Fluence Spydrx Plus

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
Show us all where the 2 lights in question have exactly the same watts & umols
Yeah thats my concern...i am not worried about the "build" part of it. i would ideally want it to mimic the PPFD output of the SPYDR or else its not the same. In the end the results are all that matter. If building one for a fraction of the cost will get similar results than that is good by me

Show us all where the 2 lights in question have exactly the same watts & umols
The spyder is 660w the hlg600 is 600w.. the hlg uses samsung diodes (spydr are quality Osram's) so the umols will be virtually identical. If you want to pay over twice as much for similar results, more power to you champ!

Last edited:

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
The spyder is 660w the hlg600 is 600w.. the hlg uses samsung diodes (spydr are quality Osram's) so the umols will be virtually identical. If you want to pay over twice as much for similar results, more power to you champ!
i definitely do not. can you recommend a source for the parts. I appreciate the info

SCJedi

Synergist
You might want to consider a strip build. Lots of good info here:
https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/ (Including links to parts.)

Arrow, Cutter, Digikey, etc. Just google part # and go with cheapest cost + shipping.

If you did a Slate 6 like mine get the V2 boards from HLG and you can either buy the Slate 6 from them with predrilled holes or go to heatsinkusa and pay just about the same price and drill and tap your own holes.

Meanwell drivers and strips coming from overseas may cost more than they did a year or two ago because of tariffs. Before you click "order" on any parts make sure everything is available. You'd hate to get all of the parts to realize your strips are on backorder.

JWM2

Horticulturelightinggroup.com
They recommend the drivers for there parts. Thats all I can say,
besides.....
The proof is in the puddin...View attachment 7104
Very happy @75°F and 50%rh. Even when the temps hit 80 this past weekend. I have em turned down
With quantum LEDs I try to hit 80-85 with a RH of 60-65%. That puts my VPD right at about 1.4-1.5. Plants love it. I have a humidifier and heater running on inkbird controllers to keep the conditions dialed in.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
With quantum LEDs I try to hit 80-85 with a RH of 60-65%. That puts my VPD right at about 1.4-1.5. Plants love it. I have a humidifier and heater running on inkbird controllers to keep the conditions dialed in.
Hmm maybe i should,turn mine up. Its hard with having a growbro I'm teaching the trade.
Ita like a symphony.

Lights on 6 am 40°f
By 12 noon 75-80° f. Ambient temp
Somedays it'll only get to 60, but i work and he sleeps til noon because of work schedule. So by the time,he could go in and makr adjustments its too late.
I am teaching him how to adjust the pot on the exhaust fan , intake fan, each driver, raise lower lights, move em, not underwater, not run out of water, staggered harvest, running autos with photos, and 9 plants in a 4x4, and just taught him the art of defoliation so,I hope he doesnt go nuts and cut off all the fans in early flower. Haha ita a learning process and im no Pro

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Speaking of these lights. As part of the alibaba purchase for my 240 watt flower light that coming i quoted out one of the 1000 watt fixutres they are selling. They claim Flouence etc but it looks more like samsung strips to me.

But 11 or 12 strips in the light. After i clicked that quote button they keep sending me better offers.

If i buy 20 i can get them for 475.00 (shipping in). I dont want any but wow thats a pretty good price.

2 of those would do my entire flower room but it would be a giant chacotic mismash which is more favorable for me :D

This is their light spec stuff. I am just amazed how the prices are getting to the 1 dollar a watt to my door price for COB/BOARDS/STRIPS

Attachments

JWM2

Hmm maybe i should,turn mine up. Its hard with having a growbro I'm teaching the trade.
Ita like a symphony.

Lights on 6 am 40°f
By 12 noon 75-80° f. Ambient temp
Somedays it'll only get to 60, but i work and he sleeps til noon because of work schedule. So by the time,he could go in and makr adjustments its too late.
I am teaching him how to adjust the pot on the exhaust fan , intake fan, each driver, raise lower lights, move em, not underwater, not run out of water, staggered harvest, running autos with photos, and 9 plants in a 4x4, and just taught him the art of defoliation so,I hope he doesnt go nuts and cut off all the fans in early flower. Haha ita a learning process and im no Pro
C2335CA7-A09E-433D-B68B-D937A2409A1D.png

Here’s my Pulse One readings. I keep the lower veg chamber more humid as that is where my cloning and young clones and seedlings start out before going to the upper veg chamber for extended vegging. Then once it’s to the size I want I stick it into the flowering tent that’s 5x5 with a FGI 700 commercial led fixture, humidifier, coop heater and fans connected to inkbird humidity and temp controllers.

I’ve got a 200 watt 6500k commercial veg led light running @ 140w in the lower veg chamber. A hlg 260 qb v2 running @ 200w in the upper veg chamber. And of course the FGI Lightpanel 700 @ 690w in the flowering tent.