how i fell in love with hydro

cucumbers

hello everyone

i just want to share a short story how i fell in love with hydro, disclaimer im not a native speaker so please excuse my english sentences.

it was a hot summer back in 2015, i was a decent soil grower 4/10 i would guess, i was reading about so many things in forums and i even bought some books from stealth gardening stores in an underground garage with no labels on the door or signs (you cant make this shit up) anyways i was looking up to the big guys
posting pictures of plants i couldnt even imagine in my wildest dreams and then there was those magical "hydro" guys the gods of growing in my not so young anymore mind, i couldnt get my head arround this, a plant that grows in water, how on gods green earth is this even possible?

ok ok back to the story, i was making clones, the first i ever made, in jiffy pots (the coco ones) with clonex and after i was done there was one left, i couldnt belive it, f... well i cant count as it seemed, i grabbed a empty lavazza coffee can filled it with tab water or pipe water as we call it and put the poor cuttling in it without clonex or anything and then i put it in a shady corner of my tent without much light at all and then after some time i even forget it was there, i didnt look at it or cared for the clone in the can at all.

a week went by or two i really cant remember how much time went by but i can remember i was cleaning the tent, i removed the big soil filled pots and then i spottet it, oh yeah the cuttling well i throw it away, was in my mind, i dont need it and it might be rotten anyways after that long time sitting in the coffee can filled with tab water.

but the next thing i saw sparked an emotion, an idea the will to grow in hydro, this poor little bastard sitting in his rusty ass container doesnt want to die its a hero plant, it wasnt given anything and it rooted, i freaking cant let him die, i will do everything in my power to save him.

rost.jpg

i couldnt give him anything not the knowledge to care for him the way he deserves, no hydro nutrience, no air or even a netpot nothing cause i dont have anything or maybe, or maybe i do... the mac gyver in me woke up i even found him an airpump out of a rgb water tower. (must have back in 2010)

DSC01292.JPGtc.jpg

thats all i have for you little fella, a new clean empty coffee can, some hesi nutrience for earth a custom made net pot, water with the right ph and air (sry no airstone)

i read as much as i can to help you, try to survice till i get smarter...

and well he did:

bubbler.jpg

no no no ph 8.5 oh boy thats not good thats not good at all... sry i wasnt carrying enough, fresh nutrience with an unknow amount of ec, cause i cant measure that, but the ph is right again please survive, i buy you hydro nutrience i will.

the nex day i drove over 60 miles to buy some flora series for hard water, i rly did and she was thankfull for it:

bubbler_24.08.15.jpg

time went by and she growed bigger and bigger and was drinking the can empty in a day

bubbler_06.09.15.jpg

at this point i couldnt handle it anymore, she needed so much water, nutrience and time i just couldnt handle her anymore it was time for a new home.

bubblerupdate1.jpg

i even bought her an airstone and she loved it...

bubblerupdate2.jpg

what else can i say: that is how i fell in love with hydro...

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
hello everyone

i just want to share a short story how i fell in love with hydro, disclaimer im not a native speaker so please excuse my english sentences.

it was a hot summer back in 2015, i was a decent soil grower 4/10 i would guess, i was reading about so many things in forums and i even bought some books from stealth gardening stores in an underground garage with no labels on the door or signs (you cant make this shit up) anyways i was looking up to the big guys
posting pictures of plants i couldnt even imagine in my wildest dreams and then there was those magical "hydro" guys the gods of growing in my not so young anymore mind, i couldnt get my head arround this, a plant that grows in water, how on gods green earth is this even possible?

ok ok back to the story, i was making clones, the first i ever made, in jiffy pots (the coco ones) with clonex and after i was done there was one left, i couldnt belive it, f... well i cant count as it seemed, i grabbed a empty lavazza coffee can filled it with tab water or pipe water as we call it and put the poor cuttling in it without clonex or anything and then i put it in a shady corner of my tent without much light at all and then after some time i even forget it was there, i didnt look at it or cared for the clone in the can at all.

a week went by or two i really cant remember how much time went by but i can remember i was cleaning the tent, i removed the big soil filled pots and then i spottet it, oh yeah the cuttling well i throw it away, was in my mind, i dont need it and it might be rotten anyways after that long time sitting in the coffee can filled with tab water.

but the next thing i saw sparked an emotion, an idea the will to grow in hydro, this poor little bastard sitting in his rusty ass container doesnt want to die its a hero plant, it wasnt given anything and it rooted, i freaking cant let him die, i will do everything in my power to save him.

View attachment 135272

i couldnt give him anything not the knowledge to care for him the way he deserves, no hydro nutrience, no air or even a netpot nothing cause i dont have anything or maybe, or maybe i do... the mac gyver in me woke up i even found him an airpump out of a rgb water tower. (must have back in 2010)

View attachment 135273View attachment 135274

thats all i have for you little fella, a new clean empty coffee can, some hesi nutrience for earth a custom made net pot, water with the right ph and air (sry no airstone)

i read as much as i can to help you, try to survice till i get smarter...

and well he did:

View attachment 135276

no no no ph 8.5 oh boy thats not good thats not good at all... sry i wasnt carrying enough, fresh nutrience with an unknow amount of ec, cause i cant measure that, but the ph is right again please survive, i buy you hydro nutrience i will.

the nex day i drove over 60 miles to buy some flora series for hard water, i rly did and she was thankfull for it:

View attachment 135277

time went by and she growed bigger and bigger and was drinking the can empty in a day

View attachment 135278

at this point i couldnt handle it anymore, she needed so much water, nutrience and time i just couldnt handle her anymore it was time for a new home.

View attachment 135279

i even bought her an airstone and she loved it...

View attachment 135280

what else can i say: that is how i fell in love with hydro...
Damn what a story. Thanks for sharing.