Good read for those that are looking to start organics.

D

Deleted member 60

@Evergreengardener ....It's not a contest (or boast)....but if those plants aren't offering a pound per plant....sorry...just not the same thing as the "hydro" weight I was speaking to using UC's and 9K of vertical hps light in a 12 x 15 room. I've only hit a pound in soil indoor once (ECSD).....and it took 4 lights over that girl and 30 gallons of soil to coax it out of her. In my UC's...I hit a pound per plant regularly. So "weight" is far different to us all. I've grown indoors most of my 30 so I am very familiar with it all and I've never seen the weight in soil I saw in hydro. (indoors, not out) It's just the way it is. Most plants indoors are 2-5 z's...not a pound. You can bet on that if yer growing in a tent. (where space and light is the limiting factor) I'd love to see a pounder in a tent....that would be a sight to see. Anybody have any such pics or have such an experience under your belt??

We all approach this differently. I do the opposite of what @Ozjet68 does above. I only water the outside of the pot...all around...after transplant. (the root ball is usually already wet) GO GET THAT WATER BITCH...heehee......no pandering in my room. LOL. Ditto outdoors. I do all I can to keep the stem dry and push the roots outward. Just the way I've done it. As I say...we all do shit differently.

I reuse all my soil. The outdoor grow is on year 4. You DO have to buy soil and replenish....I think the bitches are secretly eating it....but that's another thread. My "testers" were place in new soil for a baseline....but in most of my grows I reuse the soil. This year in my outdoor grow I only used humic and mychorrizae in veg (7 weeks)...no ferts. There was enough love in the soil from last year's grow to just boom em along. I'm now using "Terp Tea" bloom (3-7-4) which is a super finely ground product that is all mineral based that you "brew" for 24 hours before application. It should put some long term goodness in the soil. That's my hope anyway. There's no way they are eating all of this product I'm slamming them with. Either way....they seem to really like it. Might be my go-to product from here on out. I love that micronized stuff.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
That’s where you guys across the pond are so much further ahead in what’s at your disposal . Yeah sure we have a lot of variations of similar products and sure elements are elements but I think the fact you guys are legal lends itself to the commercial targeting and customising of products to suit the demand of such an open industry . I look on in envy at your range of target products .

D

Deleted member 60

That's where our Governments seem different (in this instance anyway). There's little to no interference in what we can buy...even the products targeted specifically for cannabis in illegal states. I had a hydro shop 15 years ago. I only remember a few instances where the Gov't had a hand in forcing change in labeling/etc. Advanced @ that time (not familiar with their line now) had a "Bud bomb" product or some such shit and it had a visible pot leaf on the label. They had to change it... not sure what all was involved/etc....but I only got one case of that product before the label changed. But yeah...we have far too many products here. LOL. It's insane. You truly have to be careful (IMO) if you mix bottles because a lot of stuff is mirrored in both products. Same basic shit...different cartoon character/cutesy name on the label. Cha-ching. Talk about guys spending $$, holy shit.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Yeah I’ve been guilty of the Cha Ching syndrome as well until I woke up and thought why am I using all this shit ? I grew up watching my mother grow an award winning garden on only organic natural locally sourced material . Mainly self made manure liquid fertilisers and ongoing mulching .

D

Deleted member 60

There's no denying many of those bottled products work well.....but some of the gouging by separating out elements into separate bottles is insanely greedy. AN is probably the worst.....but many companies are guilty. It's crazy...and it drove me crazy when I had my hydro shop. fuckin High Times would showcase some new nute they got paid handsomely to exhibit...and then the next week they would flood in asking for that specific product.

