Going to try mega crop in dwc, any advice?

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I'm using it just don't go overboard with the bud explosion
Here's my Heisenbeans Gg4 dwc using megacrop View attachment 56109
I'm using 5 gallon buckets, what would be the mid-range ratio? I usually run about 1/4 of the recommendation for the 3 part GH trio. It's been good, but I want to see if the MC is as good, or better. Other than their business practices, I can't complain about the GH, but there is their business practices.Screenshot_20200413-203324.png

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Is it pretty easy to mix? I will be using bud explosion with it. I've only used liquid nutes, this dry nute is new to me.
Mix the nutes in a separate 16 oz cup of warm water and add that to the 5 gallon then pH. It helps dissolve everything better.
Also adding my own Cal mag helps drop my pH to basically 6.3 everytime. Then 2 or so CCs of down for 5.4-5.5 read then top off for a week and rebalance to 5.7 if needed then swap out once a week.

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
Mix the nutes in a separate 16 oz cup of warm water and add that to the 5 gallon then pH. It helps dissolve everything better.
Also adding my own Cal mag helps drop my pH to basically 6.3 everytime. Then 2 or so CCs of down for 5.4-5.5 read then top off for a week and rebalance to 5.7 if needed then swap out once a week.
Alright, that sounds simple enough. Thanks a lot that is what I was needing to know.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Do all cal mags balance the ph or just advanced nutrients cal mag?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
GH Calmagic has to be added first so...i never checked.

Use bennies in your res or run sterile or you will have problems. Grab a big bottle of PH down

The problem with MC is....The PH swing up is BRUTAL. And if you are not on it you will yellow up your girls as the nutrients lock out on the way past 6.5

I use it in veg for anything in coco. All water systems are on AN trio and dyna gro for simplicity. I hate the slime.

It works for sure you just have to learn to use it right and less is more.

I did find with RO water and mixing 4g per gallon it ends up at the right PH for coco and is ok for water systems (5.8 to start)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Sterile is using peroxide or bleach to kill bacteria (and other stuff) bennies are bennifical bacteria which is the other way to go about it.

If we had access to hydroguard i would run that but peroxide is easy to get. I get 1 gallon at a time and fill up a 5 gallon water bottle with 3% and add 1 cup to every small res and 2 cups to every big res every 3 days.

28 to 30% peroxide is dangerous stuff. It will burn like you cut your finger with a razor...like a catfish sting but it doesnt stop until you wash it off. Its exciting! Proceed with caution. Always put peroxide in the bottle than add the water to get your dilution.

Pool bleach is way cheaper. 9 bucks treats a lot when you add about 12 grams to 1 litre of water and add 20ml of that to the res every 3 days instead. Or something like that. I have not used this. I do know peroxide is 2 oxygen molecules bound to 2 hydrogen molecules and it is unstable mixed in water. the 1 hydrogen molecule strips off and the byproduct is....water. (h20 instead of h202). A more natural byproduct than chlorine bleach.

I no longer have stinky reservoirs which was common with MC.

And if i premix a bottle of nutes that i am not using i add 1/2 cup of peroxide to the bottle and cap it. Then that bottle stays fresh for a week.

F series

Insanely Active Member
Sterile is using peroxide or bleach to kill bacteria (and other stuff) bennies are bennifical bacteria which is the other way to go about it.

If we had access to hydroguard i would run that but peroxide is easy to get. I get 1 gallon at a time and fill up a 5 gallon water bottle with 3% and add 1 cup to every small res and 2 cups to every big res every 3 days.

28 to 30% peroxide is dangerous stuff. It will burn like you cut your finger with a razor...like a catfish sting but it doesnt stop until you wash it off. Its exciting! Proceed with caution. Always put peroxide in the bottle than add the water to get your dilution.

Pool bleach is way cheaper. 9 bucks treats a lot when you add about 12 grams to 1 litre of water and add 20ml of that to the res every 3 days instead. Or something like that. I have not used this. I do know peroxide is 2 oxygen molecules bound to 2 hydrogen molecules and it is unstable mixed in water. the 1 hydrogen molecule strips off and the byproduct is....water. (h20 instead of h202). A more natural byproduct than chlorine bleach.

I no longer have stinky reservoirs which was common with MC.

And if i premix a bottle of nutes that i am not using i add 1/2 cup of peroxide to the bottle and cap it. Then that bottle stays fresh for a week.
I used to drink that food grade 35% shit

I had to stop cause doctor said it was causing abnormal penile growth.

Now I'm stuck with 16 inches. I fuckin miss being a smaller 10 inches.
Whatever though, 1st world problems

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Imagine people actually drinking it...WTF is wrong with you. Holy shit its hot. And it lingers on a plastic surface. It is unstable in water but on the jug it can burn you for 2 weeks.

They are easy to see...they turn white like paper.