Dawg Lemons by Greenpoint

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
This should be fun! This is an unfeminized strain. Soaked 6 on 7/11, they all sprouted the next day, and we are off and running.

The description from the Greenpoint site:

"Dawg Lemons is a hardy Sativa-dominant cannabis strain that combines Lemon Tree and Stardawg. This variety produces big, frosty buds that offer a skunky, citrusy fragrance, and a wonderfully exhilarating high"

Dawg Lemons 7 11.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Update on this rather slow moving project: 2 phenos are underway doing the 18 hour thing, maybe for a little longer this time as these phenos are pretty squat with short internodes. These didn't seem to like the usual dosage of nitrogen I was using but am getting that dialed in now.

Pheno #2. The squattest of the two:

Dawg Lemons Pheno 2 Sept 30 1.jpg

Pheno #1 recovering from getting bent all to hell and de-leafed a few days ago:

Dawg Lemons Pheno 1 Sept 30 1.jpg

Update on this rather slow moving project: 2 phenos are underway doing the 18 hour thing, maybe for a little longer this time as these phenos are pretty squat with short internodes. These didn't seem to like the usual dosage of nitrogen I was using but am getting that dialed in now.

Pheno #2. The squattest of the two:

View attachment 120256

Pheno #1 recovering from getting bent all to hell and de-leafed a few days ago:

View attachment 120257
THICK & Bud sites galore! Subscribed & good luck with them the rest of the way Choco8. (y)
DGBG.gif

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
I wasn't going to post this because this "test" plant of the mother of the number #1 pheno is pretty funky looking because it had it's light period interrupted several times as well as living a rough life being moved all over the damn place.
As a result, the buds are a bit "confused" at the moment, to say the least, full of weird leaflets. Do love the aroma, very lemony and zingy.

NOT my best work, just keeping this going to get an idea of what is coming WITHOUT the leafy crap. Looks like a lot of long and slender colas are in the forecast!

Dawg Lemons Test Plant 1.jpg so the buds

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Second round of bending + leaf and shoot removal done. Really staying after this because it shades itself pretty badly with those big honking leaves right over the growing shoots. Using a bloom solution now but still in 18. The main stem is kind of brittle so it has to be wired in good shape at the crotches to avoid breakage when bent.

Dawg Lemons Second Bend Sept 30.jpg

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Second round of bending + leaf and shoot removal done. Really staying after this because it shades itself pretty badly with those big honking leaves right over the growing shoots. Using a bloom solution now but still in 18. The main stem is kind of brittle so it has to be wired in good shape at the crotches to avoid breakage when bent.

View attachment 120272
Fuck ya!!!……tie that bitch out……if she gets to thick by the next time you tie her out don’t be. Afraid to remove the smaller weaker branches and always remember to leaf strip before every major tie down……I am one hell of a trainer and I can tell you that #2 looks indica bushy now but I give her a 75% chance to grow like a sativa during the stretch so make sure u REALY tie her strait out to the walls

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
REALY tie her strait out to the walls
My thoughts exactly! Probably at least another 10 days of this to fill her up. Not expecting this to stretch much at all after the flip, which will be a change from the usual jungle scene here. I'm saving a few lower branches for clone production for now, but those will be coming off soon too. This strain bends very well at the joint of the stem and branch if you squeeze it in good shape.