I'd buy it...stock the shelf...only to see the next month it was something else and I'd likely be takin it up the ass and eventually puttin that shit on my lawn. Now you know why yer local hydro store guy can be testy and you think he's a dick...LOL.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
@Evergreengardener ....It's not a contest (or boast)....but if those plants aren't offering a pound per plant....sorry...just not the same thing as the "hydro" weight I was speaking to using UC's and 9K of vertical hps light in a 12 x 15 room. I've only hit a pound in soil indoor once (ECSD).....and it took 4 lights over that girl and 30 gallons of soil to coax it out of her. In my UC's...I hit a pound per plant regularly. So "weight" is far different to us all. I've grown indoors most of my 30 so I am very familiar with it all and I've never seen the weight in soil I saw in hydro. (indoors, not out) It's just the way it is. Most plants indoors are 2-5 z's...not a pound. You can bet on that if yer growing in a tent. (where space and light is the limiting factor) I'd love to see a pounder in a tent....that would be a sight to see. Anybody have any such pics or have such an experience under your belt??

We all approach this differently. I do the opposite of what @Ozjet68 does above. I only water the outside of the pot...all around...after transplant. (the root ball is usually already wet) GO GET THAT WATER BITCH...heehee......no pandering in my room. LOL. Ditto outdoors. I do all I can to keep the stem dry and push the roots outward. Just the way I've done it. As I say...we all do shit differently.

I reuse all my soil. The outdoor grow is on year 4. You DO have to buy soil and replenish....I think the bitches are secretly eating it....but that's another thread. My "testers" were place in new soil for a baseline....but in most of my grows I reuse the soil. This year in my outdoor grow I only used humic and mychorrizae in veg (7 weeks)...no ferts. There was enough love in the soil from last year's grow to just boom em along. I'm now using "Terp Tea" bloom (3-7-4) which is a super finely ground product that is all mineral based that you "brew" for 24 hours before application. It should put some long term goodness in the soil. That's my hope anyway. There's no way they are eating all of this product I'm slamming them with. Either way....they seem to really like it. Might be my go-to product from here on out. I love that micronized stuff.
Don’t know how I missed this for so long but reading through the thread, I’m not sure I understand what your getting at. I never said growing organic gets you more weight than hydro would, nor did I ever claim a pound off of 1 soil plant grown indoors. Most plants I pull down are about 3-4 zips not including popcorn ( I save that and make me some bubble from it) I don’t need a pound a plant but I can pull that from under a 600w light in a cycle so that’s plenty good enough for me

D

Deleted member 60

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth....I was just going off your statement "All grown organic and I don’t have weight issues lol" and commenting that...in general....the guys who grow in tents..in soil....organically...don't routinely see the same "weight" per plant the hydro folks see. No biggie. Just relaying my own experiences. (thus, the talk of 1 pound plants....in soil....indoors..) Good luck however ya do it

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth....I was just going off your statement "All grown organic and I don’t have weight issues lol" and commenting that...in general....the guys who grow in tents..in soil....organically...don't routinely see the same "weight" per plant the hydro folks see. No biggie. Just relaying my own experiences. (thus, the talk of 1 pound plants....in soil....indoors..) Good luck however ya do it
Don’t know why but I don’t see notifications for this thread.
I took it in no ill way my man. Oh yea hydro guys def pull more... I’m cool with that. My grows are for my smoke so all I seek is to do the best I can while hunting beans

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Dolomite, oyster shell and some epsom salt added to your soil mix will help you cal and mag issues, fuck bottled Calmag ( organic ain’t for everyone and isn’t the only way to grow) even the GH calmag isn’t organic. a good organic soil will buffer ph so no need for a ph pen either. If you run from clone it’ll speed up the slightly slower growing. I am water only no bottles and I just use tap water. I bubble it atleast 6 hours then just water and grow beautiful organic buds View attachment 70824View attachment 70825View attachment 70826
[/QUOTE/]
Highly oxygenated water is a prime factor in keeping a healthy plant. I've seen a lot of "plant smothering" in growers pics. That's what creates a lot of the deficiencies I see in growers plants. They are trying to treat a ;"symptom", not the "cause".

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

There was one guy in here @greenthumb256 took one of H's GG#4 clones in a SIP system came pretty damn close to a lb in a 4 x 4.
Do you remember him?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just saw that I posted here in September about the 'out of the bag' organic.

The recycled/sifted-for-roots soil is doing great so far. The plants I started that on are now harvested, cured, and are smoking - never an issue.

I think the microbial life built up keeps it cool, and i have yet to open a tub and find gnats - which surprises me.

I am still using new seedling soil and new bag soil just for the solo-cup stage now. Everything else is recycled, and I have enough that it gets about a 3-month rotation just fermenting before I need it again. When I harvest now, I immediately pop the soil out and check the roots. If they don't look beautiful it goes right out to the garden. (culling dirt 🤪 )

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I just saw that I posted here in September about the 'out of the bag' organic.

The recycled/sifted-for-roots soil is doing great so far. The plants I started that on are now harvested, cured, and are smoking - never an issue.

I think the microbial life built up keeps it cool, and i have yet to open a tub and find gnats - which surprises me.

I am still using new seedling soil and new bag soil just for the solo-cup stage now. Everything else is recycled, and I have enough that it gets about a 3-month rotation just fermenting before I need it again. When I harvest now, I immediately pop the soil out and check the roots. If they don't look beautiful it goes right out to the garden. (culling dirt 🤪 )
If you use bigger pots, you just pull the root ball out and stick another in its place. The microbes are already there ready to produce for the new roots. Keep a "cover of some kind" so the soil doesn't dry out. It keeps the soil active and moist in that first 4 inches. That's where the "magic" takes place.
Best not to disturb your soil after planting organically. Feed from the bottom 75% of the time
Note) I do take an iron "bull pin" and sink it into the soil to create air pockets for the roots to get plenty of Oxygen.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you use bigger pots, you just pull the root ball out and stick another in its place. The microbes are already there ready to produce for the new roots. Keep a "cover of some kind" so the soil doesn't dry out. It keeps the soil active and moist in that first 4 inches. That's where the "magic" takes place.
Best not to disturb your soil after planting organically. Feed from the bottom 75% of the time
Note) I do take an iron "bull pin" and sink it into the soil to create air pockets for the roots to get plenty of Oxygen.
I feed with dry top-dressing, so bottom feeding won't work for me. I am in 3 gallon pots, they are well rooted at harvest. Pulling out the root-ball is the whole pot. But I sift it through a half inch grid to get most of the roots (vegetable matter that will decompose) out.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Доброго времени суток .
Ваш форум мне показался очень привлекательным и перспективным. Хочу приобрести рекламное место для баннера в шапке, за $1500 в месяц. Оплачивать буду через WebMoney, 50% сразу, а 50% через 2 недели. И еще, адрес моего сайта https://burenie-cena.by/ - он не будет противоречить тематике?

Спасибо! Напишите о Вашем решении мне в ПМ или на почту shinaminsk2015@gmail.com
Твоя мать хомяка и ваш отец пахла бузины!

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I feed with dry top-dressing, so bottom feeding won't work for me. I am in 3 gallon pots, they are well rooted at harvest. Pulling out the root-ball is the whole pot. But I sift it through a half inch grid to get most of the roots (vegetable matter that will decompose) out.
I think EM-1(?) breaks your old roots down and turns them into nutrients your plant can use.
I use "Grow-Kashi" in my medium.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think EM-1(?) breaks your old roots down and turns them into nutrients your plant can use.
I use "Grow-Kashi" in my medium.
but that takes time, and I am reusing the soil sooner than I want to wait for everything to decompose. Lots of the little tiny root pieces stay in, Just no clumps of root-mass

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
but that takes time, and I am reusing the soil sooner than I want to wait for everything to decompose. Lots of the little tiny root pieces stay in, Just no clumps of root-mass
I leave the thin hairy roots in the soil. I really need a big 50-60 gal bin so I can keep enough soil for an entire grow cycle cook so it’s ready for the next grow. Then put the soil from the next completed grow in to cook and use that cooked soil to repeat the cycle.