Dawg Lemons by Greenpoint

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
BUT WAIT THERE"S MORE...

Not to be forgotten, from across the aisle, sister of Big Dawg Lemons, and just in time for Christmas.......LITTLE DAWG LEMONS!

This pheno was a much more manageable height in the end, even though the veg stage was super crowded. Really nice apparent resin and aroma.
10 weeks on the nose.

Little Dawg preharvest.jpg

Little Dawg 2 Xmas.jpg

Little Dawg Xmas.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Well here's something I've never seen. While wet trimming the Little Dawg: what appears to be a moldy ladybug, surrounded by clean frostiness. Kind of suggests that an excess of ladybugs may not be a good thing.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well here's something I've never seen. While wet trimming the Little Dawg: what appears to be a moldy ladybug, surrounded by clean frostiness. Kind of suggests that an excess of ladybugs may not be a good thing.
Be cool if you could do microscopy - is that mold or some kind of fungal growth it picked up on the ground?

On the Lemon Tree - I'm way too high, but I have grown the S1 from @Heisenbeans several times on my thread (link in sig) I only got one lemon-lemon, but all I have grown have been delicious, frosty, sticky fire.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Really high, like I said LOL. I meant to add that the latest one was like butterscotch/caramel candy. Before that was just a generally bland/sour one, but all packed a punch and have another going now. I was hoping he would drop another set of S1's but I know that would require him wanting to re-stock all his lemon crosses. I got a pack of Lemon Tree regs from 707 - which means I may or may not have it there either so I should probably open pollenate those or at a minimum do a mom-hunt. I would prefer the S1's. If it's a good strain all around the different phenos just provide variety.

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
On the Lemon Tree - I'm way too high, but I have grown the S1 from @Heisenbeans several times on my thread (link in sig) I only got one lemon-lemon, but all I have grown have been delicious, frosty, sticky fire.
I meant to add that the latest one was like butterscotch/caramel candy. Before that was just a generally bland/sour one, but all packed a punch and have another going now. I was hoping he would drop another set of S1's but I know that would require him wanting to re-stock all his lemon crosses. I got a pack of Lemon Tree regs from 707 - which means I may or may not have it there either so I should probably open pollenate those or at a minimum do a mom-hunt. I would prefer the S1's. If it's a good strain all around the different phenos just provide variety.
Awesome. Thanks for all this info!

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
K, cool - what does it mean? :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
Guess it's a thing. Thanks for inspiring this Christmas Research Project. Now you can get back to getting high. 🤣

Ladybugs don’t get fleas— but these labouls are the closest thing. They are blood-sipping parasites that form small colonies on the backs and bellies of ladybugs. With the naked eye they can be mistaken for plant pollen. Mordecai Cubitt Cooke, an early popularizer of fungi, dubbed them “Beetle Hangers” for their weird hook- or club-like appearance (Cooke 1892).

Beetle hangers belong to a diverse and surprisingly host-specific group of fungi, the Laboulbeniales.

Now we’ve met a nuisance fungus and a helpful bioweapon, but every story needs a villain. If you’re sick of ladybugs getting into your wine and your house, here’s a fungus to kill them. Beauveria is a genus of molds that kills bugs. Various strains of Beauveria have been developed as biological controls of pest insects. Maybe we can find a strain perfect for killing off ladybugs who’ve overstayed their welcome, as Roy and colleagues (2008) suggest. These fungi don’t have to be injected or “inhaled,” they have the ability to drill their way into a ladybug and eat its insides (luckily they don’t eat me or you). Then they burst gloriously forth and grow the deceased ladybug a fuzzy white jacket.