First grow. Pretty sure I have to scrap it. Can you confirm?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't use a net anymore, either. I've just found that, if I cut the whole plant down, then by the time I get to the end of the plant to remove those fan leaves they are so limp that it just becomes a pain in the ass to manage. If I keep the plant "fresh", by taking one limb off at a time, I can just "snap" each fan leaf off by tugging on them at the right angle and fly through the whole plant that way.
When I decide to harvest, I pluck all the fan leaves I can while it's still in the pot. I'll let it go another day like that just to make myself wait :)

inthetrees

Nets are nice but they become a major pain in the ass when it comes to accessing your plants and buckets. I build my own frames which are reused every round but I but new cheapo nets by Vivosun and just staple 'em to the frame edges and cut off the excess. When it comes chop time I just snip the nets and chuck em afterwards.

The last few years I strip off any remaining fans and use a saw and cut the main stock. I run thick string from one end of the drying room to the other (like a clothesline) and use a branch to hang the entire plant upside down. Handy when it comes to indexing mothers.

Sorry to hear about the hiccups duder, but glad you at least made it to the finish line. As the other fellas were saying the pH and PPM pens are a must. Get to know your tap water too. I'm a huge advocate for running RO in hydro so you can build your nute program and know exactly what is in it. If you have shit well water they will plug up fast though. Allot of people overlook the use of silica in hydro. I always add it in during veg and cut it out when the bottle is empty lol (usually by early flower). You'll notice an improvement, but it raises your pH and can mess with your nutes depending on what you use so add it to your water first before anything else if you do.

Assuming its a Vivosun tent? Hit them up, they will set things straight. I've bought quite a bit off of them and their customer service is awesome for a chinese manufacturer. I go through amazon.ca so there's no dickin around on refunds or replacements.

Your light is also actually only 260w at the wall so those plants put on some decent size given the true watts.

Looking forward to seeing how the finished product looks!
-itt

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Nets are nice but they become a major pain in the ass when it comes to accessing your plants and buckets. I build my own frames which are reused every round but I but new cheapo nets by Vivosun and just staple 'em to the frame edges and cut off the excess. When it comes chop time I just snip the nets and chuck em afterwards.

The last few years I strip off any remaining fans and use a saw and cut the main stock. I run thick string from one end of the drying room to the other (like a clothesline) and use a branch to hang the entire plant upside down. Handy when it comes to indexing mothers.

Sorry to hear about the hiccups duder, but glad you at least made it to the finish line. As the other fellas were saying the pH and PPM pens are a must. Get to know your tap water too. I'm a huge advocate for running RO in hydro so you can build your nute program and know exactly what is in it. If you have shit well water they will plug up fast though. Allot of people overlook the use of silica in hydro. I always add it in during veg and cut it out when the bottle is empty lol (usually by early flower). You'll notice an improvement, but it raises your pH and can mess with your nutes depending on what you use so add it to your water first before anything else if you do.

Assuming its a Vivosun tent? Hit them up, they will set things straight. I've bought quite a bit off of them and their customer service is awesome for a chinese manufacturer. I go through amazon.ca so there's no dickin around on refunds or replacements.

Your light is also actually only 260w at the wall so those plants put on some decent size given the true watts.

Looking forward to seeing how the finished product looks!
-itt
You increase the light and you will notice a huge difference. I use 2 quantumn board kits in my 4x4 and it kills it,. Each kit pulls 288 watts from the wall. Unbelievable how big , hard and frosty they get I tried the vipraspectra years ago and buds were just fluffy. Now you con take it apart and modify it with rapid leds and cons which is what I did. I have a thread on it here

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Yours is a 600 so you will have 2 drivers. You can make this light 10 times better

Thedadjokeguy

Final Status update! In the Consuming phase now :)

Week two in the drying process I decided to harvest everything in to jars and try some.

I need to order 1 Gallon sized jars so in the next week or two when I add the packs to keep it fresh I won’t have to buy so many. I’ve heard people say 4 plants is enough? Well, considering I’m using a vapor and use an amount about the size of a single green pee this stuff will go bad before I could enjoy it all.

So! This brings us to trying it out. Last time I did this was over 20 years ago, most likely longer. During those times I lived at home and was worried that it wouldn’t wear off in time, parents would notice, etc. Last time I did it, lasted 24hr for me. So I never touched the stuff since. This is the first time I get to experience on my terms, no judgement, nothing to worry about which I learned plays a big roll!

I started on Friday with Jack Herr. Stuff is a tad on the green side so my assumption that it isn’t full strength as I didn’t get much vape smoke out of it. However it did the deed!

Concept of time slowed down huge. Five minutes would pass I’d check the clock thinking its 1am, nope only 9pm. Same thing would happen at 9:05 and so on.

It was slow to get started. Wave of relaxation on my neck and shoulders. After thirty minutes however it started to make it’s self-known in a big way. Any action that I performed that had stimulation/pleasure it would amplify. I started eating and it was an incredible wave of euphoric and other experiences I can’t really put in to words other then I get why people refer to it as “taking a journey” because you really do.

Watching the Outer Limits on prime that intro with the guy’s voice at the end really can trip a guy out.

At first I was scared, same feelings as before. Chest started beating hard. I reminded myself this is the plant thanking me for all the hard work and I have several days for it to wear off, so enjoy it. Which point I did.

Anyway, everything seemed to be amped up in terms of pleasure. Figured why not take it to the next level. Sex can never be the same again after that. That was insanely different. Every detail amplified. My thoughts were cutting out on me, guess a bit of over load as I started to have gaps in time and don’t remember much. In the end however that was awesome.

I woke up the next day, light fog but it was pretty much over. There were 5 Cup Cake wrappers in my man cave. I must have consumed them all that night, two per pack so I did on number on those lol.

Saturday after I took care of everything, in the evening I decided to test out Northern Lights. Honestly I didn’t much care for it. I don’t think I had a strong enough hit to get the full effects. But over all just mind fog, stomach a tad uneasy. Didn’t really provide any pleasing benefit, kept me up a bit as well trying to sleep. Will revisit with a proper dose on a weekend.

So far on the whole thing I can say it’s not something I seek out and look forward to doing. Just something to do when you’re bored, have time and want to relax. Sunday was one of those days. I didn’t want to try the other two kinds yet as I have no idea of the duration. So, I ripped on some Jack. Received the buss I wanted but wanted a little stronger. So I went a little crazy and vaped two more rounds of that stuff.

That was stupid. It was very powerful. I was baked big time for the duration of the night. Went to bed super late, about 3am (Last rip was around 7pm). All day I’ve been hung over with a fog like headache (still have it writing this). It’s been 24 hours and it’s still hanging in there. Glad I only intend to do this on weekends, mind needs a nice break after this.

Funny parts of the experience however is when talking to my GF I would lose concept of time so I wasn’t sure where I left off on the conversation. I remember asking her “Did I just talk to you just now?” And she said yes, my mind was blown because it felt like we only talked in my head and that felt like an hour ago. Lol, fun stuff. I now understand why stoners stop talking mid sentence and stare off in the space saying "woah" or whatever because I was there and get it now.

Next weekend I have some Cheese Exodus to try. I selected that because I have ADHD and was interested to see what that’ll do. The other is a full CBD strain. Suffer from pain and was interested to see what that would do. That's the plans for next weekend.

I can understand the medical value of what I’ve had so far. It amps of different senses like touch and hearing to me. I could hear trucks and stuff driving past that I’d never have before living there for over 5 years. With everything so jacked up (no pun intended) I never once felt or thought about the pain. Only real negative is I have a pretty loud ringing ear, Northern Lights Amplified the ringing making it less then desirable.

Plans moving forward after I try the rest. I’ll see where I’m at. Which point I’ll pick another 4 strains in that ballpark to zero in on what I like. However my current setup is more then enough for my needs. Only change I want is a new tint and to use RO water and meter. Outside of that, should be good.

Also will never do this on a Sunday again. The aftermath the following day is a bit much. Need day to regroup. Also to be mindful on how much to consume, I learned it's like drinking the more you smoke/vape the more powerful it is. I am using a SOLO II by the way for vaping.

Hope you guys enjoyed my learning experience. After next weekend I'll most likely be ordering 4 different strains and a month after that I'll have them and start the process over again, only with a grow under my belt.

I was going to post a picture of the harvest. But after three hours of cutting. I got lazy and just jarred everything minus the sugar leaves. So it wouldn't accurately represent how much I have. But if you really want a picture of that i'll upload it.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have the same issues, when I smoke too much, and it doesn’t take me too much to get too baked. You’ll be surprised by how long it will last if you seal it up well in jars and keep the jars in a cool dark place. I enjoy growing more than I do smoking so I always have way more than I know what to do with. I give a lot away as gifts to friends and family, too.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Hello all,

Thanks so much for the responses, I feel like i'm in great hands here. I smelled the bud samples I removed yesterday again today. Already they smell different, smells more like plant matter then what I smelled yesterday. I think drying, even just 30 hours removed whatever it was I was smelling.

Also during inspection today I see amber! I closely inspected these two days ago and there was none. I'm feeling a lot better after what I saw and from your responses. Attached are the pictures (be gentle, first grow ever). For scale they are about 5' and change high pictured

Edit: CBD, Jack H, Northern Lights, and something else I can't remember off the time of my head. I am doing broad spectrum Head,Body, 50/50head+body, CBD high too see if I like any of them. Which point i'll know what to experiment with.
Looks like the ppm is too high to me but hard to tell with the lights on pic. If your going by what the bottle says on ml/ gal dont. Its just a general recommendation. You usually use much lower ppm in hydro vs soil.
Also depending on strain if you are going to flush and run straight water you need to know the proper time to start flush. You also need to know the ppm of your tap water. Some have hard water with ppm levels at 400ppm my well water is 27.