February 2020 Photo of the Month

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Dam... Just came to the realization that even if I could grow my bud this well , see above pic. I still struggle w the pics . Does all the good pics come from cameras? I know a few do it w phones but this one above has to be a real camera right?
A phone camera can't really replace a larger sensor camera such as a DSLR. The larger sensor will always have an advantage in gathering light, which is kinda the whole point of photography. It's cut and dry physics. Not that you can't take great photos with your phone, you're just limited in capabilities with one.

That said, in capable hands, a pulitzer winner could be snapped with an old disposable film camera. It's 10% knowing the tech aspect of your camera, and 90% artistic composition. Learning to control things like ISO, shutter speed, aperature, focal length, etc., is easy, mastering composition is truly an art form.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Dam... Just came to the realization that even if I could grow my bud this well , see above pic. I still struggle w the pics . Does all the good pics come from cameras? I know a few do it w phones but this one above has to be a real camera right?
This is what I use. Got it for 65 bucks on Ebay.
HMX-F90 Samsung 52x zoom

1581622900649.png
@MtRainDog I just try to keep from shaking, hell with the rest.lol But then I'll get a decent pic and go to upload and there will be a damn hair or something in the pic. lol

Last edited:

curious2garden

Really Active Member
A phone camera can't really replace a larger sensor camera such as a DSLR. The larger sensor will always have an advantage in gathering light, which is kinda the whole point of photography. It's cut and dry physics. Not that you can't take great photos with your phone, you're just limited in capabilities with one.

That said, in capable hands, a pulitzer winner could be snapped with an old disposable film camera. It's 10% knowing the tech aspect of your camera, and 90% artistic composition. Learning to control things like ISO, shutter speed, aperature, focal length, etc., is easy, mastering composition is truly an art form.
My husband has a really nice Canon he got in the 1970s while stationed in Japan. He has taken some really good photos with it, art really. You just have to know what you're doing. I don't ;)