Gummy Recipe....the final (i think)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a hershey-bar type mold for budder that works great for portion control/easy filling, but I don't think it would work good with gummies - too thin.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have a hershey-bar type mold for budder that works great for portion control/easy filling, but I don't think it would work good with gummies - too thin.
I'm using the 2mL and 8mL molds from Magical Butter Brands. I don't see them on their site anymore, but you can get them through Amazon, and they are really nicely made. They are nice and thick silicone and they aren't all floppy like most of the molds you find online. I'll post the links below.

2mL Gummy Molds
8mL Gummy Molds

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm using the 2mL and 8mL molds from Magical Butter Brands. I don't see them on their site anymore, but you can get them through Amazon, and they are really nicely made. They are nice and thick silicone and they aren't all floppy like most of the molds you find online. I'll post the links below.

2mL Gummy Molds
8mL Gummy Molds
I have several molds, but filling individual leafs or squares in those molds is a pain. The hersheybar mold you pour in one spot and it fills the whole mold. Like an ice tray.

Silicone mini ice cube trays are also great.

I looked at worms and snakes but they are all tiny. I was thinking a large one that is segmented would be one pour, then dose it after it's solid.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have several molds, but filling individual leafs or squares in those molds is a pain. The hersheybar mold you pour in one spot and it fills the whole mold. Like an ice tray.

Silicone mini ice cube trays are also great.

I looked at worms and snakes but they are all tiny. I was thinking a large one that is segmented would be one pour, then dose it after it's solid.
There are some on Amazon where each worm in the mold holds 10mL of gummy.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nice, but I'm not sure about the double boiler thingy. If that cup is on the bottom your's getting mostly whatever heat the stove is set at.

I'd set a wire rack in the bottom or something.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Or you could use a smaller pot the cup doesn't go all the way into. It would just need a spoon or something on the edge of the pot to let the steam escape.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Nice, but I'm not sure about the double boiler thingy. If that cup is on the bottom your's getting mostly whatever heat the stove is set at.

I'd set a wire rack in the bottom or something.
I monitored the temp of the mix in the cup and it didn’t heat up fast at all. Probably because it has a thick bottom. The fluid at the bottom of the cup was still 95° when the water in the pot was 160°. It took a good while after the water came to a boil for the fluid to reach 150°. It actually worked out really well and the handle never got too hot to hold bare handed.

golgotha

Really Active Member
I get plastic bottles with pour spouts for cake decorating at the dollar store.

1 batch of candy will fill it twice and then just fill your molds. I prefer the 8ml so i can get them strong enough. I put 4 oz into 3 cups of coco oil and use 1 1/4 cups of that oil for a batch of gummies (105)

Another handy thing to use is a proper teflon saucepan with a pour spout. You can free pour from the pan or fill your bottles easier.
If you make enough candy this is very handy.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
I do it like this:
2 packages of Maynard’s gummies bears
56g of trim in a run
Purge then decarb the shatter
Usually end up with about 12-14g
Keep the shatter at decarb temp
Put the gummies in a bowl and microwave it for 25 seconds, then pour in the decarbed shatter, then mix, then pop it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds then pour into the mold and scrape off the excess into the bowl, usually not much, and good for a personal dose. I use the 20 block Lego mold. Then let them cool for about 8-10 hours, then I freeze them, popem out of the mold and dust with a 10/30/60 of corn starch/granulated sugar/confectioners sugar. If I want’em sour I do the exact same thing but use the sour twizzlers gummies and some citric acid in the powder mix. With this recipe you end up with perfect gummies every time, they’re all mixed up so they taste sorta like swamp water fountain pop. I’ve never had any complaints.