Fluffy vs. Compacted Buds

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting thought regarding the protection of trichs.

Let’s debate it.
Does compacting the buds provide more protection to the inner trichs while sacrificing the trichs on the outer surface? Or maybe compacting the buds fucks up all the trichs?

My initial thought is that compacting the buds could help preserve all the inner trichs by shielding them from oxygen and light.
I think that if you have your weed in a sandwich bag, compacting it probably does help some. :)

If you have it in the dark and air-tight, without compacting them - it should have better airflow and allows transpiration as they cure. More surface area to allow the moisture in the buds to equalize to that 62% and do all the other curing stuff.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I agree that an uncompacted Bud is best during the cure. After the cure I think it’s different.

Let’s compare it to that brick of cheese in a baggie in your fridge. You don’t use it for a while and what happens? The outside is half dried out and half moldy. But cut off the outer surface, and the inside is still perfectly edible.

By compacting the Bud, there is potential to block oxygen and light from getting to the center thereby somewhat preserving at least some of the Bud. And even if the Bud is in jars, there’s still oxygen in there working away at you stuff.

This whole thought is just for fun. Not like that Bud is gonna last long enough to go bad anyway. But, something to consider if long term storage is necessary.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I’m not saying it’s right to do this, only something to consider. I was phishing to see if anyone knew anything about it.
I’m not saying it’s right to do this, only something to consider. I was phishing to see if anyone knew anything about it.
I am agreeing this is best for long term, if not long term , leave fluffy . I'm trying to answer you