Help with planning and building room

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
He's building Hugelkultur beds, I think that comes with worms and compost and not auto-drip nutes. I think.
Oh yeah, that’s right, even better, drip irrigate your treated water then, minimal user input at that point, some seasonal mechanical adjustments and that’s that…if only it was that easy:)

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Loving the great ideas. I’m gonna have to look into gassing to make sure I don’t gas me or the plants. And this lung room concept sounds good too. I can’t wait to get this rolling. Many different routes to go. I wish I didn’t work so much so I could focus on this more.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Work was a long one today.
Ok here is how I would do this.
Grow room 1 and 2 would be flipped between vegging and blooming. I wouldnt put them on wheels as there's no reason to move them. Veg and bloom right in that room. transplat to chop in one room.
If plant count is not a issue id do 9 plants in each 4x4 bed. transplant from half gallon pots, veg a week and flip em. Each of these rooms have 2 foot around each of the long sides for trimming access. Breeding room is a single bed. Id run 12 plants in that bed and flip from 1L pots.
Propogation should be big enough for clones.
Oil filled heaters in the Grow rooms when lights are out.
Just playing around with layout a bit.

20x20 3x3 option.jpg

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I’m thinking three by three
Work was a long one today.
Ok here is how I would do this.
Grow room 1 and 2 would be flipped between vegging and blooming. I wouldnt put them on wheels as there's no reason to move them. Veg and bloom right in that room. transplat to chop in one room.
If plant count is not a issue id do 9 plants in each 4x4 bed. transplant from half gallon pots, veg a week and flip em. Each of these rooms have 2 foot around each of the long sides for trimming access. Breeding room is a single bed. Id run 12 plants in that bed and flip from 1L pots.
Propogation should be big enough for clones.
Oil filled heaters in the Grow rooms when lights are out.
Just playing around with layout a bit.

View attachment 107631
i think I like this design the most so far

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I’m thinking room will go here but I could extend it down to second green line or down to wall being built if needed 🤔
Hey Kev good luck in your endeavors Keep in mind the length and width of commercial equipment everything is in 2ft increments I used my eye when installing the walls and ended up being to short/wide 8ft drip pans etc. most LED lights all need 4ft widths if side X side i have to push one wall out 6" I wish I had thought ahead you never know what the future will bring you may not have time to make everything yourself

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Thinking about getting these raised beds. 42x42x32. They are nice and deep so I can cram the bottom with logs and still have plenty of room for dirt. 0EFD8C62-6F44-4E3E-BE85-3BF41B164F24.pngF89988E3-FAF6-4DD6-B047-C4B2FD6F403C.png

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I was watching a video and someone using the grass root beds said the soil was gonna out last the beds. So I figured these might hold up better and I like they are deeper. Yes they are expensive maybe I can find something similar but cheaper

m4s73r

The Laziest
1643903906473.png

For a indoor grow, this may be a little over the top.
I was watching a video and someone using the grass root beds said the soil was gonna out last the beds. So I figured these might hold up better and I like they are deeper. Yes they are expensive maybe I can find something similar but cheaper
Imo the beds will out last you. Now, if you put grassroots beds outdoors they will break down faster. But indoors, you'll be dead before you need to worry about that. They are very well made. Even better if you dont move them around.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
View attachment 107670

For a indoor grow, this may be a little over the top.

Imo the beds will out last you. Now, if you put grassroots beds outdoors they will break down faster. But indoors, you'll be dead before you need to worry about that. They are very well made. Even better if you dont move them around.
I think they will custom build. So maybe I’ll reach out to them and have them build me them deeper. I was originally thinking I was going to run with them