Controlled pollination advice needed plz

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Im using mixed pollen from 2 male Copper Chem to pollinate a particular copper Chem female and a Texas Chem female with a very distinct terpene profile I have been after. Just trying to see what I get. All Greenpoint genetics. I may hit a Blue god female later down the line or a blue god x gsc female

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Be careful. I kept a male in its own tent, on the other side of the room, and I still wound up pollinating my whole tent of females. When you access the male you will get pollen on your skin, hair, and clothes that you can bring over to your females. If you want to be extra safe then collect the pollen in a container and then do the paintbrush pollination on another day just to make sure the pollen isn’t still in the air of the room or on you.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I was going to mess with this another plan was to find the male then put it back in veg as soon as it showed. Let it get bigger under a gentle light while growing out the females and getting their clones rooted.

Main reason for this was to get the smoke from the moms before messing with pollen, the flip the female clones and male (or clones from it) to make the beans.

Never made a bean on purpose though so take that weith a grain of salt.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
When I was going to mess with this another plan was to find the male then put it back in veg as soon as it showed. Let it get bigger under a gentle light while growing out the females and getting their clones rooted.

Main reason for this was to get the smoke from the moms before messing with pollen, the flip the female clones and male (or clones from it) to make the beans.

Never made a bean on purpose though so take that weith a grain of salt.
I hear ya bro. Seems logical

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Be careful. I kept a male in its own tent, on the other side of the room, and I still wound up pollinating my whole tent of females. When you access the male you will get pollen on your skin, hair, and clothes that you can bring over to your females. If you want to be extra safe then collect the pollen in a container and then do the paintbrush pollination on another day just to make sure the pollen isn’t still in the air of the room or on you.
Yeah I removed all my males at first sign of sex. They went straight the fuck outside lol. Culled them all but two really resilient funky smellin males. Surprisingly they made it through the low temps last night so I may collect a bit more pollen before I give em the chop tonight. I was real careful collecting the pollen the first time and did it upstairs away from my tent. Hell I even turned my furnace off in an attempt not to circulate it. Also collected on a day I didn’t need to be anywhere near my tent 😂 . I pulled the ripe sacks outside and placed them in a closed container to bring in and collect at my table

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Glad you asked. I’m going to F2 some Cherry Wines I got going. My plan is to collect the pollen in a long skinny white bag and put it over the branch I want to pollinate and tie it on for a few days, leaving it out side of the flower tent. Then I’ll take the bag off, spray the plant, let it dry and back into the flower tent.
Sounds like a logical plan. Everyone seems to be saying pretty close to the same thing. Thanks man