DOGPATCH USA

Romeo Scragg

I have no idea if SkunkVA is even aware of the reference but as soon as I read that he had named a cross "Dog Patch" I was reminded of that great Hollywood musical adapted from the broadway play taken from the pages of America's funny papers; Lil' Abner. (never heard of it? just google my name). The movie was made a couple of years before I was born back in the dark ages. Back in those days there was very little content for the networks to show so by the time I was a little boy it was a regular on TV late movies. Watching that magical musical was the very first time that I remember being acutely aware of the wonderful differences between boys and girls. Daisy Mae, Moonbeam Mcswine, Stupefying Jones, all citizens of Dog Patch USA.These were my first fantasy girls.
So, .... anyway Lucky Dog has inspired me to pollen chuck my own Dog Patch USA. I just chucked my first pollenses.
Original Bruce Banner (Dark horse) x Dog Patch = Lil Abner
Boss Hog (Cali Connection) x Dog Patch = Mammy Yokum
GrandPa's stash (Ethos) X DogPatch = Pappy Yokum.
Kandy Kush (Nirvana) X Dog Patch = Daisy Mae

Coming soon.... Dog Patch X chemmy Jones (Connoisseur genetics) = Stupefying Jones. ( you really gotta see Julie Newmar as Stupefying ....she is.)
Dog patch x NL2 (Authentic genetics) = Wolf Gal

cheesy? sure but more to come. DogPatch USA has many more awesome characters and names. for instance the only local industry is The SKONK WORKS which collects dead skunks and manufactures "skonk oil" the fumes from which kill several Dog Patch residents every year. Then there's Monsoon Mcgoon (the world's dirtiest rassler), General Bull Moose, Apassionata von Climax, marrying sam, Sadie Hawkins, lonesome polecat, evil eye flegal, yokumberry tonic......it goes on and on. Lil Abner was the best thing in the funny papers for 40 years. I'll be occupied and entertained with this for years to come. Free seeds for brave souls soon😜

Then there's Monsoon Mcgoon (the world's dirtiest rassler), General Bull Moose, Apassionata von Climax, marrying sam, Sadie Hawkins, lonesome polecat, evil eye flegal, yokumberry tonic......it goes on and on. Lil Abner was the best thing in the funny papers for 40 years. I'll be occupied and entertained with this for years to come.
Free seeds for brave souls soon😜
doc-im-your-huckleberry.gif
Oi Romeo, you are straight up chucking with some very nice cultivars. Mammy Yokum sounds particular tasty imho 🤤
GL on your chuck and please keep us posted on how it turns out! (y)

Romeo Scragg

View attachment 114809
Oi Romeo, you are straight up chucking with some very nice cultivars. Mammy Yokum sounds particular tasty imho 🤤
GL on your chuck and please keep us posted on how it turns out! (y)
Mammy is the badass of dogpatch I hope my favorite bosshog can live up to her. I'm looking forward to yokumberry tonic and Kickapoo joy juice they'll probably have some Goodshit (CSI) and ghost train Haze (rare dankness) involved.

Mammy is the badass of dogpatch I hope my favorite bosshog can live up to her. I'm looking forward to yokumberry tonic and Kickapoo joy juice they'll probably have some Goodshit (CSI) and ghost train Haze (rare dankness) involved.
Right on man (y) and Rare Dankness Starkiller is still(to me) one of the best strains I have ever smoked... If it didn't hermi so badly every time I grow it I would still probably have a cut of it going somewhere.

Last edited:

Romeo Scragg

Right on man (y) and Rare Dankness Starkiller is still(to me) one of the best strains I have every smoked... If it didn't hermi so badly every time I grow it I would still probably have a cut of it going somewhere.
I just grew out 2 GTH fems one was clearly superior to the other in all ways. She's my current favorite but she doesn't like to clone for me. I've got 3 more seeds to work through.

Romeo Scragg

I just got his Road Dog cured and it is very nice.
I haven't gotten that one yet. I kept karma's road dawg around for a couple of years. Great potency and smell, terrible yield. I know they have little to nothing in common but that's my only excuse for not including road dog in my first batch of lucky dog varieties.

Romeo Scragg

I got some surprise additions to my dog patch this month. A haze x NL2 male clone I was saving decided to flower under 24hour florescent light and gave me plenty of new toys. I've dog patch x hazenl2
Ghost train haze x hazenl2
Boss Hogg x hazenl2@
Since I haven't even seen a hazenl2 female yet I've no idea what to expect but didn't a lot of the elites come from happy accidents?

Romeo Scragg

Over the last few years I've collected more over priced, over hyped seeds than I'm likely to pop in my life time. Why I would bother making more..... well I don't remember what I was thinking at the time but that's what I did.
I had the next year planned out but now I've got these unexpected dog patch x haze nl2 seeds. That haze NL2 male was the most vigorous growing and cloning plant I've ever had. It had a beautiful strong structure. It broke my heart when I figured out it wasn't a girl. It flowered under 24 hours of light. I don't know if that's good or not. (Anyone?) But I've decided to leave a fortune in the fridge for now and try a few of these. If I find anything special I'll call her wolf gal. She was a feral inhabitant of DogPatch.

Romeo Scragg

I've grown out a few interesting girls from the dogpatch x nlhaze nothing special yet.

This is a home girl I'm about to take down from my one and only successful "breeding project". My home girl started life nearly 20 years ago as a special ak48 from Nirvana with a crazy fruity wine smell. She was accidentally pollinated with a white widow from Nirvana. I found a favorite in those seeds and kept her around for years.
My first ever pollination on purpose was crossing that girl to an OG chem from connoissuer genetics.

This is one of those girls from 8 year old seeds 1000000301.jpg