Fluffy vs. Compacted Buds

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
dry ice melts...even in a styrofoam cooler. In a cooler in a freezer i think it will keep.

I like squeezing a key on it.....SQUEEEEELLLLLLLCCCCCHHHH

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
dry ice melts...even in a styrofoam cooler. In a cooler in a freezer i think it will keep.

I like squeezing a key on it.....SQUEEEEELLLLLLLCCCCCHHHH
1 - put dry ice in ice chest
2 - put cans of soda or beer in with dry ice
3 - wait for an hour or so
4 - (with gloves) quickly grab a can and chuck it at your buddy (or better yet your whiny ass neighbor 😂) 💀

dstroy

Insanely Active Member

Now1more

Super Active Member
I have been smoking my older stuff for 20 years. I just recently in the last 2 years. Should be another thread, but I am "super waisted' cause I smoked some "fluffy" flower I grew from seeds 10 years ago.
WTF has happened to this new weed? I get 1/2 way down a joint and have to put it out cause it is so harsh on the backend. Not enjoyable.
When i smoke from the "old" stock, I have to put it out 1/2 way down cause i am fuckin' high.
Only been smoking the newer strains for maybe 2 years. Big change.
Am I the only one?
Agree 100%.

After reading 4 pages I forgot what the original question is and I'm too lazy to go back and look. So, I'll highlight a bit.

Genetics, RH (end of grow), and light intensity are the largest factors. I've grown trainwreck Arcata cut a few times... always fluffy. God Bud would appear slightly fluffy, but were so dense that a nug would weigh an eighth.

Best cure for me is slow. RH around 45-50, wet trim, and hang in the dark with a little air circulation for a week. Then into the mason jars and burping a few times a day for about a week. I keep a small hygrometer in the jar. After that I burp once a day until I'm around the perfect humidity level. I should note too that I'll usually leave the lids off for 10-15 minutes a this point.

Now, onto boveda packs. Used them the last two grows and they keep the rh in check pretty damn well. But, but, I noticed after pulling out a jar from a grow the summer before last that it tasted better and smelled better. I think this harvest I'm going to skip the boveda packs and compare again. Not knocking the packs. Just an observation.

Now, back to what @NoWaistedSpace was talking about... I believe modern strains are become more homogenized in general. Difficult for me to articulate on this one, but we don't have a clue yet to all the different cannabinoids and terpene combinations, especially when you consider Plant A from Pakistan vs. Plant B from SE Asia vs. Plant C from Panama or wherever. We're stomping out components to find the strongest Gene's for what we're after whether that be disease resistance, yield, thc levels, etc. and, and, and... you get the picture.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Agree 100%.

After reading 4 pages I forgot what the original question is and I'm too lazy to go back and look. So, I'll highlight a bit.

Genetics, RH (end of grow), and light intensity are the largest factors. I've grown trainwreck Arcata cut a few times... always fluffy. God Bud would appear slightly fluffy, but were so dense that a nug would weigh an eighth.

Best cure for me is slow. RH around 45-50, wet trim, and hang in the dark with a little air circulation for a week. Then into the mason jars and burping a few times a day for about a week. I keep a small hygrometer in the jar. After that I burp once a day until I'm around the perfect humidity level. I should note too that I'll usually leave the lids off for 10-15 minutes a this point.

Now, onto boveda packs. Used them the last two grows and they keep the rh in check pretty damn well. But, but, I noticed after pulling out a jar from a grow the summer before last that it tasted better and smelled better. I think this harvest I'm going to skip the boveda packs and compare again. Not knocking the packs. Just an observation.

Now, back to what @NoWaistedSpace was talking about... I believe modern strains are become more homogenized in general. Difficult for me to articulate on this one, but we don't have a clue yet to all the different cannabinoids and terpene combinations, especially when you consider Plant A from Pakistan vs. Plant B from SE Asia vs. Plant C from Panama or wherever. We're stomping out components to find the strongest Gene's for what we're after whether that be disease resistance, yield, thc levels, etc. and, and, and... you get the picture.
And you can't forget, there is weed for "bubble" and concentrates and you got weed for smoking flower. Hard to distinguish which is which now. I'm breeding everything I bought recently is being bred with my older genetics.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
As a preface to this post - I'm high. 🤗

The OP was about buds being squished in your pocket vs stored in a crush proof container right?

Hash:

You use heat and pressure to activate the resins and produce a smoother smoke.

Genetics:

A lot of breeders I have followed tend to like having the landrace strains to improve their project. Like what we remember from the free-love days right? Old school

Storage:

If you get down to it, we didn't have Boveda packs back then, and few got moms mason jars to store weed in.

It was in a fold-n-close sandwich bag. There was usually saliva involved in re-sealing the bag - if someone was available that didn't have cotton mouth. Old school

It spent a good portion of it's short life residing in a pocket, glove-box, your waistband, your girls (or your) bra, whatever.

Conclusion:

I think as long as it's not for long term storage, flatten that fucking bud! 😎