Gallery for UGC -2.0

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
#281 again,
Clarifying intent that was stated in the other thread.
I dropped three reg seeds of unknown strain in the cup on the right.
If any are female I keep them and kick your collective asses with them :)
If all are male you guys get off easy :)
IMG_6577.JPG

THT

Really Active Member
Hello again my competition friends - Each year it is tradition that I pick a theme for my grow. Last year was the shotgun grow, this year the theme is...
"Can you spare a square"
Some of us may not last the full length of the competition - don't feel bad this roll clearly did not make it the distance either.
First up is what we'll refer to as 'the main tent' from now on - in here is the start of what will undoubtedly be many pheno hunts of my best Tangie and an Uptown brown male - tentatively named Uptown Orange. I pushed the seeds down into the wet rockwool to germinate cause that's how lazy I am in real life. There are 8 regular seeds in total, I plan to cull all the males unless something spectacular catches my eye for breeding purposes.

For this grow I am number 14.

20200403_180724.jpg20200403_180824.jpg
20200403_180844.jpg

Next is what we call the 'spare square tent'. Within this second tent I am doing another shotgun style round with a rather wide selection of strains primarily made up of freebies I have collected throughout the years of seed addiction. 8 seeds in total, 3 regs of which I will cull any males that show up, and 5 fems because I would hate to have one of those moments where I don't have any plants in the competition.

2X Regular Lemon Banana Sherbet X Sour Strawberries (my own F1 cross)
1 Regular Ethos Genetics - GMO Zkittlez
1 fem Good Buzz genetics - Gorilla Zkittlez
1 fem GreenHouse Seeds - Kings Kush
1 fem Barney's Farm - Crimea Blue
1 fem DNA - Tangilope
1 fem Cali Connection Black Kush
20200403_182725.jpg
20200403_182735.jpg20200403_182750.jpg

until next post, good luck all.
-THT

Opie1

Master Grower
51391CF5-587E-48D2-BF67-0A5DDCF40EDD.jpeg

Reg seeds-
2- Cowboy Cookies GPS
2- Paradise Diesel County Line Genetics
2- Dope House Shoreline Genetics
2- Blueberry Freeze County Line Genetics
2- BC Mango
2- Eagle Scout GPS
2- MAC x AAW
1- Bison Breath GPS
1- Peach Gelato
1- GSC
1- Sundae Stallion GPS
1- 4th Gear County Line Genetics
I went through all these and picked out what I thought were female, we’ll see.
Fems-
2- G13 Genesis
2- C99 Skunk Brothers Grimm
1- Forum Cut GSC x Birthday Cake Cannarado
724413E7-B55A-40F7-B40A-84205EBD512A.jpeg
4x4x7
315cmh
Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A&B
CalMag
ProMix HP

All plants will be started under 12/12 from the start, transplanted at approx. 30 days from solos into 2g smartpots. Good luck to all.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Letter carrier says
" No go "

20200404_031934.jpg
You may have noticed it is inverted,,,it is empty. My girl is a hound for that stuff.

I must stay steady in my resolve. Sour Tangie or bust. IRL
One day I will grow a whole room full of that stuff.
Not today.
As I am posting after the deadline, it looks like I may be sitting this one out.

pHup

Dihydrogen
Letter carrier says
" No go "

View attachment 55145
You may have noticed it is inverted,,,it is empty. My girl is a hound for that stuff.

I must stay steady in my resolve. Sour Tangie or bust. IRL
One day I will grow a whole room full of that stuff.
Not today.
As I am posting after the deadline, it looks like I may be sitting this one out.
Ain't been 24o since BP posted the video. Surely that was the starting gun?

baldmountain

Super Active Member
baggie.jpg

After 24 hours in a cup of water I move my seeds into a wet paper towel in a baggie. I could probably skip the cup and go straight to a paper towel, but this has worked for me so far. I know there are lots of ways to start a seed, but 24 hours in a cup of spring water, then 24 hours in a wet paper towel (add 12 hour increments if the seed isn't quite open) and the into soil seems to work well for me. I meant to add mycorrhizae but forgot. I'll add it when they go into the dirt.

Guy gets one grow under his belt and thinks he will be fine when he is being sloppy. :rolleyes:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After 24hr soak in RO water with a little h2o2, I use the method @J.James taught me.
I weighed the amount of soil then added 10% of that in water.
To 400g of black Gold Seed Starter mix, added 40ml and got it mixed well.
I put the seeds tail, nub, or just pointy end down with tweezers, about 2-3 seeds deep.
Then each cup got about 10 spray-bottle mists of treated RO (calmag, ph'd) to kind of seal the topsoil.
Into a propagator on a heat mat with a thermostat set to 78F.
I keep the water channels away from the cups full of water so when the heat mat kicks on the rH jumps up. But I don't want the cups soaking up the water and drowning the seeds.
Vents are all closed except where the thermostat wire goes through, and will stay that way until the seeds pop.
They are under an HLG65v2 18/6 from now until they hit the veg tent - maybe a week?
IMG_6589.JPG
Again, the other three aren't in the comp. They'll exit the photo's once everything gets spread out.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
J.James #221

P4040932.JPG

After Soaking my seeds in RO water for 24 hours, I got my cups ready to receive the seeds by first labeling them with the name of the strain and competition info. Then I place slits around the bottom of the cups for drainage.

When filling the cups I take care not to compact the soil and filling them 90% of the way with Roots Organics Greenfeilds

P4040934.JPG

I use a metal chopstick to make a 1-inch deep hole in the center of each cup placing one seed in each predesignated cup griping each seed lightly. If a seed falls short of the hole, I use the chopstick to get it to the 1-inch depth.

I will use a 1 gallon pump sprayer with RO water and .5 Grams of Biosis. I then spray each cup of mix with the purpose of closing the hole containing the seeds. Spraying at different angles towards the center of the cup does this quite well.
Now I will cover the cups with a humidity dome and place it under 3 DUO Clone Stick from Cirrus.

P4040942.JPG

I will also add 2 cups of RO water to the tray to raise the humidity rapidly.

P4040939.JPG

Last edited:

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Dam I feel like I should have done more than 3 now . Anyways my twinkle tarts / lvtk fems mixed pack all sank . Got em in paper towel now . 15860326713618696582493746635160.jpg
Whatever one looks the best I will keep her right under my 600 hps. Going for a four headed monster . Using half promix and half Coco w a little perlite and vermiculite added. I use a touch of wormcastings in the solo and use 1/8th strength of the recommended thrive alive (green bottle) . When I put em in the one gal I start w straight 6.1 water . I add two tbs of Dr earth homegrown. Then when I flip ,I switch too the flower girl.