Everything Ethanol

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
H
Im Soo stoked, once it's filtered twice it's gonna be golden goodness 😁😁😁 the filtering is what killed me last time takes too dam long through a coffee filter, the buchner with the source pulling on it is gonna be the game changer, second run doesn't even look like it needs the carbon it ain't green 😂😂😂
How do you use the carbon?

Last time I made oil, I took the alcohol wash and set the jar in the sun, which turned the wash red! I assume I made “cherry oil”.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I get 95% ethanol from a company called Maxill. Under 25.00 for a gal.
I've a lot of "quick washes" for no more than 30 sec a wash. Plenty of vids on that style.
made rick simpson oil years ago.
Oh, you can put DE under the activated charlcoal when you pull the vacuum filtration, Do you have a vacuum pump?
Is this what you use? Is it safe? Food grade? IDK just asking.... because that’s a lot cheaper than ever clear.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
I was just gonna mix a bit in with the wash, then multipass through the celite till it's where I want it, the washes I did were virtually no green, shit was coooold when I washed it

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Is this what you use? Is it safe? Food grade? IDK just asking.... because that’s a lot cheaper than ever clear.

I use 95% Ethanol and it has 5% alcohol from this company. I just get it on Ebay. you can buy what ever amount on there. More you buy, the cheaper i is.
It is foodgrade

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I havnt made any oil for long time.
My friend that passed away I used to make it for him.

I do make honey oil though from time to time. Use joints for bottle tokes.
Have a 12 inch glass Gangster piece that's awesome to make honey oil.
Last time I made honey oil I got a even 5er with 2 cans of butane. Not to bad I guess.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I refuse to use butane, I’ve always used everclear. I’m gonna try this stuff though
I bought a case of 11x Butane and never used 1/2 of it. I'm filling my Butane torch with the rest. You don't have to purge the Ethanol near like you do with Butane. Spray with a dash of water. Plus, you can "reclaim" the Ethanol with a "distillation" process or let it evaporate off in a pyrex dish.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I bought a case of 11x Butane and never used 1/2 of it. I'm filling my Butane torch with the rest. You don't have to purge the Ethanol near like you do with Butane. Spray with a dash of water. Plus, you can "reclaim" the Ethanol with a "distillation" process or let it evaporate off in a pyrex dish.
I just evap it off. But I only make vape juice out of my washes. I don’t dab. I do make capsules for meds.... basically RSO caps