EWC top-dress with Coco?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I’m currently using a 70/30 blend of coco/perlite. I use Dynagro, basically following the “CocoJoe Dynagro DTW” feeding schedule with the addition of Recharge up until about halfway through flower and Mammoth P during early veg and throughout flower.

my question is, if I were to top-dress with earthworm castings, would I still see benefits even though I’m using Coco and Salt nutes? I know both of the microbe products I use have been tested to still thrive in volatile environments, but I have no idea how hardy the microbes that are in EWC are. If I were to add them, that would be my reason, not for the nutritional value so much but for the microbial value.

if so, how much should I top-dress with to avoid the EWC throwing off my NPK values?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’m currently using a 70/30 blend of coco/perlite. I use Dynagro, basically following the “CocoJoe Dynagro DTW” feeding schedule with the addition of Recharge up until about halfway through flower and Mammoth P during early veg and throughout flower.

my question is, if I were to top-dress with earthworm castings, would I still see benefits even though I’m using Coco and Salt nutes? I know both of the microbe products I use have been tested to still thrive in volatile environments, but I have no idea how hardy the microbes that are in EWC are. If I were to add them, that would be my reason, not for the nutritional value so much but for the microbial value.

if so, how much should I top-dress with to avoid the EWC throwing off my NPK values?
No idea man, but here’s a bump for ya.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I'm thinking EWC may plug up the "Airey" part of the coco. May be better to make tea and filter out the solids. Other than that it should work fine.
Turp,how long would you say bagged EWC is "good" for? I have a bag I used to make Aerated tea out of I've had for a long while...2+years. Last time I used it,a year or so ago,I know it was still "good" according to the reaction of the plants.

It's been stored mainly in a tote in a shaded metal shed. I think I might want to start brewing teas to use it up.

This is a good thread and question asked. I wondered if I could incorporate my EWC into my soiless mixes.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
It should be beneficial still. May have lost some of the stuf that stays in spore form or however it survives dry, any nutes will still be there.
I use fresh when i do, have about 4 containers with 10or so gallons of compost each. Brewing for next summer.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I'm thinking EWC may plug up the "Airey" part of the coco. May be better to make tea and filter out the solids. Other than that it should work fine.
You think this would happen even in a 30 percent perlite mixture? This is mostly what I was worried about, the drainage qualities changing.

Waxman420

I top dressed e w c and guano at the flip and I will not do that again. It seemed to settle in the bottom too fast and then started doing the overwatered anaerobic I then had to let it dry out and that seemed to make an already stressed plant worse . Everyone says just use 100%coco