people lined up out the door for memberships to a place or thing they don't know exist. Probably be more successful selling potatoes on the side of the road IMO.