Dutch Passion Durban Poison

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Trying out this strain for the first time. I know it's not the same as the landrace, but am still curious to see if the taste and potency are unique enough to justify doing another round. It's supposed to finish in 8 weeks, which looks likely so far - it's only been on 12 hrs. for 9 days and is already making small groups of pistils.

This is a mother from seed - I took some clones a few weeks ago which rooted very quickly and without fuss. It was vegged for 3 or 4 weeks. ( I lost track, sorry!). It's in coco/perlite, handfed so far. It's looking less indica-like and more sativa-like as it goes into flower, with narrowing leaves replacing the somewhat wider leaves it sported in veg.

Here it is on it's last day of 18 hrs.:
Dutch Durban Poison Veg Stage Mar2 2021.jpg

Here it is on March 07 after some training and leaf removal ( two images)
Durban Posion Tied Down March 7 Flowered March 3 2.jpg

Durban Posion March 7 Flowered March 3.jpg

And here it is on March 11, only 4 days later. Pretty good job of filling in! (two images)

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

Dutch Passion Durban Poison- Link to Dutch Passion's Webpage on this strain

Will update in a week or less. Cheers!

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Not bad at all
Thanks! I know this isn't a very exciting strain compared to all of the amazing new strains breeders like yourself are producing, but I was always curious about the Durban hybrid strains, and hope to try the landrace if I have the time. I was surprised at the really strong veg growth this has, outpacing everything that was cloned at the same time. The growth formation and rubbery branches make it easy to shape into a canopy. I like how it kind of switches up to narrower sativa-like leaves as it goes into flower, helping keep the canopy open a bit without a lot of leaf removal.

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
April 12 Fattening up nicely with bursts of magenta and purple calyxes, and clusters of orange pistils. Aroma is still mostly anise becoming more complex and slightly sweet. End buds are mostly in the 2" diameter range and longish. Fascinating strain to grow.Durban Poison April 12 IMG_0558.jpg

Next one in training mode. This one is going to fill the trellis much better. Not knowing how much it would stretch, I went to 12 hr. a bit too soon last time for this setup. SCROGing a bunch of these would be insanely productive - very easy to bend the branches to fill every space available if you take the time every 2 days to lollipop and bend, while removing lots of shade leaves.

webIMG_0563.jpg

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
April 12 Fattening up nicely with bursts of magenta and purple calyxes, and clusters of orange pistils. Aroma is still mostly anise becoming more complex and slightly sweet. End buds are mostly in the 2" diameter range and longish. Fascinating strain to grow.View attachment 88379

Next one in training mode. This one is going to fill the trellis much better. Not knowing how much it would stretch, I went to 12 hr. a bit too soon last time for this setup. SCROGing a bunch of these would be insanely productive - very easy to bend the branches to fill every space available if you take the time every 2 days to lollipop and bend, while removing lots of shade leaves.

View attachment 88381
Dam bro, that shit is nice. Love how clean everything is too. Well done!