"Germination Sex"

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
When are you able to tell the sex of your plant(reg seed) from "day one", day 2, day 3?
At what point in the first week of growth?
Anything that consistently stands out such as first sprouting, shortest, tallest, leaves etc.
Is there any science being tested?
Bro science ideas are "highly" recommendated on the subject.
lol

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Anyone noticed any signs in "regular seed" at least the first 3 days of the seedling's life yet?
You all would rather send a cut pc off? $$$
I try and spend as close to "nothing" as I can.
I'm growing a "weed" lol
Some of you spend 100's or 1000's on a single grow.
I'm not jealous or anything. lol
I still manage to pull off a 3rd place ribbon every now and then.

So far for me, it's the root system tells the story.
Last run, I missed one male, it was in the container with the little ruderalis plant.
I don't remember how far along they were. Less than 2 weeks I know.
I want to see the whole plant side profile as it grows.
That should tell me more about what is actually going on and if the differences in what I'm noticing is real.
Next chance I get, I'll rig up some small, "see through" containers and drop them inside another for total darkness.

And something else,
Bubbleman's World on youtube,
done a video, with close ups of seeds sprouting,
He explained some of the oddities that can happen as the seed sprouts,
Worth looking into, it might help explain some problems we deal with from time to time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have seen people regurgitating this idea that they can tell from looking at a regular seed whether it is male or female. Something about the shape of the rounded part of the seed.

The only people I have seen talking about it are ones that also claim to keep males anyway.

They usually say this after being asked if they would buy an expensive pack of regular seeds, then throw away the "male" ones before germination to save space. ;)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have seen people regurgitating this idea that they can tell from looking at a regular seed whether it is male or female. Something about the shape of the rounded part of the seed.

The only people I have seen talking about it are ones that also claim to keep males anyway.

They usually say this after being asked if they would buy an expensive pack of regular seeds, then throw away the "male" ones before germination to save space. ;)
They say that the end looks like a perfect round volcano, but I never put much thought in that.
I've seen hard, compact bud squash the seed so you couldn't go by that.
Maybe there is something to it, I don't know.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
on that end will be a perfect circle @Zaphod420 no variant on the rim of the circle
I believe 1 and 5 are females for sure.
Wolfman Jacks quote was
Baby, you got the curves and I got the angles. lol
The females I've notice over the years are a rounder/curvier seed and males are more pointed/ more angles. But it doesn't always work.
Maybe it was my 70's teenage stoner thoughts. That was 50 years ago. lol