Hello Everyone!

GanjaSnake

I very rarely ever post anything, but I've been lurking online forums since they first appeared on the interwebs.

I really like the vibe of this forum from what I've seen so far. I recently discovered this forum and recognized several people from other forums and started poking around. I have felt that way about other paces only to watch them devolve into a complete shit show.

About me, well I've been growing since the mid 80's in SoCal. Back in the day I never knew what strain I was growing, I'd just pop bagseed and hope for the best. Most of the time I was successful since the bags were always the best of the best. Most of my early years were done outdoors but for the past 20yrs or so I've been mostly indoors. I don't have a lot of space, my veg box is 3' x 2' x 6' tall with a 250W MH, and my flower room is 4' x 4' x 6' running a 1kw HPS.

I used to pheno hunt until I found a keeper and then I'd just run that until I got bored of it. I ran ChemD for 8yrs at one point. But these days I prefer to make my own seeds and as such I rarely keep any one cut around for more than a year and that is usually so I can hit her with multiple males.

I've bought a lot of seeds over the years and have a nice collection of what I consider the basics. My goal when I buy seeds is to open pollinate, then go through the F2's to find what I like. I have found the F2 generation to be where it's at when it comes to finding something special. As such most of the crosses I've made are from F2 stock, not the original F1's I purchased.

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself. I may not post much, but I'm here quite often and really enjoy reading and seeing you guys work. It's amazing how there are so many different ways to get the job done, every grow environment is unique and amazing.

Happy Holidays All!!

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Welcome to paradise sir, im a socal native myself🖒🖒🖒 glad to see another x lurker like myself turned participant, its a good thing 😉😉😉 this community is setting a new standard for the online enthusiasts imho

GanjaSnake

While I am a SoCal native, I moved away over 20 yrs. ago and don't live in a legal state. Combine that with growing up in the 70's and 80's I am a lot more cautious than others when it comes to what information I divulge about myself.

That said, I love the fact people here actually talk seed. People even trade beans, I don't understand why other forums frown on that. I have a lot of beans I can share/trade, enough to last me the rest of my life it feels. Thanks for the replies guys, I hope to participate more now that I've 'come out', lol

GanjaSnake

One of my first grows I used construction lights and bag seed. You know the ones, the yellow ones on stands and they were halogens. Got some bud, but it was not epic.
Halogen, damn.... That's some heat. I never really did the indoor thing back then I used to grow outdoors guerilla style and prided myself on the ability to grow in plain site. Once had a giant plant easily 8' tall and about as wide growing in my front yard. The house next door caught fire, there were police and firemen walking right past it and never gave it a second look.

I would plant along the san gabriel river where I had easy access to water and could just bike down the trail making my stops along the way. I usually lost more than half my plants due to thieves/idiots or bugs/weather. But what I did get made me happy.

I moved away from CA in the late 90's and now live at 49 degrees north, I tried for a few years to get something to finish to no avail. I finally learned the only way to get what I wanted was to go indoors. I have to say my herb is of MUCH better quality for doing so. But I still have a bug for the outdoors and put plants out just to see what I can find that works. So far only Mighty Mite has ever finished outside on time. We usually get our first freeze in Oct, but some years (like this year) we freeze up in Sept. so it's not easy.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Halogen, damn.... That's some heat. I never really did the indoor thing back then I used to grow outdoors guerilla style and prided myself on the ability to grow in plain site. Once had a giant plant easily 8' tall and about as wide growing in my front yard. The house next door caught fire, there were police and firemen walking right past it and never gave it a second look.

I would plant along the san gabriel river where I had easy access to water and could just bike down the trail making my stops along the way. I usually lost more than half my plants due to thieves/idiots or bugs/weather. But what I did get made me happy.

I moved away from CA in the late 90's and now live at 49 degrees north, I tried for a few years to get something to finish to no avail. I finally learned the only way to get what I wanted was to go indoors. I have to say my herb is of MUCH better quality for doing so. But I still have a bug for the outdoors and put plants out just to see what I can find that works. So far only Mighty Mite has ever finished outside on time. We usually get our first freeze in Oct, but some years (like this year) we freeze up in Sept. so it's not easy.
I’m a little father north on the 51st. I think the only thing that’ll finish on time way up here are autos.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Welcome home. Can't wait to see some your creations you've been doing! Shed some light on your beautiful work you've been hiding...