Do you play video games?

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Drift vr. Is fun but waiting till vr gets better and I Want a steering wheel mounted to a spare car seat so bad. Got grownup shit to pay for though. I never really watched "tv" even as a kid besides sports and nat geo. Today... I get nauseous in 5 seconds watching it. That being said I do like video games. They are interactive, challenging, and some have amazing stories.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
No overwatch for me. I'm too old to play something that requires fast reflexes. But Flower and Journey look interesting. I'll have to check them out.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I stopped playing games back in HS, around the PS1 and N64 days. Getting back a little into it now on the PC.

RPG’s are more my speed. Playing Skyrim now, Witcher 3 probably next. Also can’t wait to pick up Cyberpunk 2077

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I stopped playing games back in HS, around the PS1 and N64 days. Getting back a little into it now on the PC.

RPG’s are more my speed. Playing Skyrim now, Witcher 3 probably next. Also can’t wait to pick up Cyberpunk 2077
Witcher 3 was one of my favorite games all time. Never played the previous ones but its good. I'm waiting on the last of us 2.

Vee

Ancient Member
2mins. Some ancient tokers may remember the old Valve game Halflife? (1998)
Released March 2020 is Valves latest FPS in VR size is a huge 55Gb be warned
I suspect the size is to discouraged pirating, typical these days
Five years prior to Gordon Freeman's arrival to City 17, Alyx (Ozioma Akagha) and Eli Vance (James Moses Black) are on a mission to steal a reactor from the Combine. However, Eli catches sight of a strange structure in City 17's Quarantine Zone, which triggers a massive manhunt by the Combine that results in the capture of both Alyx and Eli. Another Resistance member, Russell (Rhys Darby), manages to rescue Alyx and warns her that the Combine will transport Eli to Nova Prospekt for interrogation. Taking a pair of Gravity Gloves from Russell, Alyx ventures into the Quarantine Zone to intercept the train carrying Eli. Along the way, she meets an eccentric Vortigaunt (Tony Todd) that warns her Eli will die in the future.

After making her way through the Quarantine Zone, Alyx is able to derail the train. The Vortigaunt rescues Eli from the wrecked train and Eli warns Alyx that while in custody, he learned that the Combine are storing a superweapon called the "Vault" in the Quarantine Zone. He instructs Alyx to find the Vault and steal it before the Combine can move it to a safer location. On her way, she helps a human survivor Larry (Rich Sommer) defeat a mutated alien monster nicknamed "Jeff". She then descends into a network of Antlion tunnels. Eli then gets into contact with Alyx and warns her that the Vault isn't a weapon, but is in fact containing something that even the Combine fears. Alyx continues on, reasoning that whatever is inside can help them fight the Combine.

Upon getting closer to the Vault, Alyx overhears a Combine scientist (Kim Dickens) say the Vault contains a survivor of Black Mesa. Eli believes that Gordon Freeman is being held within the Vault, and tells Alyx it is of utmost importance that he is freed. Alyx fights her way through the Combine security forces and enters the Vault. Inside, she finds a high tech cell and opens it, but instead of finding Gordon, she ends up releasing the G-Man (Michael Shapiro) from Combine imprisonment. The G-Man thanks Alyx for freeing him, and offers his services. Alyx asks for the removal of the Combine from Earth, but the G-Man replies that request is beyond his power to achieve. However, the G-Man instead offers Alyx the chance to save Eli, and shows her the future event where Eli is killed by a Combine Advisor. Alyx uses her Gravity Gloves to kill the Advisor, saving Eli and changing his fate. However, the G-Man then points out that Alyx has proved herself capable of replacing Gordon, who the G-Man has grown dissatisfied with due to Gordon being unable or unwilling to carry out his given mission. The G-Man then leaves, trapping Alyx in stasis.

In a post-credits scene, Gordon regains consciousness in the Resistance's White Forest base and finds Eli alive from the Advisor attack but Alyx missing. Eli becomes furious when he realizes that the G-Man must have taken her. The G-Man can be seen watching from the far left of the warehouse. Dog arrives with Gordon's crowbar, which Eli returns to Gordon and tells him that they "have work to do.
Reception back in March 20 was huge many bitching about the need for a VR unit
and I still say the game could have been just as good at 9.75Gb
another gamemaker trying to future proof his product? note Language selection is poor

Vee

Ancient Member
See the real issue here is the game makers just don't have enough 'life' experience
shit goes down and you are expected to play a 'role' that sux
Tho in just a Demo for now,
"A 'real' drug dealer won't do this .....!"
comes to mind many times playing this under 18 favorite
I know I've been doing 'it for over 40 years now ....lol
6/10:
Thief Simulator please, any day thanks