Hello with a Greenhouse

D

Deleted member 60

It's a bit tough to make recommendations without knowing all the parameters like siting/climate/etc.

And then there's the question...What kind of budget do you have for such a project?

There are cheap ways to go and expensive ways to go. For kits/etc....look at Farmtek and Greenhouse Megastore. There are also plans/videos/etc on the Net to build your own PVC hoop house. Again...places like Farmtek and GHMS have the 3-way and 4-way fittings/etc for such things...and the plastic to cover it with/etc..
It's a well worn path. It's also a path that brings it's own set of challenges...heat and cold being the largest...

What are your thoughts? There are a lot of ways to go.

D

Deleted member 60

It's a nice set up....but it was mucho expensive. That 16mm polycarbonate isn't cheap....and it was a kit..so we paid for someone else's time/profits/etc. It's been a learning experience, for sure.

If it were me I'd probably build a hoop out of pvc. You can size it however you wish. Buy good greenhouse grade plastic if you go this route. The cheap/Box store stuff disintegrates/tears/doesn't transmit light well at all.

It's a bit tough to make recommendations without knowing all the parameters like siting/climate/etc.

And then there's the question...What kind of budget do you have for such a project?

There are cheap ways to go and expensive ways to go. For kits/etc....look at Farmtek and Greenhouse Megastore. There are also plans/videos/etc on the Net to build your own PVC hoop house. Again...places like Farmtek and GHMS have the 3-way and 4-way fittings/etc for such things...and the plastic to cover it with/etc..
It's a well worn path. It's also a path that brings it's own set of challenges...heat and cold being the largest...

What are your thoughts? There are a lot of ways to go.
Have you purchased through GH Megastore? JW what their shipping is generally like? I bought some stuff late May that still is processing.

JaYMiTcH

It's a nice set up....but it was mucho expensive. That 16mm polycarbonate isn't cheap....and it was a kit..so we paid for someone else's time/profits/etc. It's been a learning experience, for sure.

If it were me I'd probably build a hoop out of pvc. You can size it however you wish. Buy good greenhouse grade plastic if you go this route. The cheap/Box store stuff disintegrates/tears/doesn't transmit light well at all.
My buddy was saying the same thing

SCJedi

Synergist
A hoop house is cheap and easy to build with some simple construction skills. If you want something pre-built and on the cheap buy an inexpensive carport frame (or two) and then line it with visquene. Your best best if you want the real deal is to buy a used one. I think my cousin bought a new Chinese kit that was 20x40 for $1500. Anything of quality should be 3x that price.

JaYMiTcH

This Little plant has been great haha. Pics don't do it justice. The buds are completely covered in tricomes. They're super frosty. I made a video but can't upload here. Weve had severe thunder/lightning storms all day. Super grateful ro have my green house. I dont know when to pull my plant though. Help lol.
These are screen shots from the video.Screenshot_20190708-202625.pngScreenshot_20190708-202733.pngScreenshot_20190708-202803.png