Creating a cross???

Buddernugs

Full send….always
I wanna make my own strain….I have 2 that I am wanting to cross….. they’re clones from 2 different fem packs…. What do I need to do to get beans and how do I stabilize the gram pool so every bean will mostly be the same?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It takes a lot more than you would think to create a stable cross...like hundreds of plants, lots of planning, and lots of time. I looked into it briefly, when I was interested in crossing high CBD strains with THC strains but I quickly realized I don't have the time or space to do it properly.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Here's a quick read about it.

If you're working with girls an extra step you have to take is reversing your selected progeny.

I'd say start with a goal, get your cloning and reversing game squared away, keep detailed notes, give props to the breeders you got the parents from and have fun.

Vee

Ancient Member
I wanna make my own strain….I have 2 that I am wanting to cross….. they’re clones from 2 different fem packs…. What do I need to do to get beans and how do I stabilize the gram pool so every bean will mostly be the same?

the book marijuana botany by Robert Clarke, is the best breeder guides, tho very good its much better than many current books that go into actual canna breeding including the works of greg green

it may take some effort on your part to get it right

good luck

Mudballs

hey budder long time no see. I always start with a backcross...once i find the pheno i want to keep working i pollinate it with its dad usually (1st bx). That gets rid of a lot of phenos right out the gate and get's most offspring looking something like mom, enough for me to see what the cross is leaning towards and if it's something i want to keep working. Not all crosses are a good mating.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
I had a pheno I selected that could go 3 full days. I’m a fully rooted pot of coco without a single sign of stress…..her sister couldn’t go more than 8 hrs without water before she was wilted to the point of haveing crispy leafs……I also had my first run in with spider mites and she and her clones were the only ones that they left alone……unfortunately she was extremely prone to bud rot becuAse she held water so effectively I I’ve the roots…..that’s with fans blowing gale forse winds at tops….temp never breaking 82f and humidity never breaking 45……so now I wanna work with mimosa again