Home Assistant for Monitoring and Automation

m4s73r

The Laziest
I get that in my humidifiers, too, even with using RO water in them. One of these days I'm going to cover the clear top cover with black film to see if that prevents it.
Mine has a clear water level strip on the side, I'll put a stip of black tape over it and see how that does.

The water from your dehuey is, by definition, distilled and has basically nothing in it, making it a prime environment for algae. There's lots of stuff out there to put in your humidifier tank to keep the green gunk at bay.

I used to use that runoff as the base for more nutrient mix and it worked out great.
I used to throw mine on the beds. Then someone suggested i put it in my humidifier cause i was bitching about cleaning the hard water build up. I just did a quick search and it looks like i can put a half teaspoon of H2O2 in with the water and that will help prevent a build up. Im going to start doing that.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Mine has a clear water level strip on the side, I'll put a stip of black tape over it and see how that does.

I used to throw mine on the beds. Then someone suggested i put it in my humidifier cause i was bitching about cleaning the hard water build up. I just did a quick search and it looks like i can put a half teaspoon of H2O2 in with the water and that will help prevent a build up. Im going to start doing that.
i'm still learning and takin notes