Hard water recs

John2II

I have hard water , more copper than anything else that's notably higher . No issues with it . I'm wondering if there's anything to do in general for well water or just leave it be since it works .

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I have hard water , more copper than anything else that's notably higher . No issues with it . I'm wondering if there's anything to do in general for well water or just leave it be since it works .
Ro machine under ur sink. Anyone with half a brain can do it. Under 200$

John2II

yeah I use it for drinking water . this line doesn't go through it . switched to the straight well water since that tap is close by just to see how it went and nothing negative really .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Copper is a micronutrient along with many others metals. As long as there isn't too much of anything it probably cam't hurt.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think it also depends on if it is 'soluble' and the plant can actually absorb it. Not sure all the nomenclature or processes, but a lot of nutes are 'chellated' (some chemical process - don't care much lol) to make them deliverable to the plants via the roots.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For a better idea what you have going on there is usually a county office where you can get your soil and water checked. Get an idea ppm-wise whether anything is at dangerous levels.

John2II

For a better idea what you have going on there is usually a county office where you can get your soil and water checked. Get an idea ppm-wise whether anything is at dangerous levels.
That's a good idea .It's not been a negative for me , I just wanna know more on what's obviously increased in it .Maybe do a sisde by side with a crop using the well and one using regular water.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
That's a good idea .It's not been a negative for me , I just wanna know more on what's obviously increased in it .Maybe do a sisde by side with a crop using the well and one using regular water.
Different places have different mineral content. I'm in clay. The water blows.
Any plumbing supply house will offee testing. Of the county extension , like my brother said.
If U were running rdwc itd be a different story.... Soil I presume

John2II

Different places have different mineral content. I'm in clay. The water blows.
Any plumbing supply house will offee testing. Of the county extension , like my brother said.
If U were running rdwc itd be a different story.... Soil I presume
Soil some pearlite. I've noticed the buildup on my drop trays which is why I started wondering about it . Would like to try rdwc though

LordKoos

We have hard water here out of the tap which is what I use on the plants, but I have seen no ill effects from it. Luckily the ph is around 6.5, I'd be more worried about that than minerals in the water.