Dutch Passion Durban Poison

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
April 22nd - Orange pistils and burgundy calyxes dominate as the flowers become more blockish, some with an almost flat top. The aroma is still mostly licorice/anise, but you have to really stick your nose in it to get a solid scent. Not a "showoff" in the odor arena, but that could change soon - about 10 days to go.

webDSC01228.jpg

webIMG_0600.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
April 26 -

The Good News : It's almost done and looks and smells fantastic.

The Bad News : It got a late taste of some rogue pollen from a Gelato_OG that sneakily went full hermaphrodite a week or so ago, so the buds are have small bursts of immature seeds. Annoying as all fuck, but whatever...,most of this is for concentrate anyway. My fault for not checking an otherwise immaculate and beautiful Gelato_OG (from seed) every day.

It also is sporting numerous nanners itself ( you can see at least one nanner in the bottom pic along with some seed heads), which I am going to gather to see if there is any viable pollen.

0426-04.jpg0426-05.jpg0426-06.jpgDSC01254_1.jpgDSC01255_1.jpgDSC01255_2.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
So even with the "unplanned pollen events", I still really like this strain. It makes an amazing dark red super-sticky rosin that tastes liker nothing else. It doesn't even smell much like cannabis. The high is crystal clear and cerebral, energetic and motivating, but it will definitely put you down if you partake in excess.

The yield was very good considering that it didn't even use all the space it had ( about 700g from less than a square meter) I was unsure about stretching, so went to 12 hrs. a bit prematurely I think with this first round.

So I decided to go another round, and it's looking pretty packed this time. Many, many more slender, long colas than last time. This is two plants:

Durban Pano June 18_0903.jpg

DurbanJune 18_0903.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
July 06 Update - It's been 18 days since the last update on this second run of Durban . The trellis is now straining and bending under the weight of the many tall, slender, slowly fattening colas residing in very close proximity to each other, like a stable of rockets. Stony, stony rockets. They don't get super fat, but the sheer number of them is impressive. To the extent I can, I have been trimming off as many of the remaining fan leaves off, but it's probably not necessary - they are pretty thin and very dry feeling, and don't make little humidity traps like fatter leaved strains can. The last batch had a similarly tight canopy and it didn't cause any issues.

About 2 weeks to go.

Durban 3_1078.jpgDurban Pano2_1076.jpg

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
July 06 Update - It's been 18 days since the last update on this second run of Durban . The trellis is now straining and bending under the weight of the many tall, slender, slowly fattening colas residing in very close proximity to each other, like a stable of rockets. Stony, stony rockets. They don't get super fat, but the sheer number of them is impressive. To the extent I can, I have been trimming off as many of the remaining fan leaves off, but it's probably not necessary - they are pretty thin and very dry feeling, and don't make little humidity traps like fatter leaved strains can. The last batch had a similarly tight canopy and it didn't cause any issues.

About 2 weeks to go.

View attachment 95508View attachment 95509
Nice job man! Colas everywhere...
Love the fact that u might havta veg a lil longer, but end up with big huge plants. That's how i perfer growing but having the space to do so is key..
Cool stuff👍