Grow Tent and Light Shopping

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Not sure on what dimmer will work on tgat driver. I just used the dimmer screw on driver and it was good enough for me.

I just bought a cheap multimeter and hung it on wall next to drivers. You can see how many volts your pushing to each board. The v2's wil max out around 35.5 volts which gives them 75 watts a board. Hlg has charts to show u how many watts ur getting outta whatever volts u adj them to.
Just the way i did it. Hope u get things figured out bro!

@MtRainDog has a good diy thread with those boards and same driver.
Good luck kev

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
And if you don't already have one, you need a multimeter. You can find them for around $10.

Out of the box my driver was set to 35.8, which was too much for the qb132's. I'm running at 34.7 volts now, so somewhat conservatively, but keeps the boards/driver cool to the touch. Like around 80-90F. Very cool, and still plenty of light. I might up the voltage just a tad as my plants get to the second half of flowering. But maybe only up to low 35's

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
And if you don't already have one, you need a multimeter. You can find them for around $10.

Out of the box my driver was set to 35.8, which was too much for the qb132's. I'm running at 34.7 volts now, so somewhat conservatively, but keeps the boards/driver cool to the touch. Like around 80-90F. Very cool, and still plenty of light. I might up the voltage just a tad as my plants get to the second half of flowering. But maybe only up to low 35's
Good info bro! Even cranked up those drivers stay very cool. The multimeter really helps to let u no where the volts are set to. I ran mine boards at max the whole time. The v1's wood flicker around 36.5 or so. The v2's wood flicker around 35.7.
So far from them boards & driver in your opinion, are u happy with em?
Even the qb120's and a lrs-350-24 driver is a solid setup for the price. 4 qb120's with that driver is only 20 less watts than the qb132s. 280 watts vs 300 watts. Both are very good options.
I thought of doing 12 qb120's in a 4x4 or 5x5. Like how both 120's & 132's dont require no heatsinks.
I new there was a special dimmer for the lrs drivers and the one u suggested is the only one that will work for them i believe..
But i like ur diy build with instructions. Very easy to understand and very detailed. Wishd id of had urs to go by when i did mine. Hell i bet i investigated for couple weeks b4 i started building my fixtures. So nice work dude! Now we just gotta get our homeboy HIGHKEV up and going.. 👊👍🤘

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Good info bro! Even cranked up those drivers stay very cool. The multimeter really helps to let u no where the volts are set to. I ran mine boards at max the whole time. The v1's wood flicker around 36.5 or so. The v2's wood flicker around 35.7.
So far from them boards & driver in your opinion, are u happy with em?
Even the qb120's and a lrs-350-24 driver is a solid setup for the price. 4 qb120's with that driver is only 20 less watts than the qb132s. 280 watts vs 300 watts. Both are very good options.
I thought of doing 12 qb120's in a 4x4 or 5x5. Like how both 120's & 132's dont require no heatsinks.
I new there was a special dimmer for the lrs drivers and the one u suggested is the only one that will work for them i believe..
But i like ur diy build with instructions. Very easy to understand and very detailed. Wishd id of had urs to go by when i did mine. Hell i bet i investigated for couple weeks b4 i started building my fixtures. So nice work dude! Now we just gotta get our homeboy HIGHKEV up and going.. 👊👍🤘
Thanks @Big Terps! I looooove these boards. Great light spread, stays cool, and more than enough light for my setup. My plants really perked up fast once they got under all that light.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Hmmm, those Phresh are rather pricey. I've used an old 6" VenTtech filter (same as iPower or Vivosun) for years. These are a lot cheaper than that Phresh, can't imagine there's much difference, other than Phresh claims it's half the weight. Otherwise, it's just activated carbon in the same configuration.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Anyone got a line on a good filter for a 4x4?

Shit is just as frustrating as shopping for tents.

I’m guessing either phresh, terrabloom or ac infinity but they all have mixed reviews.
I rolled with a ac infinity. Did the job I needed it too. Lasted 2 runs haven't got to see about a third yet. The g hydro on amazon looked interesting. Probably just grab another ac infinity next time. Cant see paying 300 a filter even if it last double the time its 4 times the price.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I rolled with a ac infinity. Did the job I needed it too. Lasted 2 runs haven't got to see about a third yet. The g hydro on amazon looked interesting. Probably just grab another ac infinity next time. Cant see paying 300 a filter even if it last double the time its 4 times the price.
What size do you use ?

That’s what I was gonna go with to until I saw the review about the size being a little smaller than 6”.

Just want a filter that does the job. You figure you’ll prolly be replacing it every year so I’m not really trying to spend a lot of money on it. I don’t want a cheepo either and have the whole place smelling like a skunk massacre

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
What size do you use ?

That’s what I was gonna go with to until I saw the review about the size being a little smaller than 6”.

Just want a filter that does the job. You figure you’ll prolly be replacing it every year so I’m not really trying to spend a lot of money on it. I don’t want a cheepo either and have the whole place smelling like a skunk massacre
I would do like a 4 for 2x4 a 6 for a 4x4 and up it as you go up. Their ducting is pretty nice as well.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Oh pretty sure you know but match that the fan size to the filter. With a 6 inch you need 2 inlets to move enough air if your trying to keep humidity down.
I plan on grabbing 1 if their fans to. I have a shitty in-line from Lowe’s Does the trick but isn’t the quietest

Thanks for the advice. I have a passive at the bottom of the tent for the humidity. Basically had everything set up except the filter. Just never got around to getting one. The old spot I didn’t have to worry about it as much as I do now.

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
No turning back now f series called me a pussy. I got to build this thing to show you guys how much of a man I am. It’s either I build or I stand up on stage and have finchy and @Hotwired poke me in the eye to show how much of a man I am.
Dude, maybe he meant it as a compliment. Pussies are fuckin tough as hell. I have pounded the hell out of one all night long, and I'll be dammed if it wasn't ready to go at it again the next morning. Between us, it sometimes scares me. But let's just keep that between us, i have a reputation to uphold